10+ Year Old Account

wow in windows mode...

I see some ppls playing wow in window mode.So my question is, what is benefit of playing in windows mode beside easier switching beetwen applications?

thx and cheers...xD

Deleted
    Besides that? Don't know any, really.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    My guess would be it's mainly preference, But it would be easier to switch between stuff like that, I always played it in full screen though^^ But I had two monitors on the go normally, so I always had other programs etc on the other screen

Windowed fullscreen, can read forums/watch stuff while doing lfr/salvaging etc

Deleted
    I'm still not sure if and how windowed fullscreen interferes with turning off vsync ..

Can hop on to other monitor without both screens going black for 2-3 seconds every time I tab out of WoW/another game.

Windowed fullscreen for a game that looks fullscreen and can move mouse freely between several monitors without any alt-tabbing or other tricks. It's for pure convenience.

Windowed mode also comes at slight performance cost. On most games less than 5% but WoW is pretty much impossible to benchmark reliably.

Quote Originally Posted by Texaswarrior View Post
    I'm still not sure if and how windowed fullscreen interferes with turning off vsync ..
    The Desktop enforces certain rendering characteristics on Windows applications (VSync, 60 FPS). In fullscreen, the active program has control.

Windowed mode also fixed the alt tab d/c issue I was having.