Page 1 of 22
... LastLast

China Yulin dog meat festival under way despite outrage

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-33220235

About 10,000 dogs will be slaughtered for their meat at the Lychee and Dog Meat Festival in Yulin in Guangxi province on Sunday and Monday to mark the summer solstice, state media said.

It's Gross but I don't think it's our place to stop it.

It's not gross, and it's not anyone's place to stop it. They're not pet dogs; they're bred as food animals. It's literally no different from a chicken festival, or a beef festival, or a bacon festival. The only difference is that dogs aren't considered food in Europe and North America.

There is nothing wrong with it. We in America have produced a culture where we deify animals and give them a better standard of living than most 3rd world children get. We dress them up in doggy clothes and take them to the doggie spa. Its about time we are reminded that they started off as a food source.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    I feel bad for all those 'protesters' at the Trump rally, it's like the real life equivalent of making a 40 man raid in WoW and not having the boss spawn, thereby denying them a chance at looting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    That's a nonsense argument that ignores what words mean.

Deleted
    I cant see a problem with this.

As much as I love dogs and would not be able to eat them, how is it any different than us eating cows, pigs, chickens, etc?

That puppy is so cute it does make me feel bad

I don't see a problem with this, they are being eaten. It's no different than a BBQ festival.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where's the outrage over lamb?

Just as if not more so cute.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Xcal View Post
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-33220235

[IMG]http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/624/cpsprodpb/1803/production/_83774160_83773911.jpg[IMG]

It's Gross but I don't think it's our place to stop it.
    I wouldn't mind if they kill them humanly instead of skinning them alive or shoving a knife under the rib cage and cutting through it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yami View Post
    I wouldn't mind if they kill them humanly instead of skinning them alive or shoving a knife under the rib cage and cutting through it.
    The tears only saltens the meat and makes it more delicious.

as a guy who eats his fair share of meat I would feel hypocritical to condemn it. bedsides the superstitious nonsense of "warding off the heat".

10+ Year Old Account
    This disturbs me but no way affects me too much and there isn't much I can do. G'day China.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

15+ Year Old Account
    The people saying they have no problem with it, you know they're not humanely killed right? They're boiled alive, have their throat cut while conscious etc. At least (mostly) the animals killed in the west are humanely killed. Not to mention all the other things such as them stealing pet dogs and then killing them for this festival.

Deleted
    Yeah all the people in the bacon circle jerk threads should be pretty clear on this one.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is data to suggest a lot of these dogs are pets, outside of that, I couldn't care less, not when my freezer has double pepperoni pizza on it, I doubt our meat industry cuddles every animal before slaughtering it.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    It's not gross, and it's not anyone's place to stop it. They're not pet dogs; they're bred as food animals. It's literally no different from a chicken festival, or a beef festival, or a bacon festival.
    Actually that might not be true. There are reports that some of them are stolen pets.

Quote Originally Posted by McDave View Post
    The tears only saltens the meat and makes it more delicious.
    Well adrenaline ruins the meat but for some reason adrenaline makes bacon taste much better.

I was unaware China gave a rat's ass about hurting people's feelings. Nor should they. It's their own version of chicken.

Now if only they would do a sweep through the local indian reservation, and scoop up all the feral dogs. That would be a lot of meat.

I don't have a problem with this ethically. In America we probably euthanize a lot of stray dogs. I can imagine dog doesn't taste very good though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Solidito View Post
    The people saying they have no problem with it, you know they're not humanely killed right? They're boiled alive, have their throat cut while conscious etc. At least (mostly) the animals killed in the west are humanely killed.
    You know cattle slaughtered for kosher meat are bled out after having their throat cut by a rabbi?