Warlock damage reduction questoin

So i would really appreciate a little help on how versatility works compared to other damage reductions. As a 660 lock in 6.2 and full versatility gear (offpieces, 1 main piece, dagger, and all enchants) you would have over 10% versatility and hence a little over 5% damage reduction. im wondering how this works for warlocks since we have 10% from UR glyph, 15% from trinket bonus, and 20% split damage with pet(soul link). would that be roughly 30% damage reduction and of that damage 20% is split with pet?? so with no gear on you hit me for a 100. 30% of 100 is 30, so you hit me for a 70. 20% of 70 is 14, so i end up getting hit for a 56?(not calc crits or armor) If anyone has tried this please post because i would love some math and stats on this, if my math is off please help don't bust my nut. thanks for the help

Quote Originally Posted by firekittysgrandma7 View Post
    So i would really appreciate a little help on how versatility works compared to other damage reductions. As a 660 lock in 6.2 and full versatility gear (offpieces, 1 main piece, dagger, and all enchants) you would have over 10% versatility and hence a little over 5% damage reduction. im wondering how this works for warlocks since we have 10% from UR glyph, 15% from trinket bonus, and 20% split damage with pet(soul link). would that be roughly 30% damage reduction and of that damage 20% is split with pet?? so with no gear on you hit me for a 100. 30% of 100 is 30, so you hit me for a 70. 20% of 70 is 14, so i end up getting hit for a 56?(not calc crits or armor) If anyone has tried this please post because i would love some math and stats on this, if my math is off please help don't bust my nut. thanks for the help
    Yes damage reduction is multiplicative

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    You will be taking 80% of incoming dmg due to soul link and that will be getting reduced by 27,325% due the dmg mitigation of versatility, glyph and trinket bonus.
    Last edited by Livevil; 2015-06-23 at 03:30 AM.