Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kektonic View Post
    Wait you mean my alts that do nothing but send out missions all day won't have 200 crates for me to have to open anymore?

How is this a bad thing again?
    Less crates and less profit per crate.
    So in the end you will earn 25% or so of what you used to make.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    Tokens go for 50k here. Don't assume we're all Americans.
    I said US, is there a point to this post?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kioshi View Post
    Too lazy to replace a building, and your complaining about the building? whats is more easy? replacing a plot of clicking hundreds of boxes? Troll much? Maybe Living isn't for you, go hang yourself it will save you some work.
    You sound anally ravaged.
    Seriously,why are you taking a game seriously enough to tell someone to commit suicide and think that's an apt comparison?
    Also I meant I'm too lazy to explain.

Quote Originally Posted by Menardi View Post
    if i sit downi have 2000+ crates to open combined on 4 toons, the thought of sitting down to do this is horrifying, so i dont.
    I indeed have over 8000 unopened crates - 8 weeks with 14 chars, checking missions twice a day. I hoped they would give the crates a sell value, maybe 5G. That's about 1/3 of the average content's worth (excluding world BOEs, just vendor stuff). So I will probably delete them, opening them would take about 4 hours of not-so-fun.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    I indeed have over 8000 unopened crates - 8 weeks with 14 chars, checking missions twice a day. I hoped they would give the crates a sell value, maybe 5G. That's about 1/3 of the average content's worth (excluding world BOEs, just vendor stuff). So I will probably delete them, opening them would take about 4 hours of not-so-fun.
    Why do you have the salvage yard on all of your alts if you dislike it so much?

I just don't understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarela View Post
    Why do you have the salvage yard on all of your alts if you dislike it so much?

I just don't understand.
    There was a time I played more actively and every saturday morning I opened the crates. I've made more than 500k gold just from AHing the purple boes.
    But then one day I didn't feel like I wanted to do it this week, and thought I would open them next week. But next week it was even worse, knowing it would take the double time, and so it went on and on. Sure I could have left the garrison main building and tear down the salvage yard, but why should I do this?

I don't think that's so hard to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    There was a time I played more actively and every saturday morning I opened the crates. I've made more than 500k gold just from AHing the purple boes.
    But then one day I didn't feel like I wanted to do it this week, and thought I would open them next week. But next week it was even worse, knowing it would take the double time, and so it went on and on. Sure I could have left the garrison main building and tear down the salvage yard, but why should I do this?

I don't think that's so hard to understand.
    Did the same thing, but then when I saw the gold return was being blitzed when it went live in US i spent last night busting them all open, it was fun....

So it's time to replace salvage yard with gem boutique? It's 200G+ a day.

Salvage Yard + Treasure Hunting was OP.... I loved it. Enjoyed it while it lasted.

Quote Originally Posted by cudomix View Post
    Or replace the storehouse or something else that's pretty much useless and make 200g+ a day with gem botique and 200g+ a day with Salvage yard.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Well the box nerf will certainly make it a lot slower to gear followers to 675 ilvl. As for the money that salvage yard was making well it was roughly 200-300g per day so roughly 9k per month if you did missions daily and sold greens daily so yeah quite a lot of gold for nothing tbh.
    There is a vendor that sells 650 tokens for 500g each. It sucks for new players or players without the ability to get gold but those of use who have stockpiles can now gear followers very quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    So, even level 100 missions wont always reward a salvage crate.

I dont even have words for how dumb that change is.
    XP missions are for follower XP. Not for milking a broken reward system. I've made several 100k gold from just running all missions above 94 and it is nonsense that this was even possible.

A salvage crate is worth between 20 and 30g and how hard do you have to nerf the chance of a crate to make the salvage yard non profitable? Down to 10%?

Also

Quote Originally Posted by cudomix View Post
    This is not pure profit. You sacrifice up to 120 ore (which is sold for up to 240g on my server (15k players)) for what? something between 100 and 300g?

Good lord...

Just getting gold for something doesn't mean it's pure profit...
    Last edited by Nightstalker; 2015-06-24 at 04:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post
    XP missions are for follower XP. Not for milking a broken reward system. I've made several 100k gold from just running all missions above 94 and it is nonsense that this was even possible.

A salvage crate is worth between 20 and 30g and how hard do you have to nerf the chance of a crate to make the salvage yard non profitable? Down to 10%?

Also

This is not pure profit. You sacrifice up to 120 ore (which is sold for up to 240g on my server (15k players)) for what? something between 100 and 300g?

Good lord...

Just getting gold for something doesn't mean it's pure profit...
    It is convenient gold. That's the appeal. You don't have to worry about going to the auction house, and determining a price to sell, and maybe getting undercut and having to re-post. Dealing with an NPC right there in your garrison is very convenient. Like cudomix, I feel like JC is the way to go. You've got profit margins, and you've got easy money. I'll take the easy money, and then go do something fun.