10+ Year Old Account

RIP James Horner - Film Composer

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2015/...santa-barbara/

Terrible news. James Horner all but confirmed dead in a plane crash north of Santa Barbara, California. I say all but confirmed because there hasn't been an official announcement, however no contact has been able to be made with James and the wreckage was his plane. No survivors were found. His lawyer says he will be making an announcement this morning.

James Horner was one of the top Hollywood film composers including themes for Commando, Braveheart, Aliens, Wrath of Khan, Land Before Time, A Beautiful Mind, Apollo 13, Titanic, Avatar, and many others.

He was 61.

Deleted
    Uhhhhhh ffffff-ck. Just read about it

A Beautiful Mind, The Perfect Storm and Braveheart were mighty fine scores. May he watch over Danny Elfman, Alexandre Desplat, John Williams and all the other great composers, while jamming with Jerry Goldsmith.

Deleted
    He made great music to alot of big movies. But the piece i still frequently listen to is his Digging Montage from Chumscrubber - great relaxing background music for when painting or zbrush sculpting for example..

2 of my favourite James Cameron scores and was working on scores for Avatar 2/3/4

ripip

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

I will remember him fondly for the completely weird and out of place Caribbean Steel Drums/Jazz fusion soundtrack in Commando.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

I was saddened when I heard the news this morning. He was one of the greats when I think of soundtrack composers. I am reminded of Hans Zimmer, John Ottman, Danny Elfman, and even John Williams when I think of James Horner. He will be missed.

Honestly my favorite music of his was Land Before Time. I recently posted a song from it (If We Hold On Together), and have been listening to the soundtrack. James Horner is now participating in "The Great Migration".

Also did you know he did the music for Captain EO? (Just not the Michael Jackson songs)
    Last edited by Symphonic; 2015-06-23 at 05:21 PM.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2015/...santa-barbara/

Terrible news. James Horner all but confirmed dead in a plane crash north of Santa Barbara, California. I say all but confirmed because there hasn't been an official announcement, however no contact has been able to be made with James and the wreckage was his plane. No survivors were found. His lawyer says he will be making an announcement this morning.

James Horner was one of the top Hollywood film composers including themes for Commando, Braveheart, Aliens, Wrath of Khan, Land Before Time, A Beautiful Mind, Apollo 13, Titanic, Avatar, and many others.

He was 61.
    THis is a fucking terrible year... So many great people lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    THis is a fucking terrible year... So many great people lost.
    I'm dreading the day when John Williams passes away. Can't they invent the elixir of life?
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

That sucks. :| I remember Braveheart's soundtrack more than most of the others listed as being particularly awesome.