How shamans changed since TBC/WotLK + few questions.

So in last 3-4 years I was playing DK, Lock and Shadow Priest as my mains. Hovewer my guild disbanded, I took break, was playing few weeks guildless (doing mostly LFR) then again break and repeat this few times. Now I wanna go back to raiding and I decide to look for new serwer with guilds with people from my country to play together. Since leveling is fast now and I will not get to raidng guild (maybe as social but not raider) because I dont have achi/gear from two previous raids I decided to reroll instead paying for serwer transfer.

And while thinking about what class to pick in my new home I realized that shaman was my first hero ever created in WoW (started as shaman before TBC, was lvl 52 when the expansion was released) and that I did not play this class since TBC/early WotLK.

And now I wonder how different is the class now compared to TBC and WotLK. Its still fun to play? Im thinking about shaman because I play mostly as DPS and if I will be bored with melee I can always switch to caster. So how you all feel about shamans those days? Arey the pretty balanced? Broken? Changes were for the better or worse?

Also its hard to solo old raids as shaman? What spec is best for soloing? Any other things I should know before I decide to pick shaman?

This is not the answer you were looking for, but there are plenty of other threads about shamans here so i don't need to detail rewrite what has been said.

Shaman DPS specs in PvE are not bad, but they are not great (rare specific situational niche uses that might not even be in current raids).
    Generally speaking Elemental sucks on movement-heavy fights, Enhancement's single target DPS is poor.

Elem/Enha also have absolutely no unique utility, and their off-healing is pathetic.
    Whether they are fun to play is up to the individual, i find the specs fun to play even though they are lacking proper tools.

Resto is the better of the shaman specs, it is not perfect but i do not feel like an imbecile for playing it (unlike elem/enha, which feel like a gimped monkey).

In TBC Shaman was one of the most simplistic specs in the game, hit Stormstrike and Flame Shock > Earth Shock.. If you wanted to be really fancy you could totem dance with agility/windfury, as you were forced to put down Windfury for the rogues/warriors... But the majority of Shamans did not even attempt that.

Current Shaman on the other hand is probably the spammiest and overbloated spec in the game, you have a million things to track and lots of flashing icons to smash, it was probably the most bloated spec in MOP too which is amazing how it managed to survive the purge in WOD.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4