Deleted

Just upgrading GFX, hasn't increased FPS at all

I've been having serious FPS issues in raids for quite sometime now and decided to upgrade my graphics card to see if I would get an improvement.
    I went from having a AMD Radeon 6870 HD to a AMD Radeon 290x and it has made little to no difference what so ever to my FPS.

Raiding I'm lucky to get 25fps with it dropping as low as 4 when turning my camera, it's extremely irritating and I just want a solid FPS, having an average of 40fps would do me happy.

I have a Intel Core i5-3330 with 8GB of ram - Any advice would be greatly appreciated

WoW Raids are generally more CPU dependent, you would see a larger increase from a CPU upgrade compared to a GFX upgrade.

GPU is essentially wash as far as FPS goes when raiding and going mass-scale PVP. Or cities.
    It's your CPU that is getting bogged down.

Well, a 290x is just a rebranded 7970ghz edition which is not much better than a 6870 anyway. WoW is also not heavily dependent on the GPU, a 750ti would likely produce similar results. You need a CPU you can OC to see improvements in your current system for WoW.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Well, a 290x is just a rebranded 7970ghz edition which is not much better than a 6870 anyway. WoW is also not heavily dependent on the GPU, a 750ti would likely produce similar results. You need a CPU you can OC to see improvements in your current system for WoW.
    Incorrect, a R9 290X is NOT a rebranded 7970, it is in fact a different architecture.
    And if you think it's not much better than a 6870 ... well no accounting for taste/knowledge I suppose.

@ OP:
    What Kyuuseishu/TetrisGOAT said about CPU's and GPU's is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    I realise you probably made a thought error, but this is wrong on so many levels, and too funny not to post this:
    http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/1336?vs=1059

Herald of the Titans Pterodactylus's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarnold View Post
    I've been having serious FPS issues in raids for quite sometime now and decided to upgrade my graphics card to see if I would get an improvement.
    I went from having a AMD Radeon 6870 HD to a AMD Radeon 290x and it has made little to no difference what so ever to my FPS.

Raiding I'm lucky to get 25fps with it dropping as low as 4 when turning my camera, it's extremely irritating and I just want a solid FPS, having an average of 40fps would do me happy.

I have a Intel Core i5-3330 with 8GB of ram - Any advice would be greatly appreciated
    What AA options do you have enabled?
    “You know, it really doesn’t matter what the media write as long as you’ve got a young, and beautiful, piece of ass." - President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Evildeffy View Post
    Incorrect, a R9 290X is NOT a rebranded 7970, it is in fact a different architecture.
    And if you think it's not much better than a 6870 ... well no accounting for taste/knowledge I suppose.

@ OP:
    What Kyuuseishu/TetrisGOAT said about CPU's and GPU's is correct.
    Ah, yes, i apoligize, I think it was a 280x, I could still be entirely wrong though as self admittedly, I do not know much about the AMD cards. Still, it was not his GPU slowing him down.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW is more intense on CPU. I don't know why but that's what seems to be the case I have a 5700 or around there and my FPS is pretty good in most areas(Excluding Garrisons it goes to 90 or whatever.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pterodactylus View Post
    What AA options do you have enabled?
    I have AA off * V Sync off