Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JemiS View Post
    So basically, you're frustrated that you have to put in a modicum of effort for something that you wanted to get for free.
    If that's what you've taken away from this then sure. I didn't get into teaching pre-school for a reason. I cannot tolerate dealing with creatures so useless.

Deleted
    Its great that this option is comming!

Deleted
    Again, you're complaining about something that will cost 160-220 gold and 5 minutes of your time, it's a ridiculous discussion and you've already spent waaaay more time "discussing" in this thread than it will take for you to get over the minor inconvinience of joining someone's garrison through a premade, auto-invite system where you never need to say a word to anyone.

As for what trader it is, its Ore today (on Europe), if I'm counting right, the Herb trader will be on Saturday, just gather all your herbs, don't mill until then if you don't want to, and on Saturday you get your Mass Milling 5 minutes after you log in, done, finished, hilarious forum debate blown out of proportions as always.

Quote Originally Posted by hakujinbakasama View Post
    If that's what you've taken away from this then sure. I didn't get into teaching pre-school for a reason. I cannot tolerate dealing with creatures so useless.
    In other words, yes, it is, and you don't like having it pointed out. Poor baby.

Question, what trader is up today?

- - - Updated - - -

Hey, top hat guy/girl/squid monster who auto presumes shit based on a snarky response to a trite response.

1. I have 11 100s
    2. I have 11 level 3 garrisons
    3. Most of my "friends" and friends quit wow because... uh.... yeah the game objectively sucks compared to the rest of the gaming world.
    4. You DON'T have to pay the gating fee. Welcome to something I already agreed to 78 posts ago.
    5. Stating that the feature is "antisocial" while also attacking me isn't a great logic consistency.
    6. None of what you, or really anyone else has said on the subject, has even remotely began to promote why it was a "good idea" by blizzard to do it in the first place which was my annoyance, as there doesn't seem to be one.

So remember, kittens are delicious.
    Well, aren't you just a gem! Blizzard didn't have to do it to begin with and you could continue to mill herbs 5 at a time as you have since they created inscription, OR you can pay what I consider a convenience fee to mill entire stacks. Your choice bro (or squid bro or whatever you are, who could know...), whether or not it was a "good idea" as you so eloquently put it. I can see why all your "friends" and friends quit, it was probably to avoid your negativity...
    I can teach you how to play, but I can't fix stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Relnor View Post
    Again, you're complaining about something that will cost 160-220 gold and 5 minutes of your time, it's a ridiculous discussion and you've already spent waaaay more time "discussing" in this thread than it will take for you to get over the minor inconvinience of joining someone's garrison through a premade, auto-invite system where you never need to say a word to anyone.

As for what trader it is, its Ore today (on Europe), if I'm counting right, the Herb trader will be on Saturday, just gather all your herbs, don't mill until then if you don't want to, and on Saturday you get your Mass Milling 5 minutes after you log in, done, finished, hilarious forum debate blown out of proportions as always.
    /slowclap

That's a great conclusion. It's a mighty fine one. Yet, I'll refer back to my post of "why the fuck is this the design?" Want to use all that superiority to show how this was the logical route to be taken for a small quality of life change? Could you please, in your infinitely greater than mine high horse, explain to the ignorant me where this is similar to something else they've done?

ya know, beyond flying

I'm glad I clicked on this thread. It's a real nail-biter.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagonos View Post
    Well, aren't you just a gem! Blizzard didn't have to do it to begin with and you could continue to mill herbs 5 at a time as you have since they created inscription, OR you can pay what I consider a convenience fee to mill entire stacks. Your choice bro, whether or not it was a "good idea" as you so eloquently put it. I can see why all your "friends" and friends quit, it was probably to avoid your negativity...
    1. Sure

2. You don't mill an entire stack. I was really down on that too but figured 20 was better than 5 but at the conversion rate it's still meh. Back when stacks were 20 that would have been more of an impact.

3. Not seeing something from your point of view doesn't make me a negative person that people don't want to be around. By that same account maybe all of your friends still play wow because none of you have responsibilities or get laid or pay taxes or have any meaning to your life beyond wow.

Deleted
    Apparently, it wasn't clear, and that was my fault. The vendor only shows up in a level 3 garrison. A level 3 garrison costs 5k.

yes someone was correct by the idea that I, we, whatever could spam trade trying to find someone with the vendor but that's not exactly a "whoo" supporting design.
    It's stupid, you're right, but you can at least get around paying the 5k

Quote Originally Posted by Kargath of Pandaria View Post
    It's stupid, you're right, but you can at least get around paying the 5k
    Very true, which to be fair at the time I didn't think of as I've never had a single reason in WoD to visit another persons garrison, for obvious reasons.

What's probably worse about it is that there is literately nothing in the patch notes about it. (with regards as to where or how to obtain them)

New recipes for mass milling of Draenor herbs have been added, allowing 20 herbs to be milled at once.
    Holy hell that's informative Blizzard.

Deleted
    /slowclap

That's a great conclusion. It's a mighty fine one. Yet, I'll refer back to my post of "why the fuck is this the design?" Want to use all that superiority to show how this was the logical route to be taken for a small quality of life change? Could you please, in your infinitely greater than mine high horse, explain to the ignorant me where this is similar to something else they've done?

ya know, beyond flying
    Christ, who cares if its a shitty design choice ? Its the choice that has been made, it's not going to change, complaining about it, especially when it takes 5 minutes - no, even less than that, to solve, is stupid and petty.

Your arguement is pretty much analogous to something like "Why can't we mount up instantly ? Whats the point of that cast time ? " - Who the fuck cares ? its a 1.5s cast. Seriously, you're making a huge deal out of this, but come Friday or Saturday or whenever the Herb trader shows up, you will be able to get your mass milling effortlessly.

Is it a pointless extra little hop you have to make ? Yes. Is it something worth complaining about ? Not even close. Hell, it didn't even occur to me anyone would find this to be a problem.

Deleted
    Very true, which to be fair at the time I didn't think of as I've never had a single reason in WoD to visit another persons garrison, for obvious reasons.

What's probably worse about it is that there is literately nothing in the patch notes about it. (with regards as to where or how to obtain them)

Personally I think the whole idea behind these vendors is stupid anyway. What's the point of visiting someone else's garrison if you're only there for the vendor anyway? All garrisons look the same anyway.

5k? What? Are we playing the same game? You're literally the first person to complain about this feature, and on top of being the first you've also won the dumbest reasoning ever award aswell.

Apparently, it wasn't clear, and that was my fault. The vendor only shows up in a level 3 garrison. A level 3 garrison costs 5k.

yes someone was correct by the idea that I, we, whatever could spam trade trying to find someone with the vendor but that's not exactly a "whoo" supporting design.
    SERIOUSLY!?!? thats what this is about?!??!

premade group finder, search for trader, travel to leaders garrison, go buy it. DOES NOT COST 5K...i did this with my lvl 94s in 6.1...they had lvl 2 garrisons.

sheesh...plus you should have no problem getting a lvl 3 garrison...the fact you dont already have one (i assuming by your indignation) is rediculous. plus once you ahve a lvl 3 garrison it should be really easy to get that 5k back.

10+ Year Old Account

Yes, their patch notes are designed to hold your hand, they fail because they didn't link to Wowhead for the recipe and NPC, and post a fulll guide on what it entails.

Look in premade finder for a group with the trader, or quit whining.

Seriously, every single tiny thing is the fucking end of the world to some people, get over yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Kargath of Pandaria View Post
    Personally I think the whole idea behind these vendors is stupid anyway. What's the point of visiting someone else's garrison if you're only there for the vendor anyway? All garrisons look the same anyway.
    It's like that left over design from when you could actually customize your garrison but when everything else got pulled they just said "eh fuck it" and left this. For the most part, as far as I've seen, they are fairly fucking pointless to begin with. Sure, you could get some extra spirits but I don't know how much people were ever really banking on that compared to just utilizing garrison resource work orders from the Trading post.

I'm more pissed off by the fact that it wasn't available as soon as the patch is up, I have 10k god damn herbs that need to be milled.

Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    Yes, their patch notes are designed to hold your hand, they fail because they didn't link to Wowhead for the recipe and NPC, and post a fulll guide on what it entails.

Look in premade finder for a group with the trader, or quit whining.

Seriously, every single tiny thing is the fucking end of the world to some people, get over yourself.
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=190381/mass-mill-frostweed

Doesn't tell you anything

in order to find it, you'd have to find it under

http://www.wowhead.com/guides/profes...ch-6-2-updates

then you'd have to actually notice it or search it and for most people you'd still probably have to look at the npc page because who in the fuck would every assume they had it?

They never had anything to do with Inscription to begin with.

And YES, it is pretty tiresome that Blizzard is too lazy to make a simple clear direction in their own game.

Says someone who I bet doesn't blink an eye at using their ultra easy "go over there and loot that asshole" quest feature.

Deleted
    Honestly, I'm just going to assume the OP never attempted to visit someone else's garrison, and that his complaint stems from thinking it will be a great hassle. The alternative to that is that the OP does know exactly what an effortless thing this is and is trolling/being intentionally obtuse, and I usually don't like to assume that.

So, again, OP - Lets say I wanted the Ore Trader's recipes today. I'm ingame now, I opened up the Group Finder, there are 2 people with auto-invite groups to their garrisons right now. All I have to do is click Join, View Leader's Garrison, and run up to their Town Hall and talk to the vendor.

This is what you will have to do on Herb trader day. It will cost you 160-220 gold, or, if its a seperate pattern for each herb, 960-1320 gold - which is nothing. It will also take you 2-3 minutes tops, especially since you won't be the only person looking for this recipe.

Don't really know what else to say tbh, if even something this simple annoys you to no end, maybe you're too sensitive ?

I, too, mill on a daily basis and will be looking for this pattern, I'm going to use a timer to see how long it takes me to get the recipe and report back to this thread, see you then =)

And YES, it is pretty tiresome that Blizzard is too lazy to make a simple clear direction in their own game.

Says someone who I bet doesn't blink an eye at using their ultra easy "go over there and loot that asshole" quest feature.
    So, you're pissed that Blizzard doesn't show the assholes where to get everything?
    I can understand you not getting into pre-school teaching, you don't set a fox to keep the geese.
    The final question is: will you get over this hassle, a minor annoyance for a minor feature in a content patch or will you finally realize that playing a social game you don't like with people you don't want to socialize with is a stupid idea and leave this general area?
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose