Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Can't wait to FINALLY drop my shitty RoRG though... You think ANYONE is going to use the Jewelery slot on anything but RoRG, or maybe the occasional Bul kathos ?.
    Right now the main contenders for jewelry are..

-RRoG passive (F+R equipped):- For any build that uses dual sets.
    -Convention of Elements (F+R equipped):- Dps boost single set builds.
    -Stone of Jordan (F+R equipped):- Same as above

Don't think Unity will be used as much for solo pushes as Blizz said that they will be doing a pass on the hp and damage numbers of all the mobs as they are killing the perma-cc builds.

As for Amulets, double immunity seems to be very popular as it helps with the high end GR fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by ophion1990 View Post
    I wonder if you'll be able to copy Hellfire Amulet effects.
    While we can't do that, Tals and Sunwuko users will at least get an ammy slot free to use a Hellfire or Immunity ammy now.

Also we're just talking about the item combos we know of. We are yet to see the new legendaries, sets and jewels coming in the next patch. Won't be surprised to see 3+ viable builds for each class.

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    When was the last time ppl was this hyped for an PATCH in WoW?

Diablo-team seems to be doing more or less exactly what the community wants/hopes for
    I think it's more likely that the people who have given up on D3 have actually given up on D3 and aren't going to bother posting about it, so you will only have threads full of fans who will love any update to the game at all. Whereas the people who are unhappy with WoW continue to pay the monthly sub and complain on the forum for God knows what reason.

As someone who played the hell out of d2 and gave d3 its fair share of hours, I'll add some anti-hype to this thread for you:

This patch is meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawon View Post
    Haha, u are so WAY off... noone hangs here.. I just peak now and then for fun... go to the real D3 dedicated forums and u see proper action (like even us official forum). Besides, there ain't much to write about as we play instead, so not everyone hangs around on the forums.. and you would know that if u played yourself instead of just making up stories from what you feel is resonable in your on lil world.
    Diablofans isn't dedicated Diablo forum? The number of public games being maybe 25% as numerous as they are around the start of a season isn't proof? People who play the game for a fucking living saying the same thing I do isn't enough? What about other people in this very thread that agreed? And how exactly isn't there anything to write about? That explains why after every new patch the forums and subreddit are suddenly much more lively, right? Because everyones playing and there's nothing to talk about?

But w/e if you're just gonna respond with condescencion I don't see the point in argueing.

People would still complain that they were "Forced" to equip 5 pieces for their set bonus, the illusion of a discount is more appealing than an actual discount. So leave it at 6 pieces, give people a chance to eat RoRG and everyone is happy... Until people start complaining that they feel forced to use the Jewelery slot on RoRG .
    I feel like it'd improve if there were just more good ring options. Right now it's F/R, RoRG,Unity and CoE for most classes (there are exceptions). I feel even in S3 RoRG wasn't anywhere as mandatory anymore. Even with the cube I don't think the Bul'Khatos barb build would use the RoRG effect, for example but who knows, maybe RoRG will become the go to cube bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Demoncrash View Post
    While we can't do that, Tals and Sunwuko users will at least get an ammy slot free to use a Hellfire or Immunity ammy now.
    Ah, I missed that earlier. That's good to know, I figured it'd probably be too strong.
    Last edited by ophion1990; 2015-06-24 at 05:14 PM.

Damn... If Shields are counted as Weapons and not Armor then I can't have my Condemnsader with Blood Brother and Akarat's Awakening eaten .

Can't wait to FINALLY drop my shitty RoRG though... You think ANYONE is going to use the Jewelery slot on anything but RoRG, or maybe the occasional Bul kathos ?
    Convention of Elements, immunity amulets, hellfire amulet (sup dawg, we heard you like passives, so we made a passive for your passive so you can passively have another passive).

What I would be curious to see: Will they allow a "set item" passive? Example: As a Barb, I have both BK weapons. Could the passive simply be "BK weapon", therefore allowing the use of another weapon (say an ancient weapon of some flavor). I doubt this will be allowed, and that's fine. This cube system as-is will be fun as hell to fuck around with.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    When was the last time ppl was this hyped for an PATCH in WoW?

Diablo-team seems to be doing more or less exactly what the community wants/hopes for
    They need to bottle the win the current D3 team is made of and send it over to the WoW team.

truly impressed by the d3 team over the past year. i'm sure i've broken a thousand hours on the game by now.

compared to WoW
    i can't speak for everyone, but i play d3 in spurts with breaks in between. i think if a lot of the folks upset with WoW played WoW that way then they would be happier with the game. but hell, you can just buy tokens now anyways. play and takes breaks regularly.
    Last edited by Blur4stuff; 2015-06-24 at 06:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazgrel View Post
    What I would be curious to see: Will they allow a "set item" passive? Example: As a Barb, I have both BK weapons. Could the passive simply be "BK weapon", therefore allowing the use of another weapon (say an ancient weapon of some flavor). I doubt this will be allowed, and that's fine. This cube system as-is will be fun as hell to fuck around with.
    The set bonus is a set bonus, not a "special effect" as per their description of what get's turned into a passive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im giong to eat my flying dragon and use the effect on my WW barb.
    I wonder what WW will look like with FD proc + BK set. ERMAHGERD, it will sound like a machine gun.

DaYum this is going to be crazy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elite Peon View Post
    Torment 10 ? O_O .....OMG .....Im thinking that will be like a Grift 50 plus now ?
    Torment 10 is around GR40
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

10+ Year Old Account
    As for Amulets, double immunity seems to be very popular as it helps with the high end GR fishing.
    Yeah... I was walking back from Japanese tonight and suddenly it hit me... Chomp my Arcane heal neck and wear the Lightning one. Perfect .
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks quite good. I'll definitely jump in to see Ruins of Sescheron and play around with the cube.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Not too keen on, but otherwise the cube alone might have me play again

Combat Changes

Several changes to monsters are coming to the game as well. Along with reducing the amount of crowd control the game’s tougher monsters will tolerate, we’ve adjusted the experience and Rift progress granted by killing monsters so they better reflect the effort required to kill them. For example, monsters that take more time or effort to kill now provide more experience, and those that are especially easy to kill will provide less. We’ve also made changes that create a better balance between the time you spend exploring and clearing Nephalem or Greater Rifts, and the time you spend facing the Rift Guardian. With these changes, more of the emphasis will be on your journey as you explore and clear the Rift.
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Im giong to eat my flying dragon and use the effect on my WW barb.
    I wonder what WW will look like with FD proc + BK set. ERMAHGERD, it will sound like a machine gun.

DaYum this is going to be crazy.
    Can't do that. They said the Cube will only consume items your class can use.

Also here's a summary of blue posts from Diablofans..

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    - No date for PTR yet, but "around the corner" should mean very soon!
    - The plan is to have Patch 2.3 released at the same time for next-gen consoles and PC.
    - Kanai's Cube is like a new Artisan - acquired by completing a quest in the new zone (only in Adventure Mode), and accessible on all Acts' Town Hub.
    - It's a collection system meant to, among other benefits, help players deal with hoarding cool items "just in case" you want to use them in the future.
    - You find a Legendary item and extract its essence into the Cube.
    - You can then "equip" your hero with one affix from each type of item: Weapon, Armor and Jewelry.
    - The Armor slot encompasses: Boots, Pants, Helmet, Shoulders, Bracers, Chest Armor, Gloves and Belt.
    - The Weapon slot encompasses both weapons and off-hand items (Quivers, Mojos, Sources, Shields).
    - You cannot equip a Legendary Affix from another class (so no Calamity bonus for Barbarians).
    - Ancestor's Grace and Hellfire Amulet passives cannot be extracted into the Cube.
    - Kanai's Cube passive bonuses do not compete with Class Passives - they're independent.
    - Affixes with variable rolls retain their maximum roll in the Cube - it's meant to be a collection system, not a progression-based one.
    - In the current iteration the Cube will let players know what Legendary Powers they are missing!
    - Keywardens will now directly drop Infernal Machines instead of Keys and the Hellfire Amulet now has a socket built in.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2015-06-25 at 09:16 AM. Reason: cause better looking.

Yeah, just read the blue post aswell, a change to the hellfire event sounds great, no more complete crap rolls on the amulet! Also, seeing all the affixes you're missing for the cube is an awesome feature.

ok, so it seems that F+R will be the most used jewelry combo, with RoRG as passive - it will be an insane boost for my DelRasha Wizard. Also as expected no class specific effects for different classes (it would be too much).

Now i'll be waiting for detailed blogs related to specific features.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    1 per slot? Damn thats hyped me up

- - - Updated - - -

Might have to reinstall eventually XD
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't do that. They said the Cube will only consume items your class can use.

Also here's a summary of blue posts from Diablofans..

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    - No date for PTR yet, but "around the corner" should mean very soon!
    - The plan is to have Patch 2.3 released at the same time for next-gen consoles and PC.
    - Kanai's Cube is like a new Artisan - acquired by completing a quest in the new zone (only in Adventure Mode), and accessible on all Acts' Town Hub.
    - It's a collection system meant to, among other benefits, help players deal with hoarding cool items "just in case" you want to use them in the future.
    - You find a Legendary item and extract its essence into the Cube.
    - You can then "equip" your hero with one affix from each type of item: Weapon, Armor and Jewelry.
    - The Armor slot encompasses: Boots, Pants, Helmet, Shoulders, Bracers, Chest Armor, Gloves and Belt.
    - The Weapon slot encompasses both weapons and off-hand items (Quivers, Mojos, Sources, Shields).
    - You cannot equip a Legendary Affix from another class (so no Calamity bonus for Barbarians).
    - Ancestor's Grace and Hellfire Amulet passives cannot be extracted into the Cube.
    - Kanai's Cube passive bonuses do not compete with Class Passives - they're independent.
    - Affixes with variable rolls retain their maximum roll in the Cube - it's meant to be a collection system, not a progression-based one.
    - In the current iteration the Cube will let players know what Legendary Powers they are missing!
    - Keywardens will now directly drop Infernal Machines instead of Keys and the Hellfire Amulet now has a socket built in.
    Y U CRUSH MY DREAMS?!

That sucks. Ohh well. Its still going to be awesome. Just not super awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is AWESOME. So you can get a drop with a shite roll... Then eat it and get the maximum . I think my terrible rolled Ashbringer is going to get eaten!

That is a GREAT change. I might even bother to get the neck on my monk now! Then probably eat the Lightning neck.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Torment 10?! Whadaaafaq? Guess I have to Get Gud and learn to play better if I'm ever to go beyond T6.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

The Cube is a tribute to Kevin Kanai Griffith, a Diablo artist who passed away last year.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm excited. I do like that each season that they try something new and rewarding for folks.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.