Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I enjoy Tanaan, short of having issues soloing the Saberons and elite demons on my mage seeing as they tend to group up on me.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    Timeless isle was the worst piece of outdoor content ever released. See how easy this is?
    What the hell are you talking about?

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The problem is I don't enjoy doing a couple grindy, story-less quests that make me feel like some bean-counter in a depressing backroom office with no windows and a 1978 metal desk.

Call me crazy, but I want to feel like I'm roleplaying in a roleplaying game.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripley6174 View Post
    I wish Tanaan would have been much more open like Timeless Isle. Exploring the map is just not fun due to running into obstacles every few seconds. It's not the only map that suffers from this terrible design of having mountains and trees blocking your path everywhere with only a single, hard to find path across, but it's one of the worst offenders in an expansion full of them. MoP was so much better in that regard.
    Yeah it felt like there was a lot more open space in Mists of Pandaria.

I fully agree. Tanaan is one big fucking garbage. I requested a game-time "freeze" because I decided it's not worth playing so I could use my game-time later. I started to play GW2 again and so far it's good.

Deleted
    To me it seems like the rewards for doing Tanaan are not good enough for the effort provided.

Flying? Why bother with flying in the last patch of the expansion? Unless the next expansion will take place on the same continent, but I don't think they would let us grind an achievement from a previous expansion to be able to fly in the current expansion...

Gear? Well, only good if you have lots of alts that you actually want to do the effort for towards gearing to level easier in the upcoming expansion. To me it didn't seem worth it. I've had every class at max lvl throughout cataclysm to Wod. and geared them up every patch. Now it seems to be kind of pointless. LFR also takes ages to queue, didnt even do it yet as it is over one hour queue.

Did I miss something?

i think the real question people are not asking is, what the fuck were we suppose to do exactly in Tanaan if they never decided to add flying through the reputations? this of course would mostly apply to those who've at least killed content in normal difficulty of raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    I fully agree. Tanaan is one big fucking garbage. I requested a game-time "freeze" because I decided it's not worth playing so I could use my game-time later. I started to play GW2 again and so far it's good.
    To let u know incase the GM didn't that game time is only frozen for 3 months. After the 3 months it is removed from the account. I was going to do the same when the GM told me that and I said fuck it I don't care and left.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Amulree View Post
    Any specific reason why not?
    Tanaan is too hard to move about in. Too many obstacles between A and B. Also being so large means its hard to get to a rare in time.
    Gear token drops on TI were plentiful and were BoA. Good for alts. Baleful drops in Tanaan are BoP.
    One good thing about Tanaan - Empowered apexis fragment is now BoA.

Quote Originally Posted by dexx View Post
    Tanaan is too hard to move about in. Too many obstacles between A and B.
    like many of the zones this expansion. What bothers me is the maps often don't reflect exactly what's there. meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The best thing about Tanaan is how it's going to crash and burn well before Q3 ends.
    Not if they allow flying right before Q3.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

10+ Year Old Account
    Tanaan has no story progression, no real narrative and it's just a bunch of disconnected apexis daily areas. Everyone complained about Apexis dailies, so they added more. Good job Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    I'm curious... why? Why give them money when all of the news will leak out in hours anyway?
    A few reasons, really.

First up, I've nothing on that weekend. Might as well spend Friday night with some wine and a bit of gaming news. Secondly, I'm interested in the Warcraft movie and Diablo 3, so will watch those panels with interest; I also enjoy the competitive StarCraft scene.

Mainly, however, it's because I'm going to be taking particular note of what's being said about World of Warcraft and compiling something of a dossier of what's "promised", in order to see how much actually gets delivered.

Quote Originally Posted by Drachman View Post
    I agree, in one of the instances I believe a boss talks about Stormwind's destruction and I actually said to a friend of mine, 'It doesn't matter anyway, it's not our Stormwind' that would get destroyed.
    Bit off topic, but just to clear this up:

That was Zaela in Upper Blackrock Spire and is, AFAIK, part of our own main universe.

Not that it made me care any more, because there doesn't appear to be any story as to why Zaela's in there, who Commander Tharbeck is, or what she's planning in order to destroy Stormwind. It's just a disassociated mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    Personally I enjoy Tanaan, short of having issues soloing the Saberons and elite demons on my mage seeing as they tend to group up on me.
    Personally, this is one of the better parts of it. Encouraging groups has worked really well, and when I'm up at the Throne of Kil'jaeden I've found people are generally friendly and helpful, rather than viewing everyone else as a potential obstacle. It's been fun grouping up again.

Sadly, it just highlights how little fun Zeth'gol or the docks are. I swear, I spend more time in the Fel Forge running around in my hunt for things to blow up, than I do just killing things.

Quote Originally Posted by iebe View Post
    Flying? Why bother with flying in the last patch of the expansion?
    It's funny, I was thinking about this. Personally, my opinion was that I'd end up flying to wrap up some archaeology achievements... Then realised that I was quite far behind on them, that it'd take a ton of effort, and that (like Pandaria) it was dependent on RNG loving me; that mistress that continually chooses to spurn my honourable advances.

I'm just not arsed with achievements anymore. I used to love chasing them down prior to Pandaria, where they all ended up largely uninspired and focussed on grinding rather than interesting content or mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by dexx View Post
    Tanaan is too hard to move about in. Too many obstacles between A and B. Also being so large means its hard to get to a rare in time.
    That's assuming the rare is even killable. Spent a good 20 minutes just looking at a bugged Varyx the Damned yesterday.

As for getting about... The whole expansion has been like that. Small hills are enough to stop you getting over, and causing a five-minute run around. It feels horrible, and brings back so many (bad) memories of the original Ashenvale... Which I avoided like the plague.

Quote Originally Posted by Uoyredrum View Post
    Tanaan has no story progression, no real narrative and it's just a bunch of disconnected apexis daily areas. Everyone complained about Apexis dailies, so they added more. Good job Blizzard.
    I think the lamentable Ion Hazzikostas commented on this, actually - he was saying that feedback is heard (el oh el), but they can't act on it in time. So when players reject garrisons and apexis dailies, we end up with... More garrisons (shipyard) and apexis dailies. It's like the whole expansion was planned out, and there was never a chance to change it in accordance with what players actually wanted.

Deleted
    Yesterday I was telling my brother who stopped playing in Cataclysm about Warlords. All was fine until he asked me "So what is the purpose of this expansion, what are you doing in Draenor?" Even after 6.2 I still have no idea...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azurae View Post
    Yesterday I was telling my brother who stopped playing in Cataclysm about Warlords. All was fine until he asked me "So what is the purpose of this expansion, what are you doing in Draenor?" Even after 6.2 I still have no idea...
    This'll convince him, it s my one choice image from my time in WoD

Deleted
    I like Tanaan jungle.

Quote Originally Posted by Amulree View Post
    Maybe it's time Blizzard started putting the story and adventure back into their game about the stories of adventurers.
    Exactly. Tanaan is 3 reps, all of which have zero story. They're just wrappers around daily/weekly quests. Kill 25 demons, kill 10 bosses, clear 3 apexis zones, done.

Compare that to the 5.1 invasion rep, which had story missions every 2 days. That was awesome!

Or even better, the 5.2 isle of thunder progression. Multiple mission hubs, cool stuff to do, the island unlocked over time, and each unlocking had its own story quest in a separate scenario. It was sweet! The Isle of Thunder was truly the pinnacle of WoW endgame non-raiding content. Only downhill from there.

5.3 was awful, with the northern barrens, and 5.4 was an improvement over 5.3 (difficult not to be) but was just another story-less boring zone like Tanaan. Lazy, tedious, terrible.

The only bright spot about Tanaan is that the reps are pretty easy to max out in 2-3 weeks, and you can just kill the 4 oil rares for medallions if you want to skip the grind entirely. The bright spot is you don't have to endure it very long.

Of course 6.2 is the last patch of the expansion, so Tanaan will be current content until-- lets be honest here guys and gals-- June 2016.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2015-07-07 at 03:30 PM.

It's super crowded and seems to be smaller than hellfire peninsula...