Thread: Horde PVP 6.2

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    It's affecting PvP balance, though. Right now, you're looking at a 20 min queue to get into randoms on the Alliance (longer if you also queue for AV and IoC), while Horde is never longer than about 2 mins.
    You know what affecting pvp balance more than that?

Ashran.

Alliance winning most ashrans (which hasnt changed from what I've seen yet) is a huge deal since its one of only 2 ways to get the 'randomly dropped' versatiltiy gear that is BIS for a lot of classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Vajarra View Post
    And? Most of WoW's history it's been like that, except flipped. Why is it only a crisis now?
    It's because Horde is on the short side of the stick whereas before it benefited them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    It's because Horde is on the short side of the stick whereas before it benefited them.
    It's kinda funny to see the same (horde) people who kept saying "there's no issue, u just bad" are now complaining about win rates.

Schadenfreude aside, this needs fixing, and I have no idea how. Even if they completely did away with racials this very second I don't think it would make any difference anymore.

Yeah it's gotten to the point now that removing Racials wouldn't be enough, though it'd still be worth doing. I think they need to treat instanced PvP the way it's done in other games, and make it where it's randomized which side you get on. You'd have a mix of Horde and Alliance players on each team, and while that's lore breaking, we're already breaking lore with Horde vs Horde and Alliance vs Alliance RBGs and arenas. They'd also have to let players from different factions be able to talk to each other and party up, otherwise there'd still be the perception that they've got to be a certain faction to get good teammates. It wouldn't be a perfect setup, but at least it'd remove this stupid cycle where every expansion one faction's always winning in PvP, then the next expansion they're always losing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vajarra View Post
    And? Most of WoW's history it's been like that, except flipped. Why is it only a crisis now?
    I don't remember it ever being this bad and this is coming from someone who has played both an Alliance and Horde char since WoTLK. I've probably won 5 bg's since 6.2. All 5 of them were isle of conquest too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremysync View Post
    lol why do alliance do better then horde all the time?
    Arena Mate was showing that about 94% of the 2200+ Players were Alliance last season, and we happen to all need to regear up again cause Brolinka decided to make greens and blues better than the Conquest Gear from last season.

Not exactly surprising to see these results.
    Last edited by GrieverXIII; 2015-07-01 at 08:07 AM.

Deleted
    I play both sides and honestly I win 90% of the time as the Alliance due to people understand and playing objectives.

Horde just seem to run around like headless chickens.

I was horde since I started playing years ago but I am faction changing all 5 of my hundreds to Alliance.

U guys want this fixed? Tell blizzard to change humans racial and all will be normal again. Want even better results? Give aliance racial to a horde race and remove the human one, in one month all will be diferent again

As horde, how do you get versatility gear? I imagine as alliance you sit in a queue for a few hours then get handed a complete set.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I don't recall it being this bad. I play both factions.
    Back then, it also had PvE implications added on to Horde being the majority. Certain raid encounters favored Horde racials because Alliance lacked major PvE racials at the time. Things like Heroic Spine with the fight requiring high dps in small but clear windows, and Throne of Thunder being a beast-fest for the first few bosses, in which the mass Troll exodus occured.

Now that Alliance has actual PvE racials, most of the Horde PvErs stayed put, but then the mass Human exodus occurred, even though it was a thing ever since EMFH was a racial.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Quote Originally Posted by dwightyo39 View Post
    As horde, how do you get versatility gear? I imagine as alliance you sit in a queue for a few hours then get handed a complete set.
    Well I did my druid and my warrior in two different ways. You run back and forth at the entrance until you find an instance where horde dominates, or you do ashran in the morning when it's usually a 5v5. If your team has the artifact in a 5v5 you will win.

Yes I know it wasn't a question.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    I sadly play alliance as well and it was never this bad, but I don't think Blizzard can fix it at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holinka did an interview to address the current 6.2 problems. His answers are spot on.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=larseDwxKs8

10+ Year Old Account
    Given that Alliance PvP queues are up to the 15-20 minute mark now, in terms of pure honor farming, would it be faster to just PvP as Horde since the queues would be much shorter? Or is the bonuses for winning that big enough of a difference to not be worth it? I know that you'll need to have a really stone cold sanity to not go crazy doing that though.
    Last edited by Thallidomaniac; 2015-07-03 at 08:06 AM.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

I have definitely changed my mind a bit about the random BG situation after dusting off my alliance priest and druid.

I have to say that although it weirdly doesn't feel like I lose noticeably more now on my horde rogue, I definitely feel the difference when I am on one of my alliance healers. I go on 10 game winning streaks- then lose a close game, and then go on a winning streak again. I've been doing BGs for many years and never seen alliance perform this well. It's like shooting fish in a barrel really as an alliance healer. And it's not really that alliance is much stronger now, it's horde that is noticeably terrible, so really I should say that I have never seen horde perform this poorly. They always tended to lack a bit on the strategic side but usually had the upper hand in smaller fights. Now it is just terrible in both aspects the majority of the time.

I used to post the same stuff years ago about how bad the Alliance was. Im gonna give you the same replies I always got. Just pick which ever one suits you.

1. L2Play
    2. All your losses have one thing in common, YOU
    3. BG win:loss rate is 50%
    4. Make Premades

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    I used to post the same stuff years ago about how bad the Alliance was. Im gonna give you the same replies I always got. Just pick which ever one suits you.

1. L2Play
    2. All your losses have one thing in common, YOU
    4. Make Premades
    Used to be true, now there is a very very noticably difference in terms of raw data, i think is north of 65/35 now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    Except theres actual hard data that shows that its not. Horde is barely winning 30%. (And its actually lower than that, give that the 30% number includes the last 30 days, and prior to patch 6.2, Horde was doing much better; so, to drag the overall 30 day average down to ~30%, the current win rate has to be even lower.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    Except theres actual hard data that shows that its not. Horde is barely winning 30%. (And its actually lower than that, give that the 30% number includes the last 30 days, and prior to patch 6.2, Horde was doing much better; so, to drag the overall 30 day average down to ~30%, the current win rate has to be even lower.)
    so if all the good Horde pvpers faction transferred and are the reason for the Alliance always winning then the Alliance actually was Bad all along.