Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    sounds like the difficulty is a success

Im actually scared now that my ~653 ilvl (currently) fresh alt Blood DK wont cut it even after I go through Tanaan and gather whatever gear I can there :O

might be that Ill need to apexis upgrade one or two lowest pieces to 695 before hitting the mythics

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenethon View Post
    Not able to jump on and give them a crack until later tonight, just curious as to how they are difficulty wise and how they compare to heroic/challenge mode? I'll be doing them through the group finder, so just curious as to what to expect.
    Any info greatly appreciated
    Seemed really easy at average ilvl 685ish. We did BSM and the only rough spot was the gauntlet (two DPS got globalled by standing in bad).
    The plural of anecdote is not "data". It's "Bayesian inference".

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    You do not want it to be queable. Imagine the fail groups you would get from it. At least by using "Premade Finder", you have a chance to vet people.
    they wouldnt be failing more then 620 itlv groups in begining of expansion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PriestRela View Post
    In short, its asshole level. Melee die in 2 hits... MAYBE. Twice I've been 1 shotted on a melee hit (playing rogue, 677 ilvl).

Tanks die in 2. Healers 1 shot. Its BS. And overtuned, waste of time.
    If ur a rogue and getting hit by melee hits then i suggest u do the correct thing and sit behind your target

It sounds to me like its tuned correctly and also sounds fun... cant wait to try out later

Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post
    Compare it to Pre-nerf Cata Heroics. Grim Batol. Blackrock Caverns. Zul'Gurub. Does it stack up?
    It does not even come close to stacking up if you have good gear. With a ~693 ilvl group with coordination, it was easier than heroics at the start of WoD. In Everbloom, we one cycled the tree guy, for example. The caster bitch died on her second cast of the parasitic thing. Per nerf Cata heroics week 1 were ridiculously harder, especially if you weren't exploiting the 25% damage alcohol from the Wildhammer daily hub. ^_^

Haven't done UBRS yet. That place might be aids, as it was several magnitudes of difficulty higher than other dungeons in Challenge Modes. Btw, for a geared group, I think Challenge Modes are harder.
    Last edited by OrcsRLame; 2015-06-24 at 11:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do the dungeons use the same mechanics/pulls as Challenge Modes or as Heroic versions? E.g. Does Skyreach have the CM-only dread raven patrols going about?

With a ~693 ilvl group
    lol

> go into mythics @ 693
    > complain that they are to oeasy

If you're good and you're geared, it feels like the launch heroics tuned up a bit.

Ran Auchindoun and one of the guys who wasn't around in 6.0-6.1 pulled in one of the guild's casual players to heal -- we got through it, but every boss involved a kill with, ahem, fewer than 5 players alive.

Deleted
    Everything hits harder, bit more intense on healers. Any dps that can not stand in fire will be fine.

Per above: feels like HP was not increased as much as damage done from enemies, so smart play with fire, CC, positioning and interrupts plus high DPS makes content seem easier than it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    I joined a group that was stuck on terron'gor.

As a healer I feel like not much was happening. except when he did his nasty abilities. which brings people to very low health. But really i was kinda bored with him at least.
    To be fair i am ilvl 692

After boss died he dropped a pair of mythic warforged boots of ilvl 705 which was better than what i had so i got it. also only clothy.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

So what happened to the extra mechanics that are supposed to be in the mythic dungs?
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    lol

> go into mythics @ 693
    > complain that they are to oeasy
    I'm not complaining. I'm telling other people that have at least heroic BRF gear to not get their hopes up. I think a lot of people in this thread are giving a false impression of difficulty and I'm trying to counterbalance that with a different perspective.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Celarent View Post
    If you're good and you're geared, it feels like the launch heroics tuned up a bit.

Ran Auchindoun and one of the guys who wasn't around in 6.0-6.1 pulled in one of the guild's casual players to heal -- we got through it, but every boss involved a kill with, ahem, fewer than 5 players alive.
    This post is a great example of what I was talking about. If you're good and geared, it won't feel like launch heroics tuned up a bit, it'll feel like launch normals with less HP and more damage.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    So what happened to the extra mechanics that are supposed to be in the mythic dungs?
    They didn't exist in Everbloom. If I see any when I do more later, I'll let you know.

We went into Skyreach on our Mythic geared chars for the JC recipe. It wasn't really difficult, I'd say. But if you treat it like you treat heroic dungeons, you will wipe a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Kantalope View Post
    We went into Skyreach on our Mythic geared chars for the JC recipe. It wasn't really difficult, I'd say. But if you treat it like you treat heroic dungeons, you will wipe a lot.
    Did the same, and we tried to pull everything up to the first boss, Wasn't a good idea.

Also the CM mechanics is present in the mythic versions.

I'm telling other people that have at least heroic BRF gear to not get their hopes up.
    the people with heroic BRF gear will be doing heroic HFC, not 5-mans

How are the pulls at ~690-700 ilvl compared to CM trash pulls?

Quote Originally Posted by galaxyquest View Post
    How are the pulls at ~690-700 ilvl compared to CM trash pulls?
    Should be fine. You can't exactly yolo it, but with CM strats and cooldowns, you'll still blow it up, considering you're probably 20 or more item levels above what it's meant for.

Fun but the implementation of them has been utterly abysmal.

Pros:

Enjoy Draenor Dungeons again at a higher difficulty

Cons:

"LINK ACHIEVEMENT AND HAVE 500000 ITEM LEVEL OR NO INVITE!"

Enough said really. It's terrible for people who don't meet the silly meta requirement that seems to be set (680+ gear or GTFO basically) even though they're tuned for 660+

Did auchindoun with a group of all 700~ ilvl. Chain pulled everything and was pretty much a joke. BUT I understand this content isn't designed for high end raiders, so I don't really mind at all, if anything they are tuned well. What I am disappointed with is that there were no new mechanics. It's literally the same (average) dungeons that I grinded for weeks at the start of the xpac, and not really keen on doing them again.