Page 1 of 16
... LastLast

Heroic Hellfire Assault

Hello guys,

Just now I tried Heroic Hellfire Assault with a team of 690 average with a little 685+.

To be honest we went in with the assumption that first boss is going to be very easy (according to Fatboss PTR video)
    However, I notice that in live, Felcaster spawn 3 instead of 2 like in the video (maybe I have mistaken), and the Hulking Berserker spawn pretty fast and at some point 2 Hulking Berserker spawn almost together while we are still trying to nuke down the one that we are dpsing.

I am not sure what have we missed. Anyone who have killed him mind to share your strategy?

Like how was those Hulking Berserker being tanked and the dps priority? Cleaving or not cleaving.

We tried

1. Lust on pull, burn down Martak as fast as we can before first Hulking Berserker spawn
    2. Burn down Hulking Berserker first then Felcasters 1 by 1 (we tried to cleave around while burning Hulking Berserker but it is chaotic when all 3 Felcasters went down to 50% almost at the same time and cast Metamorphosis together)
    3. Have range dps on Siegeengines when they spawn but this also lead to dps loss on Hulking Berserker
    4. We normally wiped around the time when 3rd siege engine Felfire Artillery because the tanks being killed by the Hulking berserkers.

Any help are appreciated.

My guild is having the same issue. It seems like we just get so many adds up at once. It seemed like more than one hulk would just spawn at the same time.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Have tanks that won't go squish. If your tanks are dying without calling for externals, using potions or personal CDs, then it's a tanking issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Have tanks that won't go squish. If your tanks are dying without calling for externals, using potions or personal CDs, then it's a tanking issue.
    I understand that, but both of the tanks has spent all their CDs and potion and trinkets but still not able to take them down in time before the tanks being killed.

With 15 people on heroic the Siegemaster had ~39 million life. On normal it dropped down to 19 million and we were killing adds before the next wave spawned, whereas we had some struggling on heroic. The disparity between the two difficulties seems huge for a first boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Bahm View Post
    With 15 people on heroic the Siegemaster had ~39 million life. On normal it dropped down to 19 million and we were killing adds before the next wave spawned, whereas we had some struggling on heroic. The disparity between the two difficulties seems huge for a first boss.
    Yeah it is. I have no idea how come that is. My guilds ilevel is all around 685-690 yet according to the fatboss video, we were still 20k below the recommended dps level for everyone.
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

10+ Year Old Account
    This news pleases me....

its called overtuned relax nerfs inc

We did this tonight on the first try.

Basically kill the brutes, kill the terrors above everything else when they hit 40%. Interrupt repair, prioritize artillery above everything but terrors. We cleaved all the things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgDI4STbMzA Here's a video, kinda zergy.

Iron Reaver was a lot harder. Then Kormroc and Hellfire High Council were easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    We did this tonight on the first try.

Basically kill the brutes, kill the terrors above everything else when they hit 40%. Interrupt repair, prioritize artillery above everything but terrors. We cleaved all the things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgDI4STbMzA Here's a video, kinda zergy.

Iron Reaver was a lot harder. Then Kormroc and Hellfire High Council were easier.
    Well, you guys are a 7/10 BRF mythic. Mythic guilds seem to be geared enough to have this fight easy.

For some reason, it doesn't seem that illogical that Blizzard doesn't tune something to allow you to go HeroicT17 -> HeroicT18 and just smash it.

While I agree with your sentiment it doesn't seem that illogical that a group that has had heroic blackhand on farm for a few weeks should expect to go in and kill the first boss of the next tier considering that tier has 13 bosses. There is a severe fun factor loss when you step into the first heroic boss and wipe for two and a half hours then decide to practice in normal to find the mobs have literally half the hp of heroic with the same number of raiders. There is a deadzone of fun, challenging, and rewarding raiding for people at that zone between heroic farming and mythic content.

I was given the impression from PTR that this was kind of like Furnace where it's a single target burn fight and everything else besides incidental cleave is basically padding. Are people having more success with that strat or are they letting people bladestorm and go to town? We tried it both ways and got roughly just as far with both, but the AOEing led to uncontrolled felcasters morphing and murdering us and single target just led to too many felcasters alive at once. Any help? 691ish average ilvl, if that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Woost View Post
    For some reason, it doesn't seem that illogical that Blizzard doesn't tune something to allow you to go HeroicT17 -> HeroicT18 and just smash it.
    Raids are generally supposed to progress same difficulty -> same difficulty. That is to say, if you raid heroic, you should indeed be able to go into the next tier on heroic. The lower difficulties are not intended (explicitly) to serve as gear farms so people can raid at the level they were just playing at. Now as to whether you should be able to "smash" the first boss, it shouldn't present a steep DPS check for people who've had Heroic T17 on farm for months.

Heroic is tuned for i700, you were all undergeared and not good enough to overcome that gap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    I think this thread proves that in WotLK, not only has being bad and lazy become acceptable, but a defendable position and point of pride for some people.

Raiding is a job while there is joy in it. You don't walk into a raid and think "I deserve these kills". You go in thinking "I want these kills and will get them." You get the kill by doing your jobs not by complaining on forums.

Quote Originally Posted by facerollin View Post
    Heroic is tuned for i700, you were all undergeared and not good enough to overcome that gap.
    I am sorry, but if that is the case, it is beyond a level of stupidity that I can adequately put a term on to. Heroic should Not be tuned to have an ilevel of 700. That is mythic ilevel zone. It should not be the point in gear where we are finally able to begin heroic. We shouldn't have to be a mythic raider to clear heroic when we have t17 heroic on farm.

we experienced the same thing.

the disparity though I think is lengthened greatly by how ridiculously easy normal is. we just did an anyone in guild goes on alts normal test run earlier today and found all of the bosses in HFC to be incredibly easy. Hellfire Assault was over and we were like, "that's it? it's done?", and everything was faceroll. However on heroic it's at least 400% more difficult, with an average dps of 65k, ranging from our lowest pulling 53k and our highest pulling 91k, we still fell behind on adds due to it just being overtuned right now.

It seems like it's probably not overtuned tooooo much though, it's just mostly a shocker since normal is WAY too undertuned.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    I am sorry, but if that is the case, it is beyond a level of stupidity that I can adequately put a term on to. Heroic should Not be tuned to have an ilevel of 700. That is mythic ilevel zone. It should not be the point in gear where we are finally able to begin heroic. We shouldn't have to be a mythic raider to clear heroic when we have t17 heroic on farm.
    You shouldn't have to have Mythic t17 to have heroic t18 on progression but you should need mythic t17 to have heroic t18 on farm. If youre a heroic raider you should be progressing heroic in the next tier not farming it. As for any other issues you might have, you might want to consider that at the beginning of the expansion all mythic raiders farmed a week of normal and heroic gear and went into mythic the next week to bash our heads against the wall nonstop until we got the kills. The more gear we had the easier the next boss. We were all undergeared for HM mythic at the beginning but good raid composition and good players got kills.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    I'm right there with you. We finished Heroic Blackhand back in March and failed at the attendance boss before we could even try Mythic. We think we should be able to take our 691 geared mostly best in slot plus a smattering of cache mythic items from Foundry and transfer that to the same difficulty in Hellfire. I know Hellfire normal's loot starts at 690 and ramps to 705 so a lot of the drops are actually upgrades for us, but we'd be going backwards in difficulty to get there.

We'll hit up Heroic again later in the week, hopefully some people will be able to pick up their DPS between now and then.
    Last edited by bicycle; 2015-06-24 at 07:42 AM.