Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zilkhaw View Post
    I notice that in live, Felcaster spawn 3 instead of 2 like in the video (maybe I have mistaken),.
    Maybe you had more players (flex mode and all that), or your group wasn't focusing priority targets. If you check your logs, how many people are focusing priority targets when they are up (i.e. Felcasters/Boss, then cleave engineers/berserkers, focus down berserkers while melee sort out siege engines, etc)?

Quote Originally Posted by Pixelexip View Post
    You shouldn't have to have Mythic t17 to have heroic t18 on progression but you should need mythic t17 to have heroic t18 on farm. If youre a heroic raider you should be progressing heroic in the next tier not farming it. As for any other issues you might have, you might want to consider that at the beginning of the expansion all mythic raiders farmed a week of normal and heroic gear and went into mythic the next week to bash our heads against the wall nonstop until we got the kills. The more gear we had the easier the next boss. We were all undergeared for HM mythic at the beginning but good raid composition and good players got kills.
    k? What does that have to do with the first boss of hellfire being increadly hard. I never said anything about t18 being on farm. However, the first boss shouldn't just roflmao pwn heroic t17 raiders. It should be doable. Especially when normal offers next to nothing but minimum upgrades. Should it take some work? Of course. However, it should feel doable.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Deleted
    I do not know how the live tuning is, but BRF HC is definitely not supposed to be tuned around ilvl700 (BRF mythic). It should be tuned around 685-695 (depending on the boss). I guess every boss up until archimonde is tuned up to around 690.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    k? What does that have to do with the first boss of hellfire being increadly hard. I never said anything about t18 being on farm. However, the first boss shouldn't just roflmao pwn heroic t17 raiders. It should be doable. Especially when normal offers next to nothing but minimum upgrades. Should it take some work? Of course. However, it should feel doable.
    I'm saying that you don't need the item level you guys claim you need. Your raid comp or raid's skill is lacking and that's the issue. Gear only makes fight easier. If you guys are having trouble with the first boss I don't see you getting past second boss. The average 8/10-10/10 mythic BRF guilds are getting to about 6/13 first night of heroic on a normal raiding schedule. Your raid's "I deserve this mentality" is why you folks are failing. Heroic T17 farm <= Heroic T18 progression and thats how it should be. I expect fully geared Heroic T17 guilds to get to 3/13 MAYBE 4/13 first night and thats being generous.

Deleted
    k? What does that have to do with the first boss of hellfire being increadly hard. I never said anything about t18 being on farm. However, the first boss shouldn't just roflmao pwn heroic t17 raiders.
    It isn't, assuming said heroic T17 don't roflmao 'I know, I'll just AoE the crap out of everything'. That's for LFR not the third highest level of difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by zilkhaw View Post
    Hello guys,

Just now I tried Heroic Hellfire Assault with a team of 690 average with a little 685+.

To be honest we went in with the assumption that first boss is going to be very easy (according to Fatboss PTR video)
    However, I notice that in live, Felcaster spawn 3 instead of 2 like in the video (maybe I have mistaken), and the Hulking Berserker spawn pretty fast and at some point 2 Hulking Berserker spawn almost together while we are still trying to nuke down the one that we are dpsing.

I am not sure what have we missed. Anyone who have killed him mind to share your strategy?

Like how was those Hulking Berserker being tanked and the dps priority? Cleaving or not cleaving.

We tried

1. Lust on pull, burn down Martak as fast as we can before first Hulking Berserker spawn
    2. Burn down Hulking Berserker first then Felcasters 1 by 1 (we tried to cleave around while burning Hulking Berserker but it is chaotic when all 3 Felcasters went down to 50% almost at the same time and cast Metamorphosis together)
    3. Have range dps on Siegeengines when they spawn but this also lead to dps loss on Hulking Berserker
    4. We normally wiped around the time when 3rd siege engine Felfire Artillery because the tanks being killed by the Hulking berserkers.

Any help are appreciated.
    this happens when you try to do boss which is probably tuned for 700 itlv with 690 team - just go do normals like you are supposed to.

- - - Updated - - -

I am sorry, but if that is the case, it is beyond a level of stupidity that I can adequately put a term on to. Heroic should Not be tuned to have an ilevel of 700. That is mythic ilevel zone. It should not be the point in gear where we are finally able to begin heroic. We shouldn't have to be a mythic raider to clear heroic when we have t17 heroic on farm.
    why not ? you have acces to 695 upgrades in tanaan to 715 crafted gear to 705 crafted weapons 700 itlv mythic dungeons loot - why the f shouldnt hc be tuned 700+ ?

There's already more than 400 kills on wowprog, and that's with US kills still updating and the rest of us not even started yet. That's not "incredibly hard" by any standard, seems like the usual numbers to me. It'll be at a few k by the end of the week.

In any case I don't see why having 10/10 H on farm in BRF should mean you oneshot the first new hc boss, I certainly expect to wipe a lot on the first mythic boss

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    why not ? you have acces to 695 upgrades in tanaan to 715 crafted gear to 705 crafted weapons 700 itlv mythic dungeons loot - why the f shouldnt hc be tuned 700+ ?
    The items it drops are 705 in heroic. If its tuned for 700+ and drops gear basically for what its tuned for that's pretty questionable. It should be tuned ideally around heroic Foundry gear for people who go from heroic to heroic rather than heroic to mythic back to heroic again. There's a reasonable question in that, because nowadays you can get the quality gear outside of raids, whether the raids should be tuned in expectation of that. While me and my guild gear as much as possible through other avenues as a factor of game balance I say it should only take this into account minimally.

Remember later bosses will be tuned higher, and they will drop higher levels of gear, if all bosses are tuned in expectation of having the ilevel gear that the bosses actually drop that's very counterproductive for having these tiers of difficulty and reward.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeshmi View Post
    The items it drops are 705 in heroic. If its tuned for 700+ and drops gear basically for what its tuned for that's pretty questionable. It should be tuned ideally around heroic Foundry gear for people who go from heroic to heroic
    It is. Show me logs of a group failing with that level of gear and I'll show you a group that's basically rolling their faces across the keyboard instead of playing properly. There are groups with average item level less than 690 killing it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thete View Post
    It is. Show me logs of a group failing with that level of gear and I'll show you a group that's basically rolling their faces across the keyboard instead of playing properly. There are groups with average item level less than 690 killing it.
    I'm Eu i'll have a chance to appropriately test it tonight, I was just pushing back against the whole 'well of COURSE it should be tuned towards being completely geared with items it already drops!' angle as I consider it poor balance.

Deleted
    I'm Eu i'll have a chance to appropriately test it tonight, I was just pushing back against the whole 'well of COURSE it should be tuned towards being completely geared with items it already drops!' angle as I consider it poor balance.
    Fair enough, but the fact is it isn't tuned for that. People who have tried it and are coming to that conclusion are just blaming Blizzard for the dumb fuckery of their own raid.

I don't want to be funny but what Fatboss etc said is irrelevant.

If you had an ounce of common sense or the ability to think critically you'd know that ptr tuning is normally on the forgiving side so people can test mechanics etc. Hey guess what, they tuned it up on live!

If you are all about 690 it should be do-able, you just need to play closer to the potential that gear gives you.

Remember later bosses will be tuned higher, and they will drop higher levels of gear, if all bosses are tuned in expectation of having the ilevel gear that the bosses actually drop that's very counterproductive for having these tiers of difficulty and reward.
    no its not - HfC HC is tuned so that guild which took 4 months to clear BrF HC took similiar amount of time progressing through it - why should it be tuned lower ?

Deleted
    Can you please guys forget the "what kind of ilvl do you need for T18 HM "debate"" and anser to the OP.

Btw he is asking for tips on this encounter.

For my part I think that Bloodlust on pull on Marak in the right answer, and then focus :
    Casters > Artillery > everything else

I'm not sure how heroic assault is supposed to be "tuned for 700 ilevel" either, seeing as our split raid at 699 or so ilevel destroyed it like it was trash mobs. We just blew up the boss on the pull then nuked casters as they spawned, then a chest randomly appeared and it contained loot. Probably one of the easiest intro encounters I've ever seen.

retired, another victim of warlords of draenor

Deleted
    if mythic is tuned for legendary rings and top guilds don't have them then this is going to be the most difficulty tier for guilds going for world first.

We thought Hellfire assault was the easiest boss after Kormrak. We are 7/10 Heroic after tonight. I did not really pay attention our raid just cleaved everything down, focused casters and poped healing CDs during Metamorphis, just seemed like a giant trash pull. We did lust at start and we had some people in their single target spec. Our biggest Issue was the hitbox on the drill siege it kept hitting people who werent even close to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vixcis View Post
    Can you please guys forget the "what kind of ilvl do you need for T18 HM "debate"" and anser to the OP.

Btw he is asking for tips on this encounter.

For my part I think that Bloodlust on pull on Marak in the right answer, and then focus :
    Casters > Artillery > everything else
    Caster's below 50% > Tanks that attack cannons > Brutes > Tank that attacks raid > everything else

This fight takes a combination of single and AoE damage ie we had 1 of our mages go Fire and one of them go Arcane. Be prepared for tons of predictable damage and interrupts on repairs. GG thats the fight. He's in the wrong place if he wants to be spoon fed a answer he could look up on any raiding site atm. The bottom line is he needs to teach his raid how to not go cleave heavy. We had 2 to 4 single target dps prioritize bringing down specific spell casters quicker and quick switching to the tanks while the rest of our 30 man farm group was cleaving. All this fight takes is a disciplined raid group. If he's running a guild that has class officers have them get together and discuss who they want to single target or cleave ahead of time ie. I know that one of my mages is a weak fire mage and I'm a great fire mage so I had him go arcane and I went fire.

I tried pugging it today and also struggled. Unfortunately I forgot to log and one thing kept happening that I couldn't understand. After the third siege tank, the one that comes from the side, we would get aoe'd in a way that looked like we reached enrage timer. It looked like the aoe that the terrors do, but it came from where our canon was (up the ramp), and it would one shot the whole raid. Someone suggested it was because we didn't kill siege tanks fast enough and our cannon died, but I can't find any info that says if a canon dies your whole raid gets wiped out. I suppose maybe both our canons died, but that seems unlikely because we would kill the crusher next to the other canon and were always able to fill it up with ammo, before we moved onto this side. Does anyone have any idea what this might be?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Liji View Post
    Someone suggested it was because we didn't kill siege tanks fast enough and our cannon died, but I can't find any info that says if a canon dies your whole raid gets wiped out.
    I forget the exact details, but the whole point of this encounter is to use those cannons to blow up the doors to the citadel. As such, having a cannon destroyed is pretty bad and probably is a wipe mechanic.