Garrison Gold Missions: how it work?

So, with the nerf to garrison gold missions operating on some kind of diminishing returns, does anyone know how this actually works in practice?

I have heard it works on some kind of 'main vs alt' system, but how does it work in practice? How does it determine what character is your "main" and which is an alt?

Like, if I want to maximize my gold intake over several characters, should I check them all out to see which has the best gold missions, and then do those first? Or does it prioritize them in order of start time (which would lead to logging on each one to start the largest mission possible for each character before starting the smaller ones?)

Anyone able to offer any insight into this?

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    How does it determine what character is your "main" and which is an alt?
    That's the thing, it doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    So, with the nerf to garrison gold missions operating on some kind of diminishing returns, does anyone know how this actually works in practice?

I have heard it works on some kind of 'main vs alt' system, but how does it work in practice? How does it determine what character is your "main" and which is an alt?

Like, if I want to maximize my gold intake over several characters, should I check them all out to see which has the best gold missions, and then do those first? Or does it prioritize them in order of start time (which would lead to logging on each one to start the largest mission possible for each character before starting the smaller ones?)
    It's not really a main vs alt scenario, it's more like a free for all death match between all your characters for the last can of tuna. The way they implemented it is, gold missions can go to any character you have that has a garrison. So if you have a freshly dinged level 100 char with sub-optimal followers, those "lucrative missions" or rare missions like Blingtron's Secret Vault can may well go to that character, either failing it or succeeding with sub-optimal rewards. So to sum it up, you are getting punished just for your alts existing.

They did say you'd still be making more gold the more alts you have, as long as they are all well prepared. So to people that are altoholics, like people with 11 chars, but only focus on like 1-2 chars for garrison, their other 9 alts will effectively be dead weight, they will be shat on.

ahh, if that is how it works, it is good, since all my level 100 alts are capable of whacking out pretty mucch any mission with at least 1+ gold follower. Just have to hope that i get blings vault on the toon with 3 of them.

Deleted
    No reason to keep 10-12 treasure hunter followers in the roster then. About 4-5 per character should do the trick, and replace these THs with epic mount, apexis crystals and bonus oil I guess.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by makiiholic View Post
    It's not really a main vs alt scenario, it's more like a free for all death match between all your characters for the last can of tuna. The way they implemented it is, gold missions can go to any character you have that has a garrison. So if you have a freshly dinged level 100 char with sub-optimal followers, those "lucrative missions" or rare missions like Blingtron's Secret Vault can may well go to that character, either failing it or succeeding with sub-optimal rewards. So to sum it up, you are getting punished just for your alts existing.
    Do you have a source for this?

From what I understand of what we know, if one of your characters gets a rare treasure mission, it will go onto cooldown for your account (ie none of your other characters will get it for some period of time). However I would guess that such missions would be allocated to the first character who logs on once it is off cooldown or the character who is logged on at the time it comes off cooldown. As I understand it, this is how it currently works for rare missions anyway - they can only get allocated while you are logged on, and we know this because of the way their expiry timers work. Also if you don't log on with an alt for a large number of days, a bunch of rare missions will be available the next time you log on.

It doesn't make sense that they would allocate a rare mission to a toon who hasn't logged on because then there is the risk that it expires without you ever having had a chance to see it.

The implication of this is that if you make sure to log on with main (or the toon best set up for treasure missions) first every day, then the odds of these missions going to your other alts would be significantly reduced.

Deleted
    judging by the American forums Raelbo its is very much a case of randomly assigned to one of your alts regardless of login order.

That may just be naysayers over reacting to this kick in the teeth for altoholics but theres plenty of people out there complaining of getting high reward missions on freshly dinged or ignored alts

- - - Updated - - -

regardless ill be logging my main in first from now on just incase

So far from what I see diminishing returns is non-existent BS, it is an across the board nerf; of my 11 toon every one of them got 1-2 or no gold missions, yesterday and this morning, doing the math it looks like I will go from just over an 8k per day gold average to under 2k.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobaltius View Post
    So far from what I see diminishing returns is non-existent BS, it is an across the board nerf; of my 11 toon every one of them got 1-2 or no gold missions, yesterday and this morning, doing the math it looks like I will go from just over an 8k per day gold average to under 2k.
    Looking that way ... will know better after a week (made 10k on 9 toons yesterday ... but not yet sure how much of that was bleed over from Monday queues.

EDIT:June 24th send offs
    9 toons
    - 3 toons with 2 gold missions
    - 2 toons with 1 gold mission
    - 4 toons with 0 Gold missions
    Before it was RARE to not have any gold mission and most toons at 3-7 gold missions waiting.
    Last edited by Groalarbear; 2015-06-24 at 02:24 PM. Reason: Update

I'm not sure if this is gonna be skewed data since it's only one day but the "change" is definitely visible.

I have 5 characters of which all are readily prepared for gold/resource gain. I usually check these 5 twice a day, first in the morning and the second, before I go to bed. On an average day, I'll probably see 10-20 gold missions (30g, 50g, 75g, 100g, random) in one day combined on my 5 characters. Today, I saw 3. Freaking 3 lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    One Blingtron mission across 5 accounts and 35 characters here. Most only had a couple of gold missions, probably making a few hundred gold on average.

I made 7k so far today from gold follower missions, with only a single refresh, and without master plan (so many of them didn't use treasure hunters). I'm leaning towards "they changed F all".

But hey, maybe the RNG is in my favor.

cant say i notice much of a difference tbh though i do notice the amount of salvage i have been getting has been nerfed

Quote Originally Posted by Lumpie View Post
    cant say i notice much of a difference tbh though i do notice the amount of salvage i have been getting has been nerfed
    Yes the number of crates you get has dropped significantly going to be much harder to gear new followers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    I made 7k so far today from gold follower missions, with only a single refresh
    Today I have made 8k with 11 chars and around 8-10 treaserhunters on each and with a Blingtron waiting to be completed (only by 2x= 2000g). Have done two refresh though. No boxes opened yet but I seem to get like 50% of I used to get. The nerf dosent look as bad as I was afraid of.

I play across 4 max level characters and I have seen a massive reduction in gold missions so far. I have gone from about 4-6 missions per character per day to 4-6 total per day.

My other concern is my other non-100 characters, will the gold missions be getting split between them as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Malthred View Post
    I play across 4 max level characters and I have seen a massive reduction in gold missions so far. I have gone from about 4-6 missions per character per day to 4-6 total per day.

My other concern is my other non-100 characters, will the gold missions be getting split between them as well?
    Tiny reference pool. I had days with barely anything before 6.2 as well.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Tiny reference pool. I had days with barely anything before 6.2 as well.
    I hear you on that, but I have been seeing this trend in gold missions for 4 months. Patch day hits, my missions took a severe dive. My hope is that it is bad RNG and will go back to a more normal flow but it is a dubious start.

Deleted
    I definitely get less gold missions overall, and especially less missions with 100g or more. Have not seen a Blingtron mission for days. I'm glad that of my 12 max level characters 10 are already done with their followers' upgrades.

I guess I will have to work much more conservatively from now on regarding risks, especially on lucrative missions, because losses will now affect me more. Sad thing is, I am not the one of the people who mess up the economy. I almost never buy or sell something in the AH (prefer to farm myself), and mostly spend the money on the usual gold sinks (repairs, mounts, etc.) The only thing I was hoping for, would be a rare shot on the BMAH, but now I can forget about that. :/