Deleted

Question about legendary tomes drop

Was wondering... say I kill a boss before I get the legendary quest for the tomes and then I get the quest, if i kill that boss again (maybe in a different difficulty) will I get a chance to get the tome or not?
    I know in the past it didn't work, anyone tried now?

Nope, don't think that work, since you get loot-locked (and tomes are a shared drop for all difficulties).

I wouldn't risk trying it, personally
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    Doesn't work like that. One boss kill = locked for the week across all modes, with or without the quest.

Deleted
    Well, I guess some people can't read. :P In the original post I stated that I KNOW it never worked before. I didn't ask if you think it still doesn't, I asked if anyone has actually had the chance to try it and can confirm it doesn't work still or something changed...

I can confirm that I killed Hellfire Assault on normal Tuesday without the quest and then killed it on heroic Wednesday with the quest and I did get a tome.

Quote Originally Posted by swingdancer View Post
    I can confirm that I killed Hellfire Assault on normal Tuesday without the quest and then killed it on heroic Wednesday with the quest and I did get a tome.
    A hunter in our group did the same thing - didn't get the quest on Tuesday before we did normals, but grabbed it Wednesday as we went into heroic and he was getting tomes from bosses.

Deleted
    Awesome... so they did actually change the way it works... In the past it wasn't like this. Thank you very much!