Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
    On the mythic dungeons, the excessive requirements are a necessary evil. Nobody wants to spend 20-40 minutes travelling, summoning, clearing trash and easy bosses only to realise a group member is holding them back from clearing the dungeon which is the sole purpose of the run. Even if the chance is low of you or your wife falling into that bracket why would they risk it when the chance could be lower with somebody else?
    You can always replace them. Anyway I made my own group for skyreach mythic, I got tons of apps from dpsers but only plate melees and hunters (awesome balancing from blizzard side, I generally see it everywhere these specs are the most popular), I thought 3 melees is too much, I pick a hunter, he keeps putting aspect of the pack when I pull, barrage extra packs and we wipe, do dps below the tank, etc. So we had to kick him. Sadly you cannot know with strangers this will happen or not before you invite and waste your time in the instance. Also after a bad pull and wipe healer immediately drops group. Nice...

Anyway we replaced healer and hunter and finished it, and tbh you're only loot-locked so you don't lose that much on either joining on last boss or being kicked in the mid for bad performance. But yeah, some people cba giving chances therefore in 2 weeks either no one will run those dungeons or pugs will ask more ilvl than what drops there and achievement... Sad but I'm sure it's gonna end like this.

Problem is for group of full 660s these dungeons are gonna be like Halls of Reflection heroic, pure nightmare. There are dps checks and ignoring mechanics hurts a lot, you need to dispel / interrupt like mad. Your average pug that won't move out of rain of fire etc. will not be able to complete it or at least not with the minimal ilvl required.
    Last edited by Marrilaife; 2015-06-25 at 02:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Unfortunately this kind of asshattery in pugs has been in the game longer than I've been playing. Nothing to do with Mythic dungeons.

- - - Updated - - -

Or maybe other people like things that you don't like.

Nah, that's impossible, must be mind control.
    Of course, my point was having Mythic Dungeons fall under the premade finder rather than dungeon finder just makes it blatantly more rampant.

Yes, 6.2 is crap, like you say in the title.

Rescaled dungeons, a new zone that is completely similar to 6.0 ones with minor adjustments, a new followers table that is very similar to the old one with minor adjustments again, and a new raid. Notice the pattern? Everything except the raid is copy and paste of previous content with small adjustments or just literally previous content with different numbers. No wonder this "content" feels lackluster, you did all of it already.

"One of the biggest patches ever", yeah, totally.

And it took them 8 months to release this pile of crap, with a short break to issue 6.1 that isn't worthy of being called a patch.
    Last edited by rda; 2015-06-25 at 11:13 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    Welcome to the meritocracy of blizzards great group finder.
    Check out the story of Meritocracy of Github. Elightening and with actual ramifications for Blizzard and the games they make.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    The circlejerk is real!

What on earth do people expect on a patch?
    Look at 5.2. Or at 3.2, etc.

6.2 *is* crap - short on content / uncreative / boring, no matter how many hip words like the "circlejerk" you use.

Want to bet that Q3 is going to see another big loss of subs? Like 1+ mil at least. (Q2 is already over, and, yes, it will very likely show a loss as well.) Ah, right, they will say that this is expected, too, that it's "cyclical". Except the main reason for this loss is before us, it's on the live realms.
    Last edited by rda; 2015-06-25 at 11:22 AM.

6.2 is simply terrible :/ as soon as i get my AoTC in few weeks im out for good till next expansion - at this point WoD is beyond saving :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    Mythic Dungeons being like that has nothing to do with Blizzard and just how bad the gaming community has gotten. It isn't just WoW. And it isn't just Blizzard games.

They have also stated plenty that 6.2 may not be the final patch. I assume it depends on how far along with the expansion they are. The Climax for the patch and this whole expansion is in the raid. And you've yet to experience it so you cannot possibly claim the expansion is anti-climatic.
    This. The bolded part. So much this.

I really don't know where the crazy is going to stop, or when people will start tempering their behavior even just a little bit. People have forgotten how to communicate in any sort of polite and respectful way. LoL's dev team spent time building a system to automatically detect trolls and insta-ban them (instead of developing content, this was considered more important than whatever content they could have been building instead). HoTS's dev team - before they game even went live, or right as it did - had to put in the ability for players to blanket DISABLE chat in their game because the verbal violence was chasing customers away.

Toxic somehow seems like too nice a word.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveRocks View Post
    So you and your wife had a bad experience with toxic players and you're blaming the game developers for this? Nice logic!

I've had some terrible experiences with elitist or just plain rude players, but I know it's not Blizzard's fault. If they made Mythic dungeons part of the LFD tool, can you imagine how terrible that would be? All the bad players queing up just because they can, looking for a carry and loot without knowing their class, or the dungeon mechanics, or going AFK etc etc. At least if you have to sign up for these things there can be a little more control of that.
    Kind of... and no at the same time?

I'm not saying Blizzard created the toxicity, it's always been there as you said. What I'm saying is Blizzard is enabling it further I guess you could say. Premade Finder (even during Oqueue before WoW had its own Premade Finder) was rampant with toxicity. It's a breeding ground for it because sadly Premade Finder seems to give people the illusion they're entitled to be total douches to people for little to no reason.

Would having it on the Dungeon Finder fix this? partially yes. It stops people nit picking for a start, given how Mythic Dungeons are structured anyway there is literally no reason not to have them as part of a Dungeon Finder, not exactly hard for Blizzard to add a solid ilevel cap to it before you can queue up to prevent freshly dinged 100's from riding the gravy train, you can still queue up with Premades through the Dungeon Finder, you can even still create Premades via the Premade Finder for Dungeon Finder, its just a poor design decision.

Thankfully as said early we got some guildies together and ran my wife through some Mythics, not everyone is going to have guildies to turn to however and it'll slap them in the face pretty hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    You can always replace them. Anyway I made my own group for skyreach mythic, I got tons of apps from dpsers but only plate melees and hunters (awesome balancing from blizzard side, I generally see it everywhere these specs are the most popular), I thought 3 melees is too much, I pick a hunter, he keeps putting aspect of the pack when I pull, barrage extra packs and we wipe, do dps below the tank, etc. So we had to kick him. Sadly you cannot know with strangers this will happen or not before you invite and waste your time in the instance. Also after a bad pull and wipe healer immediately drops group. Nice...

Anyway we replaced healer and hunter and finished it, and tbh you're only loot-locked so you don't lose that much on either joining on last boss or being kicked in the mid for bad performance. But yeah, some people cba giving chances therefore in 2 weeks either no one will run those dungeons or pugs will ask more ilvl than what drops there and achievement... Sad but I'm sure it's gonna end like this.

Problem is for group of full 660s these dungeons are gonna be like Halls of Reflection heroic, pure nightmare. There are dps checks and ignoring mechanics hurts a lot, you need to dispel / interrupt like mad. Your average pug that won't move out of rain of fire etc. will not be able to complete it or at least not with the minimal ilvl required.
    I think it's worse to take someone and kick/replace them than to not bring them at all. If you're kicking someone mid group it's on personal grounds and not something indiscriminate like gear or achievements. No group leader wants to break that news to a player so the high requirements are part of the reason for avoiding that awkwardness.

Deleted
    The group finder works fine. Their group, their rules. The thing is: It works the other way around too. You can make a group of your own with your rules. Give it a try.

10+ Year Old Account
    Patch is so-so.

New raid is kickass, did most of Normal and some Heroic yesterday with a guild. Tanaan itself is looking great, but you run out of quests in less than an hour and then you are on your own trying to look for stuff and such, which is pretty meh. Also there is no real zone quest like in other zones we had while leveling, which is a shame honestly, as I liked those zone stories.

Shipyard is basically reskinned garrison missions with a few improvements, pretty meh.

Did not try Mythic dungeons yet, but I hear they are quite fun. Looking forward to Timewalking too, plenty of great old dungeons worth of revisiting.

Overall I'd say that unless you are raiding, there isn't all that much to do in patch 6.2 really, there are couple of nice touches such as Timewalking and Mythic dungs, but that's it.

So my score:
    Non-raider - 2/5
    Raider - 4.5/5

Deleted
    This patch would be OK if it would be a medium patch mid-expansion made in 2-3 months maximum. Problem is that they took 8 months to make this and it's suposed to be the "largest content patch yet" and nearly at the end of the xpansion.

Honestly i just roll my eyes everytime i see a boss that was previously already seen or shares the model with another one (or very similar). It's just ridiculous the amount of times blizzard is now re-using older assets/art, change it somewhat mechanicaly and put a label on it as "new content". Are they being constricted that much by the art and assets team? idk...

They have nearly gaven up on the story progression and lore. I find this so absurd i don't even have words. Warcraft Lore and storytelling is just one of the best things every created and in wow they just waste this amount of potential, it almoust seems deliberate they don't want to make the game story to advance in the game?

What this game needs is being MUCH more story progression in-game. Stop wasting time going into the past and make the story go forward with Lore-heavy content. This is what warcraft fans want. STORY advancement. People care about the lore, the characters, going forward and be part of history-making of one of the best story franchises ever created.

If next expansion is not about the Legion invasions i honestly don't care about it. After pandas and timetravels i'm just tired of going-around-the-bush and avoiding going forward in story. Stop the whole "gameplay first" mentality. Gameplay is fine for years now, what you need is to inovate in the storytelling part.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinousek View Post
    Choloz and Tart - brush up on your reading skills, or morelikely, your lack of effort to try and read and understand what the OP is saying. IT's almost as if you just wanted to jump in and attack him.

He clearly states that "I took my alt (who is ilvl 672) and started to look for a premade group, I got an invite immediately and the group demanded I link the achievement for the mythic dungeon". They were demanding an achievement for the content he was lfg for..... Which is preposterous.

No reasonable player demands people have gear/achieves from content currently being challenged.
    Where you been like the last what? 5 years? ppl been asking for achivement for current regurdless of themselfs possessing these achivement in question, hell been in groups for highmaul for example where somene had achivement but died on almost all bosses. In short even having achivements dosent mean you can fulfill the role you are supose to either.

Sometimes I wonder where these ppl on 1st/2nd or hell imo 3rd week of a patch are demanding achivements already its like you should have exp for something you can only do by being given a chance to go in and do it by that point. I can undersatand that ppl do not want to take chances months into a patch where alot more ppl have had ample time to actually go and do the content in question so there for there being a big pool of ppl to draw from. This sort of attitude in general apart from what blizzad actually puts out makes comming back to the game for anyone who takes a break/quitts alot more tedious than it should need to be.

As someone else also said mythic dungeon top tire content lol? hell even in terms of dungeons CMs are harder than mythic dungeons are seeing as you can not outgear them.

I think mythic dungeons group finder is better then raid PuG finder in the sense that it should really be no problem to start your own grp without demanding mythic achis

there is nothing to lead in WoD 5-mans that most know by heart right now

make a grp, set an ilvl (665 ? 670 ? 675 ?) and wait for it to fill, then go .. I dont really see a RL pressure in that

though its probably easier if you are the tank or healer instead of DPS

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by knightpt View Post
    This patch would be OK if it would be a medium patch mid-expansion made in 2-3 months maximum. Problem is that they took 8 months to make this and it's suposed to be the "largest content patch yet" and nearly at the end of the xpansion.

Honestly i just roll my eyes everytime i see a boss that was previously already seen or shares the model with another one (or very similar). It's just ridiculous the amount of times blizzard is now re-using older assets/art, change it somewhat mechanicaly and put a label on it as "new content". Are they being constricted that much by the art and assets team? idk...

They have nearly gaven up on the story progression and lore. I find this so absurd i don't even have words. Warcraft Lore and storytelling is just one of the best things every created and in wow they just waste this amount of potential, it almoust seems deliberate they don't want to make the game story to advance in the game?

What this game needs is being MUCH more story progression in-game. Stop wasting time going into the past and make the story go forward with Lore-heavy content. This is what warcraft fans want. STORY advancement. People care about the lore, the characters, going forward and be part of history-making of one of the best story franchises ever created.

If next expansion is not about the Legion invasions i honestly don't care about it. After pandas and timetravels i'm just tired of going-around-the-bush and avoiding going forward in story. Stop the whole "gameplay first" mentality. Gameplay is fine for years now, what you need is to inovate in the storytelling part.
    The bolded is a huge problem with and for them right now, and I don't mean the content of what you said. I mean the expectations. They keep messing around and giving mixed information - how big is WoD? How many patches will there be? How many raid tiers will there be? I don't recall this amount of indecision on their parts during any past expansion - everyone pretty much knew that MoP would go through 5.4, etc. Nobody was confused about this.

It actually kind of floors me that they would lead people to such confusion that they might assume any x.2 patch is the final patch of an expansion pack. Because clearly they haven't decided themselves, yet. The mixed messaging from them is really terrible though.

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    Why do you people play a game you complain about all the time?
    It's called disappointment from the good times nostalgia.

WoW is 10 years old. It slowly built a legacy of memories, buddies, main character development, exploration, struggle to victories ... it built a world.
    You can't *simply* close the door of a room you used to happily live in.

Quote Originally Posted by goblingirl View Post
    The bolded is a huge problem with and for them right now, and I don't mean the content of what you said. I mean the expectations. They keep messing around and giving mixed information - how big is WoD? How many patches will there be? How many raid tiers will there be? I don't recall this amount of indecision on their parts during any past expansion - everyone pretty much knew that MoP would go through 5.4, etc. Nobody was confused about this.

It actually kind of floors me that they would lead people to such confusion that they might assume any x.2 patch is the final patch of an expansion pack. Because clearly they haven't decided themselves, yet. The mixed messaging from them is really terrible though.
    There is no indecision at Blizzard, they know how many raid tiers and how many patches there will be, they have simply not been forthcoming with the information.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    There is no indecision at Blizzard, they know how many raid tiers and how many patches there will be, they have simply not been forthcoming with the information.
    Of course there is indecision. There will be flying, there wont be flying, now there will. Balancing issues, were doing this, oops nope were gonna do this instead. The Devs are running around like chickens with their heads cut off.