MWer in Mythic Dungeons

Hey guys,

I am rolling at around 688 iLevel, ran my first mythic last night. It was very difficult to keep the group up, we did auchindoon and the third boss destroyed us. I had trouble keeping a tank and whomever got the Lava Lash dot. It probably didn't help that tanks didn't kite when they got the 100% physical damage debuff. And most DPS seem to have lost their interrupt buttons.

Is this a MWer problem? Or an overall healing problem with people not being careful in Mythic Dungeons? I am pretty sure I was putting out 30 to 35k HPS with Soothing Myst and Envelopping since Uplift wasn't cutting it.

Some bosses, I even found myself running out of mana if it wasn't for the 15 stacks of Mana Tea I had to start the fight. Mythic Dungeons really felt like a harder version of proving grounds.

I guess I want to hear from other MWers about Mythic Dungeons.

We don't have the best 5 man healing, but I think we are in a fine place in terms of Mythic dungeons. I did one last night with my guild at ilvl 675ish and I felt fine on mana and keeping everyone up unless we forgot mechanics an that trash hurts if you mess up a bit.

Your healing numbers look like what I had. I would also make sure you are RJW if you can as that just has so much healing potential in Mythic dungeons. And if you haven't, spec into chi brew. that instant 2 chi and the mana tea stacks are life savers in Mythic dungeons from my experience.

I had trouble using RJW because the group was always so spread out. I would never get the three players with it, especially for Azzarael.

I did make the mistake of not using it in Slag, so that probably hurt us.

I have run all the mythic dungeons as mistweaver. The hardest time I had of it was when people didn't pay attention to mechanics, or especially when multiple people didn't. Your tank needs to use cooldowns too, some tanks forget that in a dungeon since it is usually faceroll after a certain ilvl. Gear is a factor too, my group was avg 685 (kinda high, so that played a part), any group in the 670's would probably struggle in mythic dungeons but would do well if they accommodated mechanics.

So much depends on your group, not just you. If you are expected to keep people up that don't move out of things, don't use cooldowns, don't practice surviving, don't cc/interupt and hop into mythic thinking its just another faceroll, you'll have a hard time no matter what healer you are.
    Last edited by vicour; 2015-06-25 at 01:33 PM.

I have this issue as well, MW is more suited for to compliment a big raid size with their ability to uplift everyone. I switched from Rushing Jade Wind to Chi Explosion because Chi Ex will do aoe healing more viable than using your uplift on 2 or 3 damaged targets, since uplifts healing is really only worth it when using it on 6+ injured targets.

I think monks are just, in general, really shitty for healing outside of raid. Most of our heals are aoe, and if they're not then they're expensive. If you're running out of mana, get chi torpedo instead of RJW. It's better if they're spread, anyway. Also chi wave probably will work better than chi burst.

Get your T18 4 set bonus. You won't have any problems after that.

As long as people are doing what the need to do (not standing in stuff) you should be okay. I did one the other day on my monk and it was hard to keep up with everyone but once they left and got more aware players in we did fine. Chi burst and chi torpedo are great for mythic dungeons because they're free casts and really powerful heals also.

Deleted
    Welcome to monk, shit at small group healing since 2012