HFC trash auto personal loot?

From running HFC norm, I have noticed that even with the loot set to Master Looter, trash BoEs were never master lootable. It seemed that someone just opened it and auto looted it. Anyone know if this is intentional or not? I would assume it was a bug that allowed the first person who saw it to pick it up. But then, I have also noticed that for the couple of BoEs that dropped, whoever looted the BoE always got one that was for their armor type (i.e. warlock looted cloth boots, shaman looted mail belt, paladin looted plate boots). I never heard anything about this from Blizzard and haven't heard anyone talking about it on mmo-champ or WoW official forums. Did Blizzard make all BoEs into personal loot because of the prevalence of ninja-ing by raid leaders or what?

Not sure if it's intentional or not, but it's been reported on the bug report forums: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/18193984601

15+ Year Old Account
    I had it happen last night on some mail boots. I'm pretty sure it's a bug.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Regia View Post
    Did Blizzard make all BoEs into personal loot because of the prevalence of ninja-ing by raid leaders or what?
    That would actually be a good change.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    That would actually be a good change.
    How could this be a good change? BoEs can drop from bosses as well, unless that has been changed?

I'm sick of people starting groups by themselves and then saying BoEs all reserved when they aren't even carrying so I hope this sticks.

Good for retard pugs, not good for people farming.
    Obviously you can just ask your membership to give them to the bank but its really stupid that this needs to be done at all.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

BOEs on reserve, BOEs on reserve, BOEs on reserve. This is a great change and I hope it isn't just a bug. Half of the group finder raids have leaders reserving BoE drops for themselves which was pretty cancerous, hopefully this stops that.

It shouldn't be forced on guild runs. My guild brought 19/20 people to and pugged 1 and of course the pug picked up the BoE, when they were intended to go to the guild to fund repairs and such and our guild is currently broke as is. Pug did not even need the BoE for MS upgrade, they just got to sell it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Regia View Post
    It shouldn't be forced on guild runs. My guild brought 19/20 people to and pugged 1 and of course the pug picked up the BoE, when they were intended to go to the guild to fund repairs and such and our guild is currently broke as is. Pug did not even need the BoE for MS upgrade, they just got to sell it.
    Its not just free for all whoever picks it up, the game obviously decided the pug deserved it. Besides I would hope you give boe's to members who need the upgrades rather than selling them.

I'd love to know if it's a bug or not as we were using unneeded BoEs to pay for guild repairs.

Quote Originally Posted by Virond View Post
    I'd love to know if it's a bug or not as we were using unneeded BoEs to pay for guild repairs.
    It is not a bug and it doesn't prevent you from still doing that.

It's probably to prevent pug trash farmers from reserving shit/ninja looting etc. In any organized guild this won't matter at all.

not a bug: https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs/sta...54186272313344

Dear @WarcraftDevs are BoE's in Heroic full guild group supposed to be personal loot? We can't Masterloot them.

Hellfire Citadel trash is Personal only; condolences to PUG leaders who hoped to reserve BoEs.