Need a bit of DW Frost help

I just have a couple questions to kinda min/max I suppose. Would appreciate some feedback. Thanks!

-How many adds need to be up before switching to HB spam?
    -Is it worth waiting 2-3 secs for runes to refresh on a Killing Machine proc for it to be used on a Frost Strike?
    -Ballpark, long do adds need to be alive before it's worth throwing Blood Plague and Blood Boiling to spread rather than just flat out HB spam?
    -Should you obliterate when both Unholy runes are up or can I even if it's just one?

AE Mode
    Switch to AE mode at 3 or more targets.

Note that AE mode isn't necessarily "HB spam". With Obliterate buffs in 6.2, it's a ~1% gain to Obliterate with 2 Unholy runes active and 3 targets. This small advantage drops as the number of targets increases. Whether you care about that very small difference is up to you. You did say you were interested in min/max!

DW T18H 3 targets: 106.8k
    DW T18H 3 targets skipping Obliterate spending Unholy runes on Defile/Plague Strike: 105.8k
    DW T18H 10 targets: 239.2k
    DW T18H 10 targets skipping Obliterate spending Unholy runes on Defile/Plague Strike: 240.7k
    Waiting on KM
    Don't do that. People who say otherwise (and there will be some) are giving poor advice for the vast majority of the audience. It is technically a small gain, but most people won't see it, particularly with DW as you swing very quickly.

Blood Boil as DW
    The stock simcraft profile does use Blood Boil to spread Blood Plague every 28 seconds. This sims as a tiny 0.2% DPS increase, so I wouldn't bother. You get that keybind back. This assumes the targets live for the full 30s duration also, but it basically holds true at lower fight lengths and with many more targets too.

DW T18H 3 targets: 106.8k
    DW T18H 3 targets skipping Blood Boil: 106.6k

DW T18H 3 targets 20s fight length: 159.4k
    DW T18H 3 targets skipping Blood Boil 20s fight length: 160.9k

DW T18H 3 targets 15s fight length: 169.2k
    DW T18H 3 targets skipping Blood Boil 15s fight length: 170.1k

DW T18H 10 targets: 369.9k
    DW T18H 10 targets skipping Blood Boil: 369.8k
    When to Obliterate?
    Basically, Obliterate on 1 or more Unholy runes. I was able to eke out a tiny bit more DPS Obliterating on >1.3 Unholy runes (so 1 rune fully available and one >30% complete refreshing) as this eliminates wasted regen time, but the difference was only 0.2%. And if you Obliterate on exactly 1.0 Unholy rune, hitting Obliterate the instant that rune is available, the DPS loss is only 0.4% which is totally not a big deal either. Moral to the story is as long as you never ever Obliterate without any Unholy runes ready, you're cool.

DW T18H 1 target Obliterate on 2 whole Unholy runes (the stock simcraft DW profile): 72.8k DPS
    DW T18H 1 target Obliterate on 1 or more whole Unholy runes: 72.5k DPS
    DW T18H 1 target Obliterate on >1.0 Unholy runes (including partials): 72.4k DPS
    DW T18H 1 target Obliterate on >1.3 Unholy runes (including partials): 73.0k DPS
    DW T18H 1 target Obliterate on >1.5 Unholy runes (including partials): 73.0k DPS
    DW T18H 1 target Obliterate on >1.6 Unholy runes (including partials): 73.0k DPS
    DW T18H 1 target Obliterate on >1.8 Unholy runes (including partials): 73.0k DPS
    DW T18H 1 target Obliterate on >1.9 Unholy runes (including partials): 73.0k DPS
    DW T18H 1 target Obliterate on 2.0 Unholy runes (including partials, not that it matters for this run): 72.8k DPS
    Hope this helps! This is my favorite part of each new patch, figuring out how it all works.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2015-06-24 at 08:40 PM.

I am glad schizoide confirmed the oblit usage. I found hitting a sweet spot around 30-40% recharge on the second unholy rune was perfect.

Sometimes when I go to exhaust 1 or 2 UH runes on obliterate, KM procs as I hit obliterate. Am I losing dps if this happens?

No, don't delay attacks for KM. And there's no way to avoid that anyway, as KM instantly and randomly procs off autoattacks and DW autoattacks very fast.