Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Mythbusters Hearthstone

Hi everyone.
    I love finding weird interactions between cards in Hearthstone. There's a lot of videos of it on Youtube. So I'll start this thread; I'll post a myth, the next person to reply confirms/debunks it, then posts his/her own myth, and the next person does the same.
    Here I go, as an example:

Myth: Ysera's dream cards cost get reduced if you also have Thaurissan on the board.

No. I tested it and, regardless of which one got played first, first you get your cards in hand discounted thanks to Thaurissan, then Ysera adds a dream card to your hand.
    (EDIT: I meant to say that the card doesn't get discounted the turn it's added to your hand. If you keep on it and still have it at the start of your next turn, Thaurissan will reduce its cost since it was already in your hand, while another, non-discounted Dream Cards goes to your hand. Thanks to Symphonic for pointing out. <3)

-Myth to confirm/debunk:

If you cast Conceal while controlling a Knife Juggler and then you play a minion, the Juggler loses stealth.

Enjoy!
    Last edited by Lord Pebbleton; 2015-06-24 at 11:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    Hi everyone.
    I love finding weird interactions between cards in Hearthstone. There's a lot of videos of it on Youtube. So I'll start this thread; I'll post a myth, the next person to reply confirms/debunks it, then posts his/her own myth, and the next person does the same.

Myth: Ysera's dream cards cost get reduced if you also have Thaurissan on the board.

No. I tested it and, regardless of which one got played first, first you get your cards in hand discounted thanks to Thaurissan, then Ysera adds a dream card to your hand.
    HOWEVER, a dream card WILL be reduced just like any other card if you don't play it on your next turn and thaurissan survived.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

15+ Year Old Account
    Hi everyone.

-Myth to confirm/debunk:

If you cast Conceal while controlling a Knife Juggler and then you play a minion, the Juggler loses stealth.

Enjoy!
    The Knife juggler will pop out of stealth, yes, as he has performed an attack with his proc. Same thing happens if you try and Spare Part stealth a Flamewaker - it goes stealth, then pings two damage and immediately de-stealths.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    The Knife juggler will pop out of stealth, yes, as he has performed an attack with his proc. Same thing happens if you try and Spare Part stealth a Flamewaker - it goes stealth, then pings two damage and immediately de-stealths.
    Yyooou should be proposing another unanswered myth now. This was the way to keep the thread going according to my nefarious plans.

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread needs more pseudoscience, unnecessary explosions and red head cleavage to truly be a Mythbusters thread.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    I'm just going to leave this here.

http://disguisedtoast.com/follow-da-rulez-1/

Have fun with this rules.
    Good grief, that's brain-bending
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

I'm just going to leave this here.

http://disguisedtoast.com/follow-da-rulez-1/

Have fun with this rules.
    I've played HS since beta and had no clue how to answer any of those except the Hunter trap one (because it used to fuck up my trap Hunter occasionally).
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's a scenario. You have argent commander and pyromancer on board. You reincarnate the commander. When it resummons does it have divine shield or does pyromancer hit it?

Quote Originally Posted by fengosa View Post
    Here's a scenario. You have argent commander and pyromancer on board. You reincarnate the commander. When it resummons does it have divine shield or does pyromancer hit it?
    Well, he starts with the divine shield, but then the spell finishes and activates pyromancers ability and deals 1 damage, which removes the divine shield.

How about this: If you have sword of justice with 1 charge left, and place onyxia down on your turn, who gets the +1/+1?
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Deleted

He has 5 more after this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    Well, he starts with the divine shield, but then the spell finishes and activates pyromancers ability and deals 1 damage, which removes the divine shield.

How about this: If you have sword of justice with 1 charge left, and place onyxia down on your turn, who gets the +1/+1?
    onyxia does because she is placed first and then the battlecry goes out to summon the whelps

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shammypie View Post
    onyxia does because she is placed first and then the battlecry goes out to summon the whelps
    One of the whelps should get the buff. Check out the DisguisedToast explanations, specifically regarding Dr. Boom. Some pretty eye-opening stuff in there.

Some of those hurt my head.

Though I did get the majority of them, I definitely didn't always have the right answer. I knew what the answer was but didn't know why (felt like 9th grade math over again; could figure it out but couldn't show my work )

Interesting! I was wrong about the Pyro/Knife Juggler scenario, probably because of my extensive playing of MtG and rules there, but I figured out the other ones.
    &nbsp;

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delrancho View Post
    One of the whelps should get the buff. Check out the DisguisedToast explanations, specifically regarding Dr. Boom. Some pretty eye-opening stuff in there.
    Isn't the Dr Boom scenario considered a bug even on Blizzard's part?

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I've played HS since beta and had no clue how to answer any of those except the Hunter trap one (because it used to fuck up my trap Hunter occasionally).
    I don't think anyone here is surprised by that.

Isn't the Dr Boom scenario considered a bug even on Blizzard's part?
    After looking over the answers, I would have to question who exactly came up with the order of events in HS design in the first place. If they designed things around LIFO (like actual real life card games) and had their own version of the stack, then things would work differently than they currently do (and probably in the right/better order).

Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post
    After looking over the answers, I would have to question who exactly came up with the order of events in HS design in the first place.
    Honestly sometimes I wonder if they program the order of events on a card-by-card basis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard should be obliged to publish a full specification of the rules so that we can calculate what will happen in all situations without having to guess. After all we pay for this crap, with real money in some cases.

Maybe they want to keep things close to their chest so that no one can clone their game or write an offline AI Hearthstone engine.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you Shadow Madness a Flamewalker you do deal the damage to the enemy hero. So fun.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Hi everyone.

(EDIT: I meant to say that the card doesn't get discounted the turn it's added to your hand. If you keep on it and still have it at the start of your next turn, Thaurissan will reduce its cost since it was already in your hand, while another, non-discounted Dream Cards goes to your hand. Thanks to Symphonic for pointing out. <3)
    I'm not convinced. In general, end of turn effects take place in the order in which the minions were played. So if Thaurissan was played first it would work as you say because the card wouldn't be drawn until the discount was applied. However, if Ysera was played first the draw would precede the discount. At least, that's how deathrattles work.

Edit: I just realized that you said, "regardless of which one got played first," so I guess I'm in the wrong. Still, that sounds like a bug to me.
    Last edited by Ronduwil; 2015-07-01 at 09:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by CandyCotton Marshmallows View Post
    People need to get over the gear color (and themselves). It doesn't matter, and it shouldn't matter what other players have either. Worry about your damn self. Live your life by that. If you want to concern yourself with someone else, then worry about HELPING them, not putting them down or making sure you stand out as better than them.
    Maybe the game would be better with more low DPS nice guys and fewer high DPS jerks? -- Ghostcrawler, Twitter, 6/29/13