How many pieces till you switch to T18 (resto).

It seems like it will be best to switch when we have four pieces for the bonus. The two bonus is underwhelming and even nerfed the four piece T17 still carries weight. Thoughts? Haven't seen anyone numbers crunched by people to create an argument for either one but it seems like keeping T17 till your can four piece 18 is a good idea.

It depends on item levels, but keep in mind that 4T17 got nerfed hard. Reduced effect and reduced duration, and all it actually did was conserve some mana. I think using 2T17 + 2T18 will be viable, considering the higher item levels. Especially if you're struggling more with throughput than mana, as is often the case when pushing into new content.

I haven't seen any good numbers, though, so that's all speculative hand waving. Just don't overestimate 4T17 - they nerfed it a lot specifically so that we wouldn't be stuck with it throughout all of HFC.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Yea I recognize the nerf it just seems more like 25 percent crit rate on riptide is extremely underwhelming. Does the crit apply to both the initial and hot?

I'll be changing pretty much as soon as I can get my hands on two pieces. Unfortunately, while strong for us, other classes have higher prio on tier pieces. However, for pure stats upgrades I'll be replacing t-17 ASAP. It's been nerfed to the groups and it's noticeable. Some of the pieces' stats are underwhelming too.
    Signature size violated forum rules.

Once I have two 715+ items with Mastery on them I'm equipping them and dropping 4set T17. Don't even care about the T18 set bonuses, it's just for higher Intellect at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by thugchains View Post
    Yea I recognize the nerf it just seems more like 25 percent crit rate on riptide is extremely underwhelming. Does the crit apply to both the initial and hot?
    Yes. It also applies to the Riptide from 4set T18.
    Last edited by Lothrik; 2015-06-25 at 02:16 PM.

After clearing Normal and a handful of Heroics they really did gut the 4p17. Its SUPER nice when it procs still but it doesn't proc often at all. 2 procs over a 6 min fight? Silly.

I'll be picking up Heroic t18 gear as soon as possible and holding on to a couple offpieces until then. Unless youre getting a decent ilevel increase, don't bother breaking the set though. Stupid Hunters taking my Kormrok shoulders... >.>
    Resto/Ele Shaman Main - Raider for Temerity of Windrunner[A] 13/13M
    Twitter- Twitch - Disc/Holy Priest Alt - MM/BM Hunter Alt
    Always reachable via Twitter for questions, so feel free to bug me.

Deleted
    Yeah, t17-4 got stomped. I will switch asap and rather switch something else for more regen. We will switch from the dps legendary to the healer legendary soon, so there is some more spirit on the radar.

Yeah I don't want to replace with normal, we are doing decently in heroic so it should not be to bad. Good luck on the shoulders! My group has an anti-protector drop thing against us. All vanq, all the time! WTB prot ><

i got heroic t18 chest and dropped four set immediately, the mastery/int gain out weighed the set bonus imo....because i had bad luck and still had heroic chest.

i think only on gorefiend did the proc ever proc when i needed ch spam.

I swapped to spirit neck and ring and im not having any mana issues on h archi.