Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Focus fire not increasing AP?

Neither my AP changes nor damage, is this skill bugged or a character sheet bug? Go test it on a dummy, when you press focus fire AP does not go up.

it increases pet ap not yours.
    Finbez
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological
    if only WoW had come out when I was a teenager. Back then online gaming consisted of text-based MUDs....I could type "kill orc" faster than any of my competition, brosephs, and played a mean giantman cleric.

I checked pet AP as well, it didnt budge when popping focus fire. Ive logged out turned off all addons and everything, when i press focus fire neither mine nor my pets attack power rises,

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    I checked pet AP as well, it didnt budge when popping focus fire. Ive logged out turned off all addons and everything, when i press focus fire neither mine nor my pets attack power rises,
    are you level 100? the AP is from improved focus fire which is a Draenor perk.

Quote Originally Posted by Beoren View Post
    are you level 100? the AP is from improved focus fire which is a Draenor perk.
    Yes...

Still bugged btw, no increase of AP on me or my pet, tested at varying levels of focus fire stacks does nothing no matter what.

Based on the performance of the BM hunters in my raid tonight, I'd believe this. Seems some similar reports are showing up across Twitter and Tumblr as well as here. Nothing confirmed, though, and haven't been able to check it myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    just tested my hunter on garrison dummies, and neither my pet and my attack power indeed didn't increase. I am almost sure my attack power would go up while FF is active. I paid attention to each of my attack hits too without other AP-modifying buffs like legendary ring, none of my attacks increased in power.

Deleted
    Yep, it's not working as intended...unless this one weird stealth nerf.

No procs, 5x frenzy: http://i.imgur.com/lLXmyAR.jpg

5 stack Focus Fire: http://i.imgur.com/VFOChTz.jpg

Great..

Quote Originally Posted by Finbezwaz View Post
    it increases pet ap not yours.
    No, it increases attack power. Where do you get this from?

- - - Updated - - -

Attack Power increases from Focus Fire do not apply to any pets. That's Stampede, main pet, Dire Beast and possibly Mirror Images from the trinket. This is a bug, naturally.

They really try to make MM only viable spec... and they succeeded.

This is confirmed as a bug, I was able to talk to someone at blizz yesterday (unless it's a crazy secret nerf that not even the QC folks know about).

- - - Updated - - -

Can someone link a log that shows the AP not applying to the hunter? I was unable to replicate that. May just be an issue with the character pane, so I'd be interested in seeing a log.

I just tested on a target dummy. On character sheet, damage stayed same on hunter. AP stayed same during FF. Only haste seemed to apply.

yeah, re-tested just now. This is bizarre, as in our resources (in advanced combat logging) it's showing an AP increase. But that increase is not affecting our abilities, which matches the non-changing AP you said you saw in the character pane.

I'm not allowed to post links, but if you can figure this out:
    warcraftlogs /reports/JypDW83n1hgrf4b9/#type=resources&pins=0%24Separate%24%23244F4B%24auras-gained%240%240.0.0.Any%240.0.0.Any%24true%240.0.0.Any%24false%2482692&spell=1001

In that log, which was wearing no gear asside from a 1-3 dmg white bow:

During Focus Fire:
    Arcane Shot avg - 1758.8
    Cobra Shot avg - 1054.7
    Auto Shot avg - 752.2

W/O Focus Fire:
    Arcane Shot avg - 1759
    Cobra Shot avg - 1054
    Auto Shot avg - 753

Would this have been reflected in the t18 sims?

Won't be with the current sims, but if you go into your local client you can just remove the functionality of Empowered Focus Fire and see how it changes things. Effin was talking to some folks in the IRC earlier, and it looks like they're going to add the bug, but I doubt you'll see it in a build until tomorrow, unless they push again today early for this.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    derp, that explains the shit dps i've been doing today lol
    i hope this is not one one those stealth nerfs like what they did with rain of fire in 5.4.
    Last edited by Archmage Alodi; 2015-06-25 at 06:29 PM.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

I also noticed a lack of focus regen as bm seemed to be focus starved a lot, never had this issue pre 6.2. Not sure if it's related to the focus fire bug maybe the haste component or regen from cobra/dire beast/bestial wrath?? All I know is something definitely feels off with foucs regen as bm.
    Last edited by denoz; 2015-06-25 at 07:13 PM.

Definitely bugged, I was wondering why my BM DPS was a lot lower than usual even on pure ST last night in HC HFC - checked again on dummy just now and the AP didn't change one bit.