10+ Year Old Account

Lightbulb How to Tame The Fel Wolf in Tanan Jungle

The challenge can either be done yourself or in a group, But its a fun one
    Australian Oceanic Multi Class Veteran of the Burning Crusade Wars!
    Twitter: @Romiretv
    Youtube: RomireTv
    Twitchy: My Twitch

10+ Year Old Account
    I havent done much of Tanan but is the wolf untamable or use interupts or something without the cleansing item?

Insightful... Thanks

Deleted
    The wolves are untameable until you use this item on them, you will also have a minute to tame it.

If you do this as a group you will only get 1 of the item drop so will have to kill it once for each hunter.

Did it last night and a very good just be careful of her heal ability and also other mobs around.

Even though you can do this in a group, I would suggest soloing it. Its more fun (I think) to do your own tames by yourself, given that its meant to be a test of sorts as to how well you know your class. The good thing about this pet is that you don't need to be BM to use it either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kavorka View Post
    Even though you can do this in a group, I would suggest soloing it. Its more fun (I think) to do your own tames by yourself, given that its meant to be a test of sorts as to how well you know your class. The good thing about this pet is that you don't need to be BM to use it either.
    This is true, but if your an impaitent hunter, getting a group usually solves a couple hours of frustration

Quote Originally Posted by Romire View Post
    This is true, but if your an impaitent hunter, getting a group usually solves a couple hours of frustration
    From pulling Anaara to going to find and tame a Fel Wolf took me about 20 mins solo...not sure where the couple of hours comes from? I would note that I read the how to tame guide at www.eyesofthebeast.com first...(this definitely helped me get it first try).

10+ Year Old Account
    Soloed it. The only problem I ever had was pulling other mobs like crabs and birds so I just made sure to clear the area before pulling her. The heal wasn't even a problem she only cast it a couple of times and they were all far apart enough for my interrupt to come off CD. I had my pet hold aggro all the time so I just flared around him when she stealthed. Otherwise cool rare.
    Black Lives Matter

Deleted
    I meet her in PTR
    Just was running around and saw a some elite mob who sits on middle of nowhere w/o quest mark
    The mob is easy to be killed solo by hunter
    You have to aware for 5 things here
    1st she cast sleep on your pet which last prety long time can be broken by isual skills havent tryed do can be dispelled with glyph of mend pet
    2nd her main ability is prety nasty AoE throwed under your legs which do 100k damage per second so you must avoid that
    3th She buf herself with 300% damage no need to say that you want to remove that buff asap
    4th She uses some like vanish stealth watch out when she get that stealth buff and flare asap its comes every 30-45 sec i think
    5 At around 30-40% she start to cast heal which if suceed will get her to 100%
    Over the AoE attack the mob itself hits me for aprox 14-15k every few seconds.Also can be slowed stunned and trapped
    And last dont go to far away from her original spot

Deleted
    The pet sleep can be removed by Bestial Wrath and Masters Call

Soloed it on live this Tuesday without much issue. Very possible to go in a group, but I highly recommend challenging yourself and practicing if you're finding it difficult- this is meant to be a hunter challenge, so work at it and earn a pet you can be proud of!

Tips/Strategy:

Clear the surrounding markura (the hostile mobs) so that they don't aggro during the fight.
    Pet tank her and keep Mend Pet up.
    When she casts Soothe Pet, use Master's Call or Bestial Wrath to break it. If you can't break it, kite with Concussive Shot, Binding Shot, etc.
    When she uses her Stealth ability and disappears, use Flare to reveal her.
    Use Tranquilizing Shot to dispel her buff as quickly as possible.
    When she casts her heal (the only interruptible spell she has), Counter Shot it.
    Throughout the fight, keep moving to dodge Fel Blossom.

I recommend running Spirit Bond.

The only "hard" part of this fight is killing everything around her so they don't get in the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Xerra View Post
    I havent done much of Tanan but is the wolf untamable or use interupts or something without the cleansing item?
    The wolves are classified as aberrations, not beasts and are therefore untamable. The cleansing potion temporarily reclassifies the mob as a beast, and I think pacifies it too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    The wolves are classified as aberrations, not beasts and are therefore untamable. The cleansing potion temporarily reclassifies the mob as a beast, and I think pacifies it too.
    It does indeed and leaves it open to attacks by other players, so be quick on that tame!