Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    9/10, not 10/10 because i'm unsubbed so i haven't seen tanaan (even if from what i read is just another of the thousands of fails they did) so i can't comment about that
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Here's the problem in a nutshell. About 6 months after Activision (a publicly traded company) took over Blizzard, the Blizz store popped up, the game started to evolve into something more casual friendly and decisions started to be made based on what's profitable as opposed to what's fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    So much feels! Looks like my opinion hit the nail on the head. The title of this thread is exactly what I was talking about. "Veteran WoW player, what is going wrong with the WoW dev team?" As if blizzard decided one day to just stop making money on the most successful MMO of all time to spite "you", and by "you" I mean everyone crying about something.

WoD went in a certain direction. Centered around the garrison, less daily's, more TI content and no flying. Focused on raiding like wow always has as well. If you don't like the way they went that's 100% okay but to listen to the crying over and over gets old. I mean shit take GC for an example. The guy was enemy number one for how long? And now that he is gone people want him back. That's the kind of shit I'm talking about.

- - - Updated - - -

See example above^
    I don't exactly understand what specific points you're trying to refute, if any. So you're just casting my thread into a category of others, deciding to bump it, and adding nothing to the discussion? Thanks, I guess. We all know WoW is a business.

I also never had a problem with Greg Street. I thought he was a passionate and well spoken CM and have the track record to prove how I felt about him--if you care that much.

Look I rarely post but one thing I do a lot of is reading these forums. Over five years I've spent reading these boards, every day I check up on the mood of the community in various places. MMOC is a challenging environment, granted, but a worthwhile one.

Ten years ago I probably would have made this post on the official forums (actually I did post there, quite often)--there's no reason to do that anymore.

I understand there's a lot of a complaint threads on MMOC (and the sky is blue) but I tried by best to add some original points and a certain degree of articulation without sounding like a caustic ass and encourage discussion and constructive criticism of my own thoughts.

I've even edited my OP several times in response to criticisms made by various users. I love and care about this game and it's community.

That being said, if you have something useful to add aside from your frustration with me please, by all means, do. I'd love to hear it.
    Last edited by Axaron; 2015-06-25 at 09:40 PM.
    "Today and forever I am your better, Arthas." - Illidan Stormrage

I agree with basically everything in the OP.

I have lost faith in blizzard, basically they do not know or care how to make the content fun anymore.

At least raiding is good. I have a passion for raiding and I won't let my team down by leaving, but if it wasn't for that, there's no way I'd still be subbed.

7+ Year Old Account
    I wrote this piece a few weeks ago with my two-cents

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...For-Compromise

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    They said that the reason 5.4 was out forever was that they effectively DOUBLED their dev team for WoD and it took some time to 'work out the kinks' with the added teams, yet WoD seems to have the least amount of valuable content (and an astonishing about of cut content) when compared to every other expansion in WoW's history..

I'm actually quite surprised that this has gone largely forgotten by these forums.
    I have pointed this fact out on these forums in the past and have been shut down by replies. I do mention the increased Dev size (to no apparent consequence to the game's content) in the final paragraph.
    Last edited by 3intrah; 2015-06-25 at 11:21 PM.