Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    They don't bother me at all, they're fast and often there's room for keeping track of the interesting rare mobs whilst doing them.

My only dilemma with Tanaan is that I really cba chasing the interesting rares until I have flying, but I have to spend time in the zone and see how many times I miss out on said rares in order to GET flying.

Seriously, "XXXXX is up LFM!" and 30 seconds later the rare has died whilst you are derping away on a flight path. I hate it. Hated it for TI, hate it now. The feeling of losing out on spawns is not one I associate with fun gameplay.
    Don't worry. Chances are when you see the Yell, you wouldn't even be in the correct phase/CRZ to tag them.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    They don't bother me at all, they're fast and often there's room for keeping track of the interesting rare mobs whilst doing them.

My only dilemma with Tanaan is that I really cba chasing the interesting rares until I have flying, but I have to spend time in the zone and see how many times I miss out on said rares in order to GET flying.

Seriously, "XXXXX is up LFM!" and 30 seconds later the rare has died whilst you are derping away on a flight path. I hate it. Hated it for TI, hate it now. The feeling of losing out on spawns is not one I associate with fun gameplay.
    Theres an item you can buy that teleports you to a random rare spawn. Though I think you have to be honored or revered to buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Iflash View Post
    You don't always get the 1k one, you would get 2 regular ones as well.

What context am I taking it out of anyway? I said it had an RNG element to it, as it's not a perfect indicator, but it's certainly something that points us in that direction. Add to that the lack of groups for Apexis Daillies, and you can paint a picture. Are you really arguing that most people did like them, and that they have been doing them? Really?

(I don't think you can say "quit doing X" when this is the first time I've used the data)
    In what vein did I say that they like them? I was stating using the achievement Securing Draenor is skewed due to the favoring of rushing to the Quarry when it is available - like it typically is - for the groups that zerg everything down and get it done quick, fast, and in a hurry. And just because it's the first time you've used the data, doesn't mean I can't tell you to stop skewing it, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhymor View Post
    In what vein did I say that they like them? I was stating using the achievement Securing Draenor is skewed due to the favoring of rushing to the Quarry when it is available - like it typically is - for the groups that zerg everything down and get it done quick, fast, and in a hurry. And just because it's the first time you've used the data, doesn't mean I can't tell you to stop skewing it, lol.
    Ok, sorry, I assumed you were arguing the opposite. I mantain that while it is skewed, it does point in that direction.

Yeah, you can, but that's the usual use of "Quit doing X", as it implies it's done recurrently.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    I am of the mind that Apexis areas are pretty cool. You go in, and you just kill things, and complete mini-objectives until you are done. All in all, you have to do, more or less, the exact SAME amount of stuff as you did in EVERY daily hub ever since dailies came out. The "apexis" dailies simply give you a bit more freedom in how you complete it - Rather then being forced to kill 20 of x, collect 10 of Y, and destroy 6 of Z, you can, say, only kill 40 of X, or only collect 20 of Y, or destroy only 15 of Z and be done. Same amount of time invested as previous daily hubs, just more freedom to do it.

However, Apexis Shards themselves are fairly weak as rewards go. With MoP, at the very least, you could get valor/lesser charms for doing the dailies, which could then be spent on bonus rolls (Although Apexis can also be spent on bonus rolls), or on gear equivalent to heroic(normal back then, at least before 5.4). Apexis gear is currently significantly behind normal, being, what, 695? for 30k apexis?
    Umm, no, the Apexis Gear is the same as where normal starts (695). Normal spreads from 695-705. And there are Apexis pieces for ecery slot including trinkets, which could previously be a huge pain in the ass. And they can roll perfectly itemized. Total cost if you just straight up buy them is 25000, but realistically is more like the 20k (the cost of the upgrade) since the tokens drop like rain.

The Apexis rewards are very solid for the 'average' WoW-er, giving Normal-quality gear with no raiding required. add Kazaak (705 for four or five slots), and Mythic Dungeons dropping 700 on the last boss... non raiders, like me, have a pretty acceptable path to decent gear without raiding.

LFR is even more pointless than ever, though, since the Apexis gear is far better and just as easy to acquire.

Quote Originally Posted by Mgann-Morzz View Post
    MoP was the players hating on a great expansion full of varied content because they were children who's masculinity was threatened by bright colors and pandas.
    You saw a great expansion where I saw a steaming pile of dung.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    They're not making you do anything. You can pace yourself, since flying won't be in until Dec range.
    Citation please.