Anyone else think Hellfire High Council is a joke?

Compared to Maidens, this fight was laughable easy on heroic. Maybe it changes on mythic, but I almost fall asleep during the fight.

Deleted
    How can you compare them, they are completely different.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lanana View Post
    How can you compare them, they are completely different.
    But they're a council fight. That must mean they're exactly the same!
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

I agree, very easy fight.

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    Compared to Maidens, this fight was laughable easy on heroic. Maybe it changes on mythic, but I almost fall asleep during the fight.
    I wish it worked like Maidens in that you wanted all 3 of them to hit 30% at roughly the same time. Might actually make the fight something other than a long trash pull.

Deleted
    Maidens was intended to be one of the last bosses you kill. So of course it would be harder.

Hellfire council is intended to be one of the first bosses you kill. Bosses that drop the lower ilvl gear than are supposed to be the easier ones.

Deleted
    Like the first six bosses? Iron maidens was supposed to be the most difficult before Blackhand so if you want to compare, compare them against Mannoroth

Blizzard just can't win. Make hard bosses people moan, undertune them a bit and people moan.

It's also the 4th boss in an instance, not 8 or 9 like Maidens was *logic*

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Easiest console fight so far. debuffs could cause a problem if you have low dps , other than that there's nothing hard in this fight.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Blizzard just can't win. Make hard bosses people moan, undertune them a bit and people moan.

It's also the 4th boss in an instance, not 8 or 9 like Maidens was *logic*
    who's complaining?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by seijulala View Post
    Like the first six bosses? Iron maidens was supposed to be the most difficult before Blackhand so if you want to compare, compare them against Mannoroth
    im sure mythic will be way different but

Heroic maidens had around 20 worldwide kills by the end of Feb 4 (Was released Feb 3),
    Heroic furnace had around 120.
    Mannaroth has 8 atm ( 2 days after released).

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Real homie View Post
    im sure mythic will be way different but

Heroic maidens had around 20 worldwide kills by the end of Feb 4 (Was released Feb 3),
    Heroic furnace had around 120.
    Mannaroth has 8 atm ( 2 days after released).
    BRF also had 3 less bosses, so...?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    BRF also had 3 less bosses, so...?
    Trying to use basic math? If so 30% more bosses doesn't translate to over 50% less amount of kills.

boss isn't overtuned, got him to 30ish% with 45 min worth of attempts but feels harder than any heroic boss in brf save blackhand.

Quote Originally Posted by galaxyquest View Post
    who's complaining?
    The OP, l2r

10+ Year Old Account
    Mannoroth was, in turns of difficulty, a decent fight before end boss with maidens compared with blackhand. Although I think mannoroth is harder than maidens by a long shot not only because it is a relatively long and repetitive fight but sub 40% if you have no specific strat for the raid to follow you will most likely wipe whereas on maidens you could yolo the last 30% with a lust and not standing by turrets.

That's a tad off topic though. Not all council fights have to be hard. Troll council in ToT wasn't really hard at all and that was the third boss.

It wasn't terribly difficult, but it seemed appropriate for it's location in the instance.

It has a couple of interesting moving parts, an interesting debuff mechanic, and requires a reasonable strategy and approach to kill it. It's reasonably forgiving on mistakes, but I don't think it was easier than Hellfire Assault or Reaver, perhaps about the same.

So I don't think it was a joke. It was pretty good for it's purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    The OP, l2r
    Learn to realize that there are 6 million people playing WoW and the same people complaining about it being too hard are not the same people complaining it is too easy. Different people have different tastes?! OMG, more news at 11! Also, stop being a dick.

Signature Created by Jassinta