Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Trion Worlds tease a possible new game

A mysterious tweet was sent out by Trion Worlds, developers of Rift, Defiance, Trove and Publisher for ArcheAge possibly teasing us a new game

The link is to this site:

http://devilinsideyou.com/en/

The rumours are strong that it may be the announcement that Trion will be the EU/NA Publisher for this game, Lost ark Online, it's only a rumour

Hmm, colour me intrigued. I like the look of that video, would definitely be up for playing that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh god please no...trion may be decent as running rift but they sucked at managing archage.

The Trion shine is gone for me after Defiance/ArcheAge/End of Nations/Red Door/Glyph. I'll decide whether I give a shit or not when they announce something.

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    The rumours are strong that it may be the announcement that Trion will be the EU/NA Publisher for this game, Lost ark Online, it's only a rumour
    Part of me wants that to be true because I think Lost Ark looks fantastic, but another part of me wants any other fucking publisher (except Aeria/PWE) to publish it after the colossal shitshow that ArcheAge was.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Part of me wants that to be true because I think Lost Ark looks fantastic, but another part of me wants any other fucking publisher (except Aeria/PWE) to publish it after the colossal shitshow that ArcheAge was.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I hear that lost ark is korean, so having a shit publisher kind of goes hand in hand with most of the games from that region.

nexon shout out.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I hear that lost ark is korean, so having a shit publisher kind of goes hand in hand with most of the games from that region.

nexon shout out.
    I'm aware of that. But I'd rather they go with another NA publisher than Trion, based off of their performance (or lack thereof) with ArcheAge.

And thanks for the reminder. NO FUCKING NEXON EITHER!

At least you're not in Sanctuary, anymore! will be the tag line.

I would guess Devilian Online based on their hint, since each character has a "devil" themed transformation.

please trion... just stop

you ruin everything now
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Not super confident in another Trion published game.

I had so much hope for Trion, but during the early days of Rift they showed they couldn't balance a brick laying on the floor.
    I'm the root of all that is evil, yeah, but you can call me cookie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do some of you also post on Massively Overpowered by chance? same "logic" deductions

Let me type it out for you, Trion Worlds just publish ArcheAge, they have nothing to do with making the game, adding content, all that is done by XL Games and any change that needs to be done for the NA/EU market has to go through them, no ifs or buts about it

Anyhow you can all relax, seems it's not Lost Ark Online after all, the 'speculation' arose from somebody asking Steparu was it Lost Ark Online and the rather vague reply lead to the rumours starting:

But it seems the Company that will be publishing Lost Ark Online will be SG Interactive so you're safe, big bad Trion wouldn't be infesting your game time. I know a few of you seem to be playing every single game that get's posted about in here

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SG_Interactive

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Let me type it out for you, Trion Worlds just publish ArcheAge, they have nothing to do with making the game, adding content, all that is done by XL Games and any change that needs to be done for the NA/EU market has to go through them, no ifs or buts about it
    They do have to do with flat out lie about the patron reward (reduced price in the cash shop compared to bonus cash shop currency on purchases). They do have to do with horrible localization with many regards in not getting things like spam filters in place etc.

There was plenty outside of the game itself that they had partial or complete control over that was screwed up in a major way. Some of the blame rests on XL Games, for sure, but by and large it rests on Trion. They tried to pass the buck to XL at every turn but that's some weak ass bullshit.

Trion deserves the lumps they got for ArcheAge.

10+ Year Old Account

Trion deserves the lumps they got for ArcheAge.
    So extrapolating your logic forward then Rift should be the exact same as ArcheAge, major issues, spam filters not in place, hackers and bots everywhere, i mean you're saying that Trion are blaming XL Games too much which means they mismanage all their games just like they do with ArcheAge.

**edit**

Back on Topic, some clever detective work by Rift poster Jonus in this Thread

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...nside-you.html

points to it been a Korean game called Devilian based on the similar screen shots

Last edited by Slipmat; 2015-06-26 at 07:17 AM. Reason: more speculation added

TRION did everything right with Rift, until the dungeon nerf. And everything after that has been one horrible shitstorm

Deleted
    The Trion shine is gone for me after Defiance/ArcheAge/End of Nations/Red Door/Glyph. I'll decide whether I give a shit or not when they announce something.
    bbbb but they have the most grandiose claims! Below being one of them, Defiance had some of the best as well!

10+ Year Old Account
    Eww Trion.

Quote Originally Posted by vexy View Post
    bbbb but they have the most grandiose claims! Below being one of them, Defiance had some of the best as well!
    Eh, I liked that bit. Thought it was a silly jab. Don't get why everyone still takes it so seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now is this the same game that ripped off Reaper of Souls' background or a different one.

Regardless because it is Trino & it will be a failure anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vexy View Post

Oh I remember that, a month later everyone was saying Rather be in Azeroth.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    TRION did everything right with Rift, until the dungeon nerf. And everything after that has been one horrible shitstorm
    I would agree Trion did alot of good things with Rift, River of Souls was a newbie mistake. But after F2P it went downhill & into the bottomless pit of never return.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    At least you're not in Sanctuary, anymore! will be the tag line.
    You sir win the internet Yesterday & Today.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbs View Post
    Now is this the same game that ripped off Reaper of Souls' background or a different one.
    No, that was Nexon published Vindictus, developed by Devcat.

Oh I remember that, a month later everyone was saying Rather be in Azeroth.
    I wasn't. Still happily chilling in...whatever the hell Rifts world is called. I don't pay attention to lore. I think Telara.

I would agree Trion did alot of good things with Rift, River of Souls was a newbie mistake. But after F2P it went downhill & into the bottomless pit of never return.
    How so? I mean, don't get me wrong, I think they've made some bad decisions over the years (including since F2P) that I'm not a fan of. But I think they've done a hell of a lot right, too, and delivered incredible value and a spectacular game to everyone, especially free players.