Hellfire PVE trinkets in arena

With how insanely strong the PVE trinkets are this tier, I have the feeling they will end up dominating in PVP even when considering the 715 ilvl cap and losing the PVP trinket damage reduction set bonus.

E.g., a rogue in my guild got the Soul Capacitor trinket yesterday. This trinket's proc literally does 20% of his total damage output even on mostly single target fights.

Or fury warrior class trinket. Stacks haste on each autoattack and is like a personal bloodlust that resets when switching targets. This would be extremely good in any melee cleave comp that trains one target the whole game and is a huge boost to single target dps.

Another example is the the strength cleave trinket, which would be stupidly good in 5s or RBGs.

I do remember they nerfed scabbard (in pvp) early in S1 because they considered the burst too strong. Wonder if the same will happen here. Humans with double PVE trinkets would be disgusting otherwise.

edit: can't fix title
    Last edited by apoe; 2015-06-25 at 09:06 PM.

Doubt it given the 20 ilvl difference and the PvP trinket set bonus.

Don't usually reply... but currently if you are using recount / skada as your information for soul capacitor... it incorrectly counts the absorbed damage as "actual damage". Warcraft logs shows it correctly though...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apoe View Post
    edit: can't fix title
    Got your back don't worry.

You can also use the report posts function for this (report yourself) if you happen upon these kind of mistakes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

You can have fun taking 15% more damage with how burst is currently

Quote Originally Posted by Zulandia View Post
    Doubt it given the 20 ilvl difference and the PvP trinket set bonus.
    The 15 ilvl difference doesn't mean much for the cc-breaking trinket, you just get a small amount of extra stats. For the other pvp trinkets, if it's like WoD season 1, they will be severely underbudgeted in stats compared to pve trinkets of the same ilvl. I haven't checked the new pvp trinkets yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if this was still the case.

I just feel 2x BiS pve trinkets will more than make up for the 17.6% increased damage you take from losing the pvp damage reduction set bonus, especially if you run any comp where you are not the kill target. We'll see I guess.

@Moonfall, thanks, that makes more sense
    Last edited by apoe; 2015-06-25 at 09:52 PM.

I just feel 2x BiS pve trinkets will more than make up for the 17.6% increased damage you take from losing the pvp damage reduction set bonus, especially if you run any comp where you are not the kill target.
    It unequivocally will not be better. At any decent rating if you zone in without Gladiator's distinction you can guarantee you're about to be the kill target. The PvE trinkets are also not nearly strong enough to warrant using in their own right even ignoring the damage reduction (and freedom trinket if horde) but that is another argument all together.

It unequivocally will not be better. At any decent rating if you zone in without Gladiator's distinction you can guarantee you're about to be the kill target. The PvE trinkets are also not nearly strong enough to warrant using in their own right even ignoring the damage reduction (and freedom trinket if horde) but that is another argument all together.
    It's gonna be damn tough singling out the players or targets without glad distinction. It's not just "oh I just noticed this targets taking more damage" because people go in with a plan and need time to adapt. The trinkets ensure something's dead before that time has passed.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Afflocks rolling with their Archimonde class trinket will be extremely dangerous (shortens the period between ticks significantly). And, like the guy above me said, there's no sign above your head saying "doesnt have two piece trinket buff".

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    It's gonna be damn tough singling out the players or targets without glad distinction. It's not just "oh I just noticed this targets taking more damage" because people go in with a plan and need time to adapt. The trinkets ensure something's dead before that time has passed.
    They give a buff when equipped/in PvP combat. It is very easy to check for.

E.g., a rogue in my guild got the Soul Capacitor trinket yesterday. This trinket's proc literally does 20% of his total damage output even on mostly single target fights.

(
    Skada and recount don't accurately report the damage from that trinket. It double dips the absorbed amount and the explosion, quite literally reporting twice the amount of damage it is actually doing. If you look at his numbers over at warcraftlogs after the fight is over you will see that the numbers are quite in line with other trinkets. The burst aspect of this trinket definitely could be a problem, but it also is a weakness, with proper play you can split the damage he does from his kill target between your entire team. Or you could CC him right before the proc ends and walk out of range, making him burn all of his damage cd's and still doing 0 damage.
    Last edited by pythagoris; 2015-06-28 at 12:34 PM.