Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I need to play a few QM games and see just how toxic it is now. Dont really get any toxic players in ranked, at least I havent anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is what you get when you put people who have played less than 100 games together in the same category of those who have played a couple hundred, from 500 to 1000 games.

The skill differences is noticeable often and i hold others to the same standard as i hold myself which is rather high. So after failed game number 2 or 3, i start to point out errors in a mocking tone.

Set a decent mmr and divide it properly and you will only have this behavior in the transition from one rank to another.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mostly play Hero League and most of the time I will join a game where we will all say hi, talk about our picks, decide strats and have a decent conversation through chat. A lot of people will say "GL HF" before matches start, and will be fairly constructive if you make an error.

Then I've had people who have died once and said "You all fucking suck" and then afked the rest of the game.

So, I guess it depends. There will always be toxic members. ALWAYS. No game will ever change that. But from personal experience, I've met more good people than not.

I noticed it being significantly worse in quick match. I played a game yesterday where the enemy team beat us to level 10. One guy on my team said "we lost" and then just started running around in circles in base. Some of my teammates started pinging him and telling him to just play the game. Then he said "Look at you faggots trying hard in QM."
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Razaron View Post
    I've never played DOTA2 or LOL so HotS is my first attempt at a MOBA. I've heard stories of how toxic the MOBA communities are so I was always put off trying them.

So I find that pretty much every game that we lose people are bad mouthing, accusing other players of playing poor, etc. I know you can turn chat off but I feel it's needed to do tactics and relay information, especially in Hero League. Of course I always block communication as well, but you just don't need the harassment from it all the time. The funny thing is, it's the exact opposite when we win, it's all very positive and good will.

Also from what I gather, I can't see any feature that has guilds or clans so I can't search to play with friendly people who don't mind getting there butt kicked every now and then.

I just don't understand the mentality of some people, yes some players do some things wrong and collectively the team hasn't worked out. I know it can be frustrating playing with someone who isn't very good or up to your standard but the fact is most people think there standard is pushing 9 outta 10. When in reality they are far from it and the player being harassed usually isn't that bad either. Of course you get the odd player who doesn't understand the game that well but most of the time players know what they're doing.

I would say I'm not a bad player but I'm not the best either, I'm just a very experience gamer with around a 60% HotS win-rate. I've been playing games since commodore 64, I use to play Counter-Strike at a very high standard in my teens alas my reactions have slowed down now. I would say I play games more casual now, especially after falling ill recently I don't need the stress of competitive gaming.

Anyway, this has turned more in to a blog now and it's getting late here in the UK. No hard feelings to anyone, this is just what I've experienced. I hope Blizzard implement strong penalties for constant abusers and intricate a guild/clan feature for people who enjoy the game but don't want the constant harassment.

What are everyone opinions on the community so far?
    It's because this idiotic matchmaking system putting me into groups with mindblowingly dumb players that makes me toxic. I'm so fucking tired of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Typical to any online environment.

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2004/03/19/ is appropriate
    Just preface all my posts with "Well, I didn't read the thread, but..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Kenobi
    You don't need to see any identification.
    This isn't the user you're looking for.
    Move along.
    Fixed a bug allowing Reaper to Shadow Step to unintended locations
    Minor text fixes

I think the toxic community thing is just inevitable in this kind of game.

Personally, I'm trying to work on my raging in-game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    The day was April 7th, 1996 - I was playing online, command and conquer gold, I rushed a noob and they didn't expect it.. They cried, they qq'ed - welcome to internet gaming 20 years later. Ripinpeace
    ...I remember back in Mplayer, the trash talk was out of this world, they had the hacks to back it up too! -.- I don't miss those days.

I also played a game called Subspace and later Infantry, to this day they had some of the most toxic communities I have ever stepped foot into, this was in the 90s.

a toxic player like that is a sure fire way to lose a game and be unable to rally people to take the match back.

Once pulled forward from a 5 level lead the other team had because their comps were strong during mid but ours was strong during end game. If we had someone mouthing off we would have lost, isntead we had motivators and good planners.

Had a game with a very toxic kael'thas player, who stated "please don't pick nova". Complaining that we were about to ruin his win streak and all this random bullshit, calling people out just plain harrasing everyone for the mistakes he made.

We were winning, all our forts were up, including the front ones. We lost because he decided to be a little bitch and run in to die or sit still afk in lane till enemy team killed him. Saying we deserve to lose for our shitty picks. Some people have serious issues.

I don't think it's as bad in HotS as it is in most other games I played. Sure, you have the people calling everyone noob/retard/worse when things go south. Giving everyone commands and act like they're the best player in the world or w/e, even though they're usually the worst of the bunch. As I said, it doesn't occur anywhere near as often as it does in WoW, for example. I know one of the people I play D3 with is pretty toxic in HotS, I just ignore him whenever he wants to play these days for that reason.

I try to keep things to myself most of the time, if I ping something repeatedly and everyone just blatantly ignores it I might get a bit salty, however.

The horrible matchmaking only adds to this. I play with couple of friends that are massive ragers and i can clearly see the system does not help lol. When we queue league and everyone in the match is all rank 10- and somehow a guy on our team manages to be 45 and has no clue what the hell is going on. Hes like a poor dog thats about to get prowled on by mutated T-rex/king kong hybrid. This matchmaking needs god damn help fast, it would greatly alleviate much of the toxicity i think. Quality of the matches would be better.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not that bad, what annoys me is the silence of most players.

I can be a culprit for giving out abuse though lol, but you have to suck to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    I can be a culprit for giving out abuse though lol, but you have to suck to get it.
    Do people really need to be abused because in your opinion they suck? That sort of attitude is not going to help anyone.

I do honestly feel that this game has the most unwelcoming player-base at times, even on this thread you see people who openly admit harassing and abusing players in the heat of the moment and are not reacting calmly and even jokingly about it. It's not funny or clever, hopefully educating players will make this MOBA more welcoming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do people really need to be abused because in your opinion they suck? That sort of attitude is not going to help anyone.

I do honestly feel that this game has the most unwelcoming player-base at times, even on this thread you see people who openly admit harassing and abusing players in the heat of the moment and are not reacting calmly and even jokingly about it. It's not funny or clever, hopefully educating players will make this MOBA more welcoming.
    It's constructive abuse if that please you

Oh, and in ranked, yes you deserve it if you suck.
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2015-06-26 at 10:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    It's constructive abuse if that please you

Oh, and in ranked, yes you deserve it if you suck.
    Why not just be constructive? Abusing anyone is never needed.

Deleted
    The more experienced you are in a game, the less manners you have. Same as in WoW: the better the gear/ratings one has, the lower the social skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Cable man View Post
    The more experienced you are in a game, the less manners you have. Same as in WoW: the better the gear/ratings one has, the lower the social skills.
    I'm an experienced gamer and I know what I should be doing when I play a certain character in HosT but sometimes it's my reactions time or other people that let the team down. That doesn't make my manners get less at all, if anything I try to remain positive.

All you're doing is making inaccurate generalizations about people which never helps.

Deleted
    I'm an experienced gamer and I know what I should be doing when I play a certain character in HosT but sometimes it's my reactions time or other people that let the team down. That doesn't make my manners get less at all, if anything I try to remain positive.

All you're doing is making inaccurate generalizations about people which never helps.
    Ignore him, "Cable man" already got infracted in other thread and is a known troll.

I still say SMITE had the ragey-ist community of all the mobas I played, probably because it's more like a FPS. That being said, I'm not level 30 yet, so I'm still playing QM, and I did have to disable the chat for the time being. It just annoys me too much when people make off-handed comments about the team because they're upset, and I don't care to hear strangers berate me if I do happen to make a mistake, or am not having the best game. I'll probably find a group and such if I get into HL, but for now, chat just does more harm than good when it comes to my enjoyment of the game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    I still say SMITE had the ragey-ist community of all the mobas I played, probably because it's more like a FPS. That being said, I'm not level 30 yet, so I'm still playing QM, and I did have to disable the chat for the time being. It just annoys me too much when people make off-handed comments about the team because they're upset, and I don't care to hear strangers berate me if I do happen to make a mistake, or am not having the best game. I'll probably find a group and such if I get into HL, but for now, chat just does more harm than good when it comes to my enjoyment of the game.
    I would rather have someone that is toxic who I can speak with that someone who has blocked everyone.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose