Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt there's anything you guys wouldn't defend by now.
    I doubt there isn't anything you guys wouldn't complain about now. Blizzard could shit gold bricks and people would complain they were too heavy.

tanaan is beautiful i wish blizz used it better...

Quote Originally Posted by Boogums View Post
    Same can be said about IoT. Why the double standard?

"It was just Valor grinding and a gated reputation."
    I quite like the RPG and story elements. I know a lot of people just accept the quest asap, but I enjoy the reasoning why we are doing anything. So I'll always prefer a daily quest to a 'fill up the bar' quest. IoT had the fun server wide unlocking event at the start too. Not entirely related but it had the starting for the warlock fel flame quest line which was a ton of fun. I think valor was a more compelling reward than apexis. That's not to say I miss valor, I'm quite happy it's gone, but I do think its' removal/replacement with apexis made for a less compelling reason to continue doing tedious content once you get bored with it.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    +1 to OP.
    This time, Blizzard really nails it. 6.2 really brought more interesting idea, especially the shipyard things, which I believe it can be expanded more later on. Another thing is the Tanaan Jungle, which I think it's wayyy better than Timeless Isle. It thrills me every time I zone into Tanaan, going after treasure to rare mobs, and the dailies also become better than ever. This is what WoW should be for every future expansion. $50 really worth it!

Deleted
    I wish the factions weren't a bunch of nobodies with no story whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    honestly this patch is so good

the raids, the way reputation works, how felblights work. it all seems very well done tbh.

between mythic dungeons, empowered apexis items and the 715 items it's incredibly easy to catch up which is super awesome.
    Thats such a long list of things that make this patch "So Good". You must of put alot of thought into it. Would be a shame, if you were wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do like the look of Tanaan Jungle so that is a plus indeed, but they could of done something better for the rep content for 6.2.
    For the Horde!

Deleted
    OP rose tinted glasses:

- thinks its good because eaasy to gear up
    - thinks its good because its content and doesn't judge the content at what it is

Deleted
    Is this how ppl rate wow patches/expansions nowdays? If things are easy to obtain its fucking great and awesome. "SO GOOD"...
    This makes me feel so sick and disgusted how spoiled current players are...
    No wonder why wow is going downhill.
    Last edited by mmocb797a40363; 2015-06-26 at 05:24 AM.

great patch. i like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Boogums View Post
    What did you want instead?
    Blizzard to stop imitating korean MMOs? We want actual content that means something when we do it, not just another grind. We want to be challenged by interesting content that is actually fun to participate in. Not monsters that spam 1 attack until they fall over dead while we yawn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Enjoying things so far myself. New raid seems awesome, had a bunch of fun in Timewalker dungeons already and Mythic dungeons finally made WoD's well-crafted dungeons relevant again especially for my alts.

Plenty of rares and treasures to keep me busy for a few weeks hunting in Tanaan. New pet battle bosses to figure out and a new reason to get off my arse and go get tokens from the previous ones.

Shipyard and dailies is eh, but it's something to put some time into... renaming my ships was amusing The fact I have options to gear up my alts a bit without bothering with LFR is also nice, and will give me more of a reason to bother with them.

Overall, I'm happy enough for now. Obviously will be a different matter if this is expected to last another 15+ months SoO style but no point getting up in arms about something that hasn't happened yet.

Quote Originally Posted by hypetrain View Post
    OP rose tinted glasses:

- thinks its good because eaasy to gear up
    - thinks its good because its content and doesn't judge the content at what it is
    hey i love raiding and i like grinding for my gear where possible

the saberclaw reputation grind is pretty fun imo, reminds me of grinding timbermaw rep back in vanilla or grinding tyr's hand for gold/cloth

i guess it's boring if you don't want to participate in it but honestly it's pretty good. i do love the catch up mechanics too, i wish blizzard would have a system in place like the empowered apexis items from the start of the expansion, so you could get 610 blue items from rares and upgrade them to 655 or something similar (would be = to normal mode gear).

besides who doesn't like the ability to gear up their alts quickly

I agree, this is a great patch. Since it failed to make me resubscribe, I win 15 euros every month.

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Tanaan Jungle's got more shit than Isle of Thunder and Timeless Isle combined
    Definitely NOT this.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

7+ Year Old Account
    The patch 6.2 seems "decent" for now. The zone looks beautiful, the reps seem a bit slow to me but that's okay, the raid is very nice, the pet battle additions are also fun. The problem that I see is, how long will all that keep people interested? 1 week? 2 weeks? 3 weeks? Outside the raid most of those things lose their "fun" aspect fairly quickly, of course that depends on the individual.

Deleted
    Let's face it, this discussion is pointless. You guys are defending a zone that has basically nothing in it but a raid and a bunch of apexis grinds that only serve to get players into it. If your singular interest in WoW is raiding, then this patch might be your cup of tea, otherwise it's pretty bad. Quite a few of you guys aren't defending the game or so patch so much as you're defending the corporation behind it as you're associating yourself with it in a manner that only be described as "unhealthy".

From most things said here it seems to me like coming back right now would be a huge mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Let's face it, this discussion is pointless. You guys are defending a zone that has basically nothing in it but a raid and a bunch of apexis grinds that only serve to get players into it. If your singular interest in WoW is raiding, then this patch might be your cup of tea, otherwise it's pretty bad. Quite a few of you guys aren't defending the game or so patch so much as you're defending the corporation behind it as you're associating yourself with it in a manner that only be described as "unhealthy".
    i think blizzard are fucking idiots, but the patch is keeping me interested

just because someone likes something doesn't make them 'blind' i mean cmon lol

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Not defending anything about the patch or the zone, just stating my opinion. I agree that patch lacks anything that personally interests me. Yes I was an avid pet battler, this patch gave more pet battles. Still not enough for me to come back

Like I said right now since 6.2 is new, people are going to have higher interest in it. That will subside within a few weeks. How long can TJ and HFC keep people going once they have the reps exalted?

Isle of Thunder was much better. Had a great story with personal scenario quests that really made you feel like you were making an impact in the area. My guildies and I spent a great deal of time flying around killing the war bringers for those mounts.
    Last edited by TheCount; 2015-06-26 at 02:27 PM.