Poll: Have You Played Dungeons and Dragons?

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Never played it or any tabletop RPG. My college friends expressed interest in it once but quickly gave up on the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    That's why normally those who die in the first 2 games are Wizards (or the Barbarian / Fighter that just jump in front of the enemy lines cause he's "badass")
    Hey, even if playing a smart melee character, surviving a nat crit from a hill giant is hard at level 3. >_<
    I am Grôgnárd, the one and only!
    The Light and How to Swing It

SWTOR Referral Link - get free stuff!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Conspicuous Cultist View Post
    A muderhobo's pride should be considered a CR 24 monster.
    Fixed it for you

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grognard View Post
    Hey, even if playing a smart melee character, surviving a nat crit from a hill giant is hard at level 3. >_<
    That's why I like being a Halfling rogue. Slippery little fuck. Things go bad and I'm a shadow.

The Lightbringer Conspicuous Cultist's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Fixed it for you
    Not even that, an adventurer kills a few rats and then suddenly he thinks he can take on a tarrasque because he thinks the DM actually nerfed the tarrasque to the adventurer's level. The arrogance of that is truly outstanding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Conspicuous Cultist View Post
    Not even that, an adventurer kills a few rats and then suddenly he thinks he can take on a tarrasque because he thinks the DM actually nerfed the tarrasque to the adventurer's level. The arrogance of that is truly outstanding.
    That's mostly cause the DM don't use traps, i mean... have you checked the traps that are in the DMG? almost all traps are "Oh you just feel in a trap, here take the Playerhand book and create a new character"

Deleted
    Man i really miss playing pen & paper. I used to be stuck as DM as my friends didnt have the knack for telling a good story or doing the back work. We played alot of different p&p but mostly Vampire the masquerade and mutant chronicles.

No D&D though.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's mostly cause the DM don't use traps, i mean... have you checked the traps that are in the DMG? almost all traps are "Oh you just feel in a trap, here take the Playerhand book and create a new character"
    Dude

My very first dungeon, a had to deal with an Abolith. Mind controlled my friend so I had to knock him out and run. It found us again but I managed to grapple a Trog into the water to distract it and escape as it fed.