Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cable man View Post
    Lol, gruul, oregorger, thogar and beastlord are the easiest bosses in BRF, if a pug wipes at ANY of them, I just bail cause there is no fucking way in hell they'll ever get past furnace or flamebender.
    Flamebender is literally the easiest boss on BRF

I wanted to say that heroic iskar pugging is completely doable. The isker assist addon makes the wind phase a non-issue, and in the pugs I've led these past few days passing the eye for the winds phase was never a problem.

The problem, if it existed, often came with dealing the eye during the air phase, when interrupts, dispels, and avoiding the fel raven debuff had to happen, all with the eye holder needing to avoid high stacks. I wiped for hours on this until I changed and realized a couple things:
    1) I switched to healing and made myself in charge of the eye. With one healer knowing exactly what to do, it became incredibly easy. Have everyone macro to send the eye over to that one healer for emergencies, and have one other person take the eye for whenever that healer doesn't need it so the stacks don't get too high.
    2) In the air phase 2, it will go interrupt, dispel, interrupt, dispel, on and on. They are actually on slightly different timers, but if they are overlapping that means dps aren't killing priority targets in time. In air phase 3, it will go interrupt, dispel, raven corruption, interrupt, dispel, raven corruption, on and on. And as with phase 2, if you have it go on long enough so that there is an overlap of these abilities, that means dps aren't doing their job. With this order, it's fine to just toss the eye between the tank and heals for interrupt/dispel/corruption, it's a cyclical pattern, so really easy to deal with.

It's likely plenty of people have already figured all this out and are downing iskar in pugs with no issues, but if there are people struggling, I hope this helps them.

Quote Originally Posted by Liji View Post
    I wanted to say that heroic iskar pugging is completely doable. The isker assist addon makes the wind phase a non-issue, and in the pugs I've led these past few days passing the eye for the winds phase was never a problem.

The problem, if it existed, often came with dealing the eye during the air phase, when interrupts, dispels, and avoiding the fel raven debuff had to happen, all with the eye holder needing to avoid high stacks. I wiped for hours on this until I changed and realized a couple things:
    1) I switched to healing and made myself in charge of the eye. With one healer knowing exactly what to do, it became incredibly easy. Have everyone macro to send the eye over to that one healer for emergencies, and have one other person take the eye for whenever that healer doesn't need it so the stacks don't get too high.
    2) In the air phase 2, it will go interrupt, dispel, interrupt, dispel, on and on. They are actually on slightly different timers, but if they are overlapping that means dps aren't killing priority targets in time. In air phase 3, it will go interrupt, dispel, raven corruption, interrupt, dispel, raven corruption, on and on. And as with phase 2, if you have it go on long enough so that there is an overlap of these abilities, that means dps aren't doing their job. With this order, it's fine to just toss the eye between the tank and heals for interrupt/dispel/corruption, it's a cyclical pattern, so really easy to deal with.

It's likely plenty of people have already figured all this out and are downing iskar in pugs with no issues, but if there are people struggling, I hope this helps them.
    Or you could just save every single raid cooldown for the third intermission, spread the fuck out with the fel bombs, and let the tank have the eye 24/7 while being on interrupt duty/tanking the raven. Don't "need" to dispell to avoid a wipe y'know :<.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Or you could just save every single raid cooldown for the third intermission, spread the fuck out with the fel bombs, and let the tank have the eye 24/7 while being on interrupt duty/tanking the raven. Don't "need" to dispell to avoid a wipe y'know :<.

Quote Originally Posted by Vixcis View Post
    Bomb explosions have a range. In a pug if your people are retarded it might be easier in final phase to say "k get away from the rest of the raid" and not dispel.

Quote Originally Posted by Octa View Post
    Bomb explosions have a range. In a pug if your people are retarded it might be easier in final phase to say "k get away from the rest of the raid" and not dispel.
    well then focused blast kills people. terrible advice

Deleted
    Iskar isn't that difficult for a guild group (even though people still fail), but I have to agree here. Doing this fight with even a single person who doesn't understand it means misery.

Thought they didn't want to do gimmicky fights anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Marolen View Post
    well then focused blast kills people. terrible advice
    Well, it wasn;t my advice. But you certainly do not need the entire raid in focus blast to make it not lethal. You can have the people with bombs off to the sides and not have people get 1 shot by focus blast.

Terrible post, wasn't even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Or you could only have to make people move for lasers by passing it between the same tank and healer when fel bomb needs a dispel. Guaranteed coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by Richardbro View Post
    My guild just progressed on this fight tonight on heroic, and man it was rough in regards to coordination and personal responsibility. This amount of both those elements will be a complete disaster on pugs and I honestly can say with confidence in it's current state not many pugs will ever get past this boss. Its a fun fight without a doubt and it took a whole night to down it, but I'm worried of the pug potential of this boss.

Blizzard will sadly probably have to nerf it but its probably for the best.
    I got "carried" earlier this week by my ex-GM's new guild in their Normal run. I knew none of the fights except the first 3 from LFR. We cleared 13/13N, and this was probably one of the easier fights; you just need to give players a retard version. "If you get the laser, go here. If you get the Chakram, go here". "Make sure you download Exorsus Raid Tools and click on people who light up green".

I think I only died on about 3 of the fights in total, only once it was being my fault because it was the first time I ever saw the fight (Archimonde) and they didn't bother to tell me about a mechanic (Don't Blink when you get thrown into the air). Heroic just has higher numbers than Normal, so unless you get typical retards in your group, you should be just fine.

(I say "carried" in quotes because I hold my own, it's just not my raid team and I had no HFC gear)
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    Or you could only have to make people move for lasers by passing it between the same tank and healer when fel bomb needs a dispel. Guaranteed coverage.
    Well yea. That's doing the phase how it's supposed to be done. Throw it between 1x tank who takes raven+interrupts, and the healer.
    What I suggested was that if your pug is too silly to even manage to throw it back and forth between a tank and a healer, you can have it on a healer who dispells + interrupts in P1/2, and on a tank who takes raven+interrupts in P3. As the bombs are proximity-explosions, people who get debuffed just runs the fuck away from the raid (or spread out in a line through the middle), and blasts won't be an issue with every available raid cd ready+lust. GG.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Wattmate View Post
    The eye throwing was a horrible idea imo. Going to be almost mandatory for a pug group to have iver TS/vent/mumble or the Addon or both.
    Or just have half a brain to notice when people have the winds debuff and to give it to healers and tanks during the intermissions.

Yeah pugs're doomed.
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    So, you cannot tell your pugs to create the following macro?

/target [@mouseover]
    /click ExtraActionButton1
    /targetlasttarget

With instructions to toss it the player X or Y if you totally don't know what to do with the item?

Assuming that X or Y does know what to do with the item.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Youn View Post
    So, you cannot tell your pugs to create the following macro?

/target [@mouseover]
    /click ExtraActionButton1
    /targetlasttarget

With instructions to toss it the player X or Y if you totally don't know what to do with the item?

Assuming that X or Y does know what to do with the item.
    People don't have debuffs on their frames. They don't have raid mark on their frames. Maybe they don't have frames at all. They don't know when to throw it. They missclick. They make a typo in their macro. They get the eye by accident and won't know why and what to do with it.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Get better pugs. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Youn View Post
    Get better pugs. :P
    thanks for the tip. I hadn't thought of that.

I understand the OP frustration, I googled to try and find a better method of pugging iskar than I have. I'm on a top alli guild on a small realm. I have a alt lock/mage that both need iskar's trinket on normal or heroic, and whenever I go to get one, I fail, it can be a very frustrating aspect of the game right now, it's likely that this mage could be a alt to use 1st floor mythic by now, but instead it just sits around 710 being generally sucky. I could learn to play it better, but that's not ever fun when you still loose when you play very well. i wish the other trinketes weren't so strong/weak, or that bosses like iskar were put as a gate to sorcrethar. likely in that type of situation many pugs would have been forced to learn the mechanic. </rant>

Quote Originally Posted by eelucid View Post
    thanks for the tip. I hadn't thought of that.

I understand the OP frustration, I googled to try and find a better method of pugging iskar than I have. I'm on a top alli guild on a small realm. I have a alt lock/mage that both need iskar's trinket on normal or heroic, and whenever I go to get one, I fail, it can be a very frustrating aspect of the game right now, it's likely that this mage could be a alt to use 1st floor mythic by now, but instead it just sits around 710 being generally sucky. I could learn to play it better, but that's not ever fun when you still loose when you play very well. i wish the other trinketes weren't so strong/weak, or that bosses like iskar were put as a gate to sorcrethar. likely in that type of situation many pugs would have been forced to learn the mechanic. </rant>
    Nice semi-necro there.

Also, you do know that Iskar is only a gate to Mannoroth (and eventually Archimonde), right? You can do the other 4 bosses of Upper HFC and leave him for last.

it was part of the gate to mann/archi, hoever, mann/archi pugs are plentiful, and most players know at least one person with the poral if they need it. Even my guild alt run does everything BUT iskar just because the casual's we try and bring can't do it.

Quote Originally Posted by eelucid View Post
    it was part of the gate to mann/archi, hoever, mann/archi pugs are plentiful, and most players know at least one person with the poral if they need it. Even my guild alt run does everything BUT iskar just because the casual's we try and bring can't do it.
    Ah I kinda misunderstood your wording there.

yeah, was 1/2 rant 1/2 desperation to find a strat for success in geting needed trickets on mage/lock at this point in the tier for alts. all gdgd