Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    I am looking forward to the Twisting Nether phase

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zertharian View Post
    I am looking forward to the Twisting Nether phase
    Well we gona see it soon

I see on some video that people have a weak aura with the 3 targets of shackles and a timer, does anyone have that weakaura?

- - - Updated - - -

That's the weak aura I'm looking for:

Deleted
    We just meet him yesterday on HC
    The biggest problem for us was these shadow walkers.We use the tact where all nether ports are on one spot so these just comes from 1 zone instead from half the map around.But ppl in our raid just ignore them and because i play MM hunter i`m not really effective in soloing these when they start to exit 3-4 or more.I still i`m not sure how their fixate work do they go to closest player once the spawn or they preff to go to tanks and hit anything who is in close proximity to them

Are there even kills of less than 20 people on this guy? I couldn't find a single log, looking out of curiosity. My raid has 30 and we split run so I will never do him with that few people but has anyone actually managed to do this with fewer than 15-20? Seems like a tougher fight with fewer people.

Off the top of my head -

You have to deal with 3 shackles still.
    You have to deal with the Deathcaller who hits just as hard as a full raid group, meaning less externals and healing to spare.
    Same Wrought Chaos that does the same amount of damage.
    Less cleave for the p2 felpuppies that come, meaning they stay up longer.
    Can't sacrifice earlier compared to a 30 man, since you still only require 3 people for the sacrifice regardless of raid size.
    Less raid cooldowns for the dangerous Rain of Chaos that lines up with bad stuff.

I guess you have more room to spread? Doesn't seem like a very good tradeoff for all the above though.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think there were some, but this was before they fixed sacrificing a single tank at a time.

The hotfix they put out to require 3 people punishes smaller group sizes pretty badly, and sacrificing in large groups is still a fairly valid strategy, one at least near the end is pretty much a no brainer, in a large group.

It's fairly obvious they didn't think about the nether phase that much, nor think long about the hotfix to prevent it's use. The nether phase should have been designed to not only punish you for not doing it, but to give you something beneficial for completing it. Even with a 5% heal it's still a good idea in a lot of scenarios to throw a tank, and two people who have exhausted their CDs/mana down at the end.

This encounter is a pretty good example as to why they went with a fixed raid size in mythic. Archimonde as he is designed now would be pretty aids in 10 man. Anything that requires movement of a fixed amount of players, or a mechanic to require a bare minimum amount of players isn't great for small raid sizes. A lot like with Sinestra orbs, that took 20% of your raid out in 10 man by requiring them to kite. Meanwhile on 25 man, it was still 2 players. Not complaining, because obviously larger raid sizes cause problems on other encounters (which you can historically find throughout the 10/25 man era).