Poll: Do you like the mechanics of your class in WoD?

Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Question Do you like your class mechanics after the WoD ability / caster mobility pruning?

So after you've had half a year of getting used to the new class design:
    Do you like the mechanics of your class in WoD or would you prefer one of the previous iterations?

I'm not talking about numbers (they could be easily changed from one day to the other) but the mechanics of your class: does it feel more fun and rewarding to play in WoD now?

I personally wouldn't even be surprised if WoW 7.0 will be released on consoles, too, because WoD surely feels like a preparation to make this game work on game controllers.
    Last edited by Tx20; 2015-06-26 at 01:39 PM.

Shadow priests certainly welcome the company.

As a holy paladin I miss my Salvation button.
    Also miss Divine Intervention but that was taken a long time ago now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tx20 View Post
    So after you've had half a year of getting used to the new class design:
    Do you like the mechanics of your class in WoD or would you prefer a previous iteration?

I'm not talking about numbers (they could be easily changed from one day to the other) but the mechanics of your class: does it feel more fun and rewarding to play in WoD now?
    I much prefer previous iterations of Mages. At this point I'd take any expansion's version of Mage pre-prune, between a choice of that or post-prune.

The entire class' foundation was uprooted from a "master of arcane whom could cast all 3 but only be extremely proficient in one", to "master of 1/3rd of the arcane whom cannot cast anything outside of their specialization"

That entire near 10 year history was uprooted and changed to create these new "Arcanomancers, Pyromancers, and Icecallers".

It's not even a Mage anymore, and the worst part is how badly the prune damaged the class even after so much feedback was given to its contrary.

I much prefer WoD's version of Arcane and Frost, Fire... well, it's functionally almost exactly the same as it was in Wrath so I think actually it needs more changes. The way the spec works now fixes it hard into a niche it can't escape.

No and the only other time I disliked my warrior was the start of Cata but they implemented changes back then.

probably would have re-subbed for 6.2 if it brought changes to arms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fury Warr has never been the same since they changed Heroic Strike.

Deleted
    my elemental shammy feels so different from MoP that i cant even tell anymore if this was the same character.

I liked that we had so many abilities even when we did not use some alot.
    It gave some interesting choices in some situations, ppl could mana drain healers in pvp or go for a cc tactic (choice) well you get where i go.

Now all classes have a basic rotation and there are like 1-2 CD's.
    Last edited by mmoc2b606a4969; 2015-06-26 at 09:32 AM.

Water Elemental still has a ranged frost nova

Warrior DPS.

I rerolled.

Deleted
    Enha shaman. More pruning coming my way, please!

I hate to have 7-8 abilities, all on different keybinds, to press on a regular basis (like once-twice every 15sec).
    I hate to have more abilities than what i can bind to my keyboard.

Not to mention the crazy proccing mechanic and how you should constantly watch your action bar and dance your fingers on your keyboard.

Find it too bothering and exhausting at times. Not intuitive, not fluent.

So please, prune more.

Dragon Soul subtlety rogues, never forget <3

About the only good thing about raiding then.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

I personally feel like they're trying to make this game work on a game console controller (maybe because they do in fact try to bring it to consoles soon), and I don't really like it. Not because I think you can't have a high skill ceiling with few buttons, but because it removes so many options.

I won't argue that you need many buttons to have a high skill ceiling (looking at popular MOBAs for example: there's a massive difference between newbies and pro players despite those games only having 4-6 buttons), but I feel that this is not the way to go for WoW. In my opinion it removes variety and makes the game less interesting, which is not so much a problem for MOBAs for example: despite having few buttons, they have dozens/hundreds of different "classes" to play. It's also worth noting that many/most abilities in those games are skill shots which inherently have more counterplay (hide behind creeps/dodge them/predict where the enemy will try to dodge etc) while in WoW basically every ability is an auto-hit.

So I don't really like it.

Some may argue that the latest version of the game is always the worst in people's minds when the look back at previous xpacs through rose-tinted glasses, but that's not the case for me at least.

For example when Cata came around I was in love with the new focus system of hunters.
    When MoP came around I was even more happy. I remember thinking once in MoP: "I dread the next expansion coming because this class is perfect right now. I've also liked a lot of other classes like locks, ele shamans and many others.

And along came WoD and it feels like Blizzard dumpstered half of my abilities and scattered the other half between all specs.
    I'm very disappointed in the WoD classes.
    Last edited by Tx20; 2015-06-26 at 10:26 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bladebarrier View Post

I hate to have 7-8 abilities, all on different keybinds, to press on a regular basis (like once-twice every 15sec).

Not to mention the crazy proccing mechanic and how you should constantly watch your action bar and dance your fingers on your keyboard.

So please, prune more.
    Can't agree sorry. I've been enhance since early TBC and it evolved nicely till the day 6.0 hit. It's always been a fairly fast and very busy spec, but it was a measured and controlled pace. It's not the lack of pruning that's the problem, it was the change to Flurry for WoD that lowered the CD and GCD of everything and anything that's caused the problem. That measured/controlled pace has now become a spamfest; a weak aura whack-a-mole.

It worked for Ret Palas with sanctity of battle because they had only half the abilities in their priority queue that enhance has.

Quote Originally Posted by bladebarrier View Post

So please, prune more.
    You are playing the wrong spec then. I mained enhancement for 2 years during Cata because it's a spec that keeps you busy.
    The majority of the DPS specs in the game have what you want, no reason to ruin one of the last remaining fun specs out there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    No, I'm covered in salt from all the caster tears, so it's getting harder to cast and move without getting high blood pressure.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

I prefer basically any iteration of my class even including mop over what I am stuck with now. That said at least mage plays out fine mobility wise I am just no fan of the arcane rotation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never.

It isn't even WoD.

It has been 4.0.1+ class changes across the board.

Paladins lost so much of their abilities -- symbolic abilities even -- like Consecration.

They're iconic, removed so they'll fit some 10 button mice, instead. -_-

I didn't buy WoW to play a hack and slash dungeon game (want that? Play Diablo, instead). I bought the game to actually resemble a MMORPG, including the very iconic class abilities!
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    I'd like to meet someone who does like them
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BufordTJustice View Post
    Can't agree sorry. I've been enhance since early TBC and it evolved nicely till the day 6.0 hit. It's always been a fairly fast and very busy spec, but it was a measured and controlled pace. It's not the lack of pruning that's the problem, it was the change to Flurry for WoD that lowered the CD and GCD of everything and anything that's caused the problem. That measured/controlled pace has now become a spamfest; a weak aura whack-a-mole.

It worked for Ret Palas with sanctity of battle because they had only half the abilities in their priority queue that enhance has.
    I also can't agree.
    My problem is not that i have to constantly press buttons.
    But that i have to constantly press so many different buttons.

If our normal rotation was consisted of 5 abilities to press on a regular basis, plus 4-5 utility skills to react on surroundings, plus 3-4 cds, 1-2 healing, i'd be totaly alright. But when i have SS, LL, LB, FlS, FrS, Nova, ST, MT, ChL whose priority changes constantly, cds clash all the time, and you cannot make any macro, i say thank you but no thank you.
    I haven't find my left hand fingers on the street to torment them like that.

This expac i tryied Fury and it felt amazing. Great work. I was catching myself fighting minutes of the time without having to even once look down to my action bar. Helpful visuals telling you when something is proccing, clear priorities, fluent ability cds design to not clash all the time.
    Problem is it's not shaman so i couldn't force myself to play it even though gameplay is more fun and relaxing.
    Last edited by mmocf7e361541e; 2015-06-26 at 10:37 AM.