Deleted

Reinstalling WoW - But my addons?

Hi all

Been building / rehoming a new setup and it doesn't feel fresh and nice and new unless I do a complete Windows reinstall etc.

Wondering what happens to my addons? I have a lot of settings etc for various toons would be a nightmare having to reset them all anyway around this? Also everything else in game keybinds in game settings etc is all saved server side right? So when i reinstall it would all look the same as before?

Thanks all

Just copy your WoW folder over.

If you really want to reinstall it, just copy your Interface and WTF folders over.

Deleted
    Thanks,

You think it's okay just to copy the whole folder over? Would save download time but i've had trouble in the past trying to shift things about like that.

So just the interface and WTF and all settings etc will be same as before?

10+ Year Old Account
    It should work fine, the launcher should be able to locate an install moved that way and fix anything wrong.

Deleted
    Okay great, maybe i'll try it.

I have two ssd's so I can put it on there clean install windows on the other. So just the whole 'World of Warcraft' Folder?

Quote Originally Posted by Daroof View Post
    Okay great, maybe i'll try it.

I have two ssd's so I can put it on there clean install windows on the other. So just the whole 'World of Warcraft' Folder?
    The whole WoW Folder will take everything from your current WoW installation, and moving that will work just fine.

If you want just the Interface, take the Interface & WTF Files only.

Deleted
    Super thanks,

Sorry last question, so if I take the Interface and WTF files my setup will look exactly the same after I reinstall wow (if i did a clean WoW install).

Cheers

all your addons are stored in interface and all the config files are stored in wtf, you can copy these folders to another install and your wow will look exactly the same.

Thanks,

You think it's okay just to copy the whole folder over? Would save download time but i've had trouble in the past trying to shift things about like that.

So just the interface and WTF and all settings etc will be same as before?
    Yes, I have done that myself without issue on more than one occasion.
    I just don't recommend it with the battle.net launcher, which I have minor issues with since.
    You can point the launcher to any existing folder.
    Just perhaps run the game client once manually to ensure the registry entries are created first.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    Thanks.

Okay although I am sure you are all right about it being fine to copy over I am going to do a clean wow install because I now only have one SSD drive and so don't have anything big enough to copy it onto and i'm out all weekend so can just let it download.

So the interface and WTF folders, I just copy them onto a memory stick and then when i reinstall WoW replace the folders with the ones on my stick~?

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks.

Okay although I am sure you are all right about it being fine to copy over I am going to do a clean wow install because I now only have one SSD drive and so don't have anything big enough to copy it onto and i'm out all weekend so can just let it download.

So the interface and WTF folders, I just copy them onto a memory stick and then when i reinstall WoW replace the folders with the ones on my stick~?
    yeap...nothing more,nothing less...enjoy...xD

Deleted
    Thanks for the advice guys

I copied everything into a new PC folder that I needed, reinstalled and then remembered I forgot to copy the folder I made onto a stick before I formatted the drivevs arghh, i'm the biggest idiot. So now remaking a million WeakAuras. Thanks though for the help

https://cynwise.wordpress.com/2012/0...two-computers/

Plenty of other examples for both OS-X and Windows out there, if you google. It also serves to prevent you losing all the data if you reformat, and also gives you some history on the files if you need it.