Page 1 of 20
... LastLast
    Deleted

The DK Solo Thread 4.0

3.0 was requested closed by Mionee.

I'll not be keeping the new thread up to date, but everyone is welcome to pm me if they want something changed. Thanks to Ayrithiavia for hosting the new "What's Done" spreadsheet.

~Welcome to the fourth edition of the Blood Solo Thread!~
    Follow-up of: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...olo-Thread-3-0

This fourth edition is an attempt at trying to make the thread fancier and more cool-looking without losing any info in the process.
    Before starting, big thanks to Braindwen for inspiring me on a lot of points with his Druid guide.
    And without further ado, the stuff itself:

Gameplay:

Resolve:
    Increases your healing and absorption done to yourself, based on damage taken (before avoidance and mitigation) in the last 10 sec. You can keep track of your Resolve value, even if it won't change your gameplay much by itself. Because you are alone tanking the boss, you will most likely will be capped on Resolve, at 238%.

Death Strike: Your bread and butter. Heals you (affected by Scent of Blood stacks),will shield you for a value depending on your mastery rating, and also is your hardest hitting ability. It will also convert used runes into Death runes wich means if you use blood tap/plague leach to convert blood runes to Death runes you can DS all the time (ex: I used this on Oregorger and Kazzak since you dont need to Rune tap).

Death Coil: Your Runic Power dump. Will proc the level 75 talents and thus replenish your runes.

These are meant to be used!

Talents:

I highlighted the talents you should have the majority of the time. Still, some talents that are not highlighted can have situational uses - mainly Anti-Magic Zone, Chilblains, Death Siphon, and the level 90 talents.
    For the level 100 talents, Defile being a viable option below ~2500 multistrike.

Gear:

First of all, use Fallen Crusader as a runeforge.First of all, use Fallen Crusader as a runeforge.
    While high ilvl remains the most important part regarding gear, you sometime want to get lower-ilvl gear to adapt to boss mechanics (ex : Stacking avoidance gear for oregorger).You should prioritise Bonus armor > multistrike > crit but pick some level of Mastery that makes you comfortable regarding your survival (this depends on what you plan on soloing)

List of bosses that can be soloed, with explanations if needed:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?pli=1#gid=0

You navigate either by clicking the links on the main page or by using the small menu on the bottom (thank you Google™).
    (Quick recap: if talking about the lowest difficulty available for a given boss, everything can be done.)

What boss to solo now ?

With 6.2, some Highmaul bosses should now be soloable. I’m thinking about Tectus, and maybe Twin ogrons later (because they dont have a tank swap mechanic). I’m not saying you can just go to Highmaul and boom kill them, but they are doable in a not so far future. Same thing for mythic Oregorger. We are now also able to push some bosses to enrage ( raegwyn did it on Iron Reaper).

Changelog 02/07/2015 :
    Updated introduction text.
    Updated Gameplay section ( links as well )
    Deleted “Raise Dead” as Blood DK no longer have a ghoul
    Updated Talents section
    Deleted outdated strat to solo Valithria ( rip bloodworms )
    Updated Gear section
    Updated “Conclusion” section
    Last edited by mmoce994820d54; 2015-07-03 at 10:35 AM. Reason: update

Deleted
    What year is it ?
    No really, you just copy and pasted some outdated information : There is even a notice for when 5.2 WILL come out !

EDIT : Oh ok sorry, will help you update guide then
    Last edited by mmoc12222011aa; 2015-07-01 at 05:50 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thearken View Post
    What year is it ?
    No really, you just copy and pasted some outdated information : There is even a notice for when 5.2 WILL come out !
    Which is why I said I'm not keeping it up to date and whoever wish something added or changed, they can contact me with whatever they want. All I do is make the post for you and change what you want changed.

The point of the thread and the past once was never really the information in the first post, but the users having somewhere to discus and soloing.

Supreme Lord Kazzak is a joke to solo at 700+ iLevel. Did it in my unholy gear with 0 bonus armor. AMS every other breath to drop the tank swap debuff, game blood runes in death runes so your rotation is Death Strike x3, and just afk for the next 10 minutes. Don't need any CDs. Don't need any buffs. He applies Mark of Kazzak to you so frequently it makes the fight trivial. Expect HPS in the 80-100k range.

Deleted
    New spreadsheet added and update to talents/stats, thanks to Ayrithiavia for the change.

Ooohhh, a new thread! Does anyone have suggestions for interesting bosses to try? I've been bored for a while, and the boring farm runs through Cata raids/MSV/ToT I do every week don't give as much fun as the ones from MoP.

http://i.imgur.com/sBjzBp3.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/G6KPOtG.jpg

Supreme Lord Kazzak down.
    Mechanically very trivial as someone above me said- just use Blood Tap to game 2 extra Death Runes and spam Death Strike. Use AMS for every alternate breath, and expect to see Death Strike healing you for ~50% of your health. Supreme Doom, Fel Breath and just plain melees will also give you a nice amount of Resolve- the only way you can really wipe is if you're bad about timing Death Strike right as a spike occurs.

The only dangerous part, for me, was that he'd sometimes go 10-15 seconds without reapplying Mark of Kazzak. I tend to play with an average of 600 MS, so those situations called for proactive CD usage.

On the bright side, it was kinda cool to be fighting something that felt a bit like tanking a hard hitting MoP boss (since AM was actually fun back then).
    @MagdalenaDK
    Plaguebearer

<Magdalena> There's really no way to say "There's a two hour long video of me on the Internet", without it sounding dirty is there?
    <Mionepony> Especially not if it's you...

Why were the 2.0 and 3.0 threads deleted? They have a lot of information (even if it was just for posterity) and memories so it would be great to have them back, just to read through >>

10+ Year Old Account
    Just to add a couple of notes to the above.

Obviously it's advantageous to do this when it's quiet, I had a few pulls earlier today messed up by people charging in and Kazzak suddenly adjusting, or Supreme Doom hitting something other than me.

Make sure of the two Fel Breaths, you AMS the second one after Supreme Doom, usually with Doom you'll have enough time for the debuff to fall off JUST before the first breath after comes in, but there will be a few seconds left on your timer when the second one hits.

Artillery strikes speed this one up, use them during Doom where there's little else to do once you've healed back up.

If you find you already outgear this mitigation wise, be bold, grab a stack of Fel sludge (though I recommend a kill before you do this.)

If you feel you need for whatever reason that little extra bit of healing, the standard from Hand of the Prophet is a nice extra cooldown, should get one, possibly two uses out of it during the fight.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saiyendra View Post
    Why were the 2.0 and 3.0 threads deleted? They have a lot of information (even if it was just for posterity) and memories so it would be great to have them back, just to read through >>
    There is a link to 3.0 at the top.

The link doesn't work. I'll be very sad if all those old posts are gone :<
    @MagdalenaDK
    Plaguebearer

<Magdalena> There's really no way to say "There's a two hour long video of me on the Internet", without it sounding dirty is there?
    <Mionepony> Especially not if it's you...

Quote Originally Posted by Fnx- View Post
    There is a link to 3.0 at the top.
    It doesn't work...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Magdalena View Post
    The link doesn't work. I'll be very sad if all those old posts are gone :<
    They're not gone, but the thread is locked away, let me see what I can do.

I just did Grand Empress Shek'zeer on 10N - I see no reason why heroic wouldn't be doable, so I'll try that next week.

Also, I got the "Timing is Everything" achievement mid-fight - how is that possible? I thought you needed to kill Empress after you finished the criteria to get it?

And I'd love to see the 3.0 thread restored as well!
    Last edited by Ayrithiavia; 2015-07-02 at 12:36 AM.

Deleted
    3.0 is now visible to all users again by request, mionee's personal posts in the thread will not be.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1253745-The-DK-Solo-Thread-3-0

Update by thearken:

Changelog 02/07/2015 :
    Updated introduction text.
    Updated Gameplay section ( links as well )
    Deleted “Raise Dead” as Blood DK no longer have a ghoul
    Updated Talents section
    Deleted outdated strat to solo Valithria ( rip bloodworms )
    Updated Gear section
    Updated “Conclusion” section
    Last edited by mmoce994820d54; 2015-07-03 at 10:57 AM.

Would it be possible to make the old solo threads visible too? Without mionelol's posts ofc like on the 3? There's a link on the 3 for the 2 but it doesn't work.

Also you can mark primordius 25 as done, it was that "shadoweye" who soloed a lot of stuff first with breath including spirit kings 25 hc and endless damage 80 or so as blood, said primordius was easy somewhere in the solo thread 3.
    Last edited by Esploratore; 2015-07-04 at 04:02 PM.

Deleted
    Yeah, he'll probably do the same thing to the 2.0 thread as he did to the 3.0. Totally forgot I was also the one who made the 2.0 thread so we kinda skipped that.

Just curious, has anyone tried Durumu since the patch? I'm curious as to how much harder it is.

I added Primordius 25N, and Jin'rokh 25N/25H. In 6.2 it seems they changed it to no longer reset when he throws you without a guardian active, so 25N/25H are doable, 25H being a DPS check.

Alright so I don't raid much, although I try, but I'm hitting a wall when I feel I shouldn't be. I can get Heroic Garry to P3, but hit enrage, and I for some reason just can not down durumu even on normal mode.

What am I doing wrong? Should I be picking up dps gear as my gear of choice in PL raids? Am I missing some clear talent choice? Is it just my lack of MS? Is going for mastery just a foolish move?

For reference sake here's my armory
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...obright/simple

I really like solo'ing, but I just feel frustrated that I'm hitting some wall when I should be able to keep going. Any help would be appreciated!