Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Flamebender. Someone. At 733il got him to 51%, with more gear and only cleaving instead of focusing dogs should be doable before enrage at around 11.20

e: 62k dps on boss required to beat enrage.
    Last edited by mmocc7b0f56dc9; 2016-05-19 at 06:47 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    On the other, lower end of soloing - I've tried Durumu over and over, at my best getting him to 225k on my DK. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong - the spreadsheet says he should be doable at 675 ilvl or more, and here I am, with average ilvl 704, a 710 weapon, using the lust drums, and full consumables... failing on a DK where I can kill him without too much trouble now on a Warrior. I currently have mostly PVP crap - just like on my Warrior. Do I just need better trinkets, the Str DPS proc from the upgraded ring, or moar Death Strikes for damage? Living isn't the problem any more - it's DPS.

I mean, I got lucky with a random drop from another boss for the DK tier shoulders, but considering I am seriously wanting to switch from Warrior to DK in Legion... this is sort of embarrassing and doesn't give me great confidence for the transition.

I don't have the Multi to use BoS properly(~2500 is what I want I think), and I don't really know how to use it optimally either.
    Last edited by Freedom; 2016-05-25 at 02:49 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    On the other, lower end of soloing - I've tried Durumu over and over, at my best getting him to 225k on my DK. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong - the spreadsheet says he should be doable at 675 ilvl or more, and here I am, with average ilvl 704, a 710 weapon, using the lust drums, and full consumables... failing on a DK where I can kill him without too much trouble now on a Warrior. I currently have mostly PVP crap - just like on my Warrior. Do I just need better trinkets, the Str DPS proc from the upgraded ring, or moar Death Strikes for damage? Living isn't the problem any more - it's DPS.

I mean, I got lucky with a random drop from another boss for the DK tier shoulders, but considering I am seriously wanting to switch from Warrior to DK in Legion... this is sort of embarrassing and doesn't give me great confidence for the transition.

I don't have the Multi to use BoS properly(~2500 is what I want I think), and I don't really know how to use it optimally either.
    You have about 2.3k multistrike with food buffs so you're fine to use BoS. This is a good place to practice!

Aside from that, not totally sure how to help you, though. Doing more DPS is just a matter of playing better (this could just be an issue of resource management, that's fairly common for DKs in general). It most likely is doable in your gear, though the on-use PvP vers trinket doesn't help matters (you can acquire better trinkets from BRF/HFC fairly easily through pugs nowadays).

You can fish for the RNG with very little multi, if you just wanna kill him for the sake of it, will probably come down to just using breath, or as they said resource management in general. Could always try and log your attempts to see where you are going wrong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by enak101 View Post
    You can fish for the RNG with very little multi, if you just wanna kill him for the sake of it, will probably come down to just using breath, or as they said resource management in general. Could always try and log your attempts to see where you are going wrong.
    Does wcl work on old content? Tried once in ulduar but wasnt succesful.

As far as I know it should work fine but I can't recall last time I bothered to try to do that. 1 shotting bosses in ulduar (or just the dmg multiplier in general might mess with things or couldve been anything i guess, MOP content should work fine)

Deleted
    As far as I know it should work fine but I can't recall last time I bothered to try to do that. 1 shotting bosses in ulduar (or just the dmg multiplier in general might mess with things or couldve been anything i guess, MOP content should work fine)
    Yeah i was having fun on my lvl80 dk there

10+ Year Old Account
    I tried BoS out today on the demon elites near Kazzak, and I was able to keep it up for 20 sec maximum, usually 15 sec, without the food buff and needing to keep myself topped off. Are you supposed to be able to keep it up all the time with enough multi, or is, say, 30 seconds good?

All that said unless I get something major like getting rid of the god damn PVP trinkets(Kazzak gave me Mark of Supreme Doom and not the good one for my first kill -_-) I probably won't try again until I feel comfortable with BoS and have time. Possibly even prepatch - that mog will be there forever, and most of the stuff will be shared with my warrior.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

If you can pug some BRF for the vial from maidens would be a nice pickup for your breath, I think something like 20 seconds uptime would still be ok dmg in comparison to like defile. But yea as you say not the end of the world.

any tips for lei shi? or is it completely luck/rng based? or do I just suck?
    ilvl 695
    (normal mode)

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rarhyx View Post
    any tips for lei shi? or is it completely luck/rng based? or do I just suck?
    ilvl 695
    (normal mode)
    Lei Shi is basically an RNG fest, yes, though you have more than enough gear. Use Lichborne if you aren't already, and make sure that you actually let your stacks drop during Get Away. I'm not sure how long it takes you to push each transition, but remember to save some CDs, potion, or bloodlust drums for the <20% phase to finish that as quickly as possible (ideally she shouldn't do a special phase during this time on 10N with your gear).

To solo Cata raids do i need to be in blood or can i just faceroll it ? My DK is around 660 ilvl.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerdpride View Post
    To solo Cata raids do i need to be in blood or can i just faceroll it ? My DK is around 660 ilvl.
    Should be able to faceroll.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphie View Post
    Should be able to faceroll.
    Facerolled 10 Heroic Descent, Bastion and Firelands. Thanks!
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerdpride View Post
    Facerolled 10 Heroic Descent, Bastion and Firelands. Thanks!
    Only Cata raid that may be difficult with low dps is Dragon Soul due to Ultraxion's mechanic. He sends a few people into the void realm, and if you're the only one in the raid whem he does so, he'll reset. Should be doable with any amount of HFC gear, but early WoD I couldn't make the DPS check at or below 640ilvl).
    B.Net: Tehr#1477 | Discord: Tehr#5246 | Stream | Guild Website | List of characters
    Raid CD Tracker (#1 on wago.io): Tehr's RaidCDs, ExternalCDs, UtilityCDs, ImmunityCDs, AoECCs, RezCDs, & Interrupts

Quote Originally Posted by Tehr View Post
    Only Cata raid that may be difficult with low dps is Dragon Soul due to Ultraxion's mechanic. He sends a few people into the void realm, and if you're the only one in the raid whem he does so, he'll reset. Should be doable with any amount of HFC gear, but early WoD I couldn't make the DPS check at or below 640ilvl).
    Soloed him already. Only had a few issues on Spine because i'm stupid and kept falling.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehr View Post
    Only in 25-man.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arctagon View Post
    Only in 25-man.
    I think I was doing heroic anyway for the mount, but the point remains that he's likely the only boss you theoretically couldn't do.
    B.Net: Tehr#1477 | Discord: Tehr#5246 | Stream | Guild Website | List of characters
    Raid CD Tracker (#1 on wago.io): Tehr's RaidCDs, ExternalCDs, UtilityCDs, ImmunityCDs, AoECCs, RezCDs, & Interrupts

Tried to solo Mythic Auchindoun yesterday as I remember seeing some say it was one of the easier mythics. Did not go well to say the least. The first two trash packs wrecked me. I wiped I think four times before getting the first pack down, and several more times on the second pack and gave up after missing an interrupt on void shell.

My gear isn't anything special, about 706 ilvl, but I thought I'd do better against trash than that. I was getting 1/4 - 1/2 of my health chunked every 1.5-2GCD. Am I missing something basic on these trash packs?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Blackrock Foundry nerf (didn't check Highmaul, but it probably applies to that as well) was increased from 20% to 35% on beta. I'm not sure if bosses like Gruul would be doable even with this in the pre-patch (considering Blood's lower ST DPS without Breath), but I'd be interested to see how some other bosses would work out.
    Last edited by Khiyone; 2016-06-26 at 10:38 PM.