Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Timewalking - Having fun?

So, the TW weekend started today at 00.01 and figured a thread to collect impressions would be a good idea.

As soon as the clock hit the above time i logged 2 alts and did, in total, 5 of them.

Now, given that this feature is seen as a catch up mechanic - bosses award 660 gear - and a nostalgic trip, one cannot expect much, difficulty wise.

Yet, id still be careful on some trash in certain instances. While not the same, Shattered Halls trash was still hitting quite hard.

As far as gear goes, one secondary stat pieces arent exaclty attractive, at least not all the crit gear i was getting on my prot warr.

And what about you guys?

Except for the later Arcatraz and Mana Tomb trash, it was absolutely disappointing for me. Bosses hit for nothing, who cares for CC if you can chainpull like every other instance and the Medivh instance (don't know the english name) is a complete joke.
    I know, i shouldn't expect much out of this, but hell, atleast they could have scaled up the bosses's HP to make the fights longer. Barely took us a minute to kill all of them, so sometimes we couldn't even see the old mechanics (Quaggmiran died before casting his acid shower thingy for example).
    Sry 4 bad english if present :P

Derp outgearing content designed to gear up casuals with bad gear, derp, qqing that content is too esy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bathrezz View Post
    Derp outgearing content designed to gear up casuals with bad gear, derp, qqing that content is too esy.
    Well considering all our ilvls are 95... not sure how the outgearing thing works.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aori View Post
    Well considering all our ilvls are 95... not sure how the outgearing thing works.
    A minimal amount of preparation with old socketed gear and/or legendaries will result in severe outgearing.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

Only because I can actually use Warglaives and other old items. Makes it way more fun than it actually is because of how dumbed down and easy it is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aori View Post
    Combination of past expansion gear. The procs and stats scale way to well on a lower level. With certain items equipped, as a Rogue, you can kill packs in 1second with Blade Flurry.

Deleted
    They're way too easy, but keep it like that since you need to do 5 to obtain the extra coin.

(Warlock scaling is broke, they oneshot everything pretty much)

Too faceroll to be actually fun imho.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Only because I can actually use Warglaives and other old items. Makes it way more fun than it actually is because of how dumbed down and easy it is.

- - - Updated - - -

Combination of past expansion gear. The procs and stats scale way to well on a lower level. With certain items equipped, as a Rogue, you can kill packs in 1second with Blade Flurry.
    I have every melee lego, and it still sucks. As a warrior, we lost 90% of our god damn haste, making the class unbearable to play.

10+ Year Old Account
    When this was announced, i argued that if they werent similar to how they used to be, theyd be a let down.

But i understand thay theyd be there to help gearing up as well.

Gonna build up a Timewalking BiS set ... MoP legendary cape, Tarecgosa staff, best combination of 2+2 set bonuses (or a given 4 set if it's better than, say, a BC 2-set + a MoP 2-set) and trinkets from BC to WoD
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    It feels like someone dropped roadroller on my nostalgia. Why did they had to butcher my memories of shattered halls.

Personally never liked TBC content, so i'm automatically biased

- Too easy
    - 660 gear is immediately made redundant by how stupidly easy Flex BRF is and the fact that you can get 675 and 695 epics from tanaan as well as 670 ilvl pvp gear for honor

Deleted
    If anything they just tore my already broken rose tinted goggles to shreds about nostalgia. I was reminded of how faceroll easy they were back then and how you'd be in the same group of 5 optimized players few-shotting enemies.. When I used to think back I'd always remember the challenging runs with mostly sub-par players and completely non-optimal specs (like running with a shockadin as DPS) and how awesome that felt.

All Timewalker did was remind me of the snoozefest the dungeons were when everyone knew what they were doing and had atleast Kara or better gear and just few-shotted everything..

I suppose if Timewalking was intended to let us relive the moments of the past without the rose tinted goggles on, it did what it set out to accomplish. I had forgotten how lame TBC dungeons were when optimized -_-"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasperio View Post
    If anything they just tore my already broken rose tinted goggles to shreds about nostalgia. I was reminded of how faceroll easy they were back then and how you'd be in the same group of 5 optimized players few-shotting enemies.. When I used to think back I'd always remember the challenging runs with mostly sub-par players and completely non-optimal specs (like running with a shockadin as DPS) and how awesome that felt.

All Timewalker did was remind me of the snoozefest the dungeons were when everyone knew what they were doing and had atleast Kara or better gear and just few-shotted everything..

I suppose if Timewalking was intended to let us relive the moments of the past without the rose tinted goggles on, it did what it set out to accomplish. I had forgotten how lame TBC dungeons were when optimized -_-"
    Is all gear put to a set ilvl?

For example, can you wear a mix of level 70 greens and blues which will be below the ilvl it is set at (I think 95).

You are not going to get the TBC experience if you are at the max ilvl. They were fairly challenging when you were in poor gear (were never hard), now you are replaying them at a high ilvl.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Is all gear put to a set ilvl?

For example, can you wear a mix of level 70 greens and blues which will be below the ilvl it is set at (I think 95).

You are not going to get the TBC experience if you are at the max ilvl. They were fairly challenging when you were in poor gear (were never hard), now you are replaying them at a high ilvl.

The only thing I remember making these even remotely difficult was the class mechanics that just didn't really support quality function. You had certain specs and classes that were all but utterly worthless and some of the instances required a paladin tank early on to make it smooth due to the clunkiness of AE tanking for the other tanks((I'm not saying it couldn't be done with other tanks, just that some of those instances were made way easier with one).

With all of the new mechanics and toys of course they're going to be stupidly easy. Though I think they could still be a fun alt catch up mechanic, not great but fun.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasperio View Post

Either you are trolling or you never did those heroics in their prenerfed state.

A bunch of succubi one shot my party, nerf plz.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oggokogok View Post
    The only thing I remember making these even remotely difficult was the class mechanics that just didn't really support quality function. You had certain specs and classes that were all but utterly worthless and some of the instances required a paladin tank early on to make it smooth due to the clunkiness of AE tanking for the other tanks((I'm not saying it couldn't be done with other tanks, just that some of those instances were made way easier with one).

With all of the new mechanics and toys of course they're going to be stupidly easy. Though I think they could still be a fun alt catch up mechanic, not great but fun.
    I've not tried them myself yet, will tonight or tomorrow. I'm not expecting any challenge either, I don't know why people are really... The dungeons were always faceroll with gear, and as you said, a poor tank who can't aoe tank, would put extra strain on his healer when we were in greens/blue gear (or naxx!). Those days are long gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Haywire5714 View Post
    A bunch of succubi one shot my party, nerf plz.
    So it's fair to say you got whipped? :3

Sorry, couldn't resist.