Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    I think the only way you're going to get difficulty is if they went back and actually added some mechanics to the bosses, and only the bosses.
    Mechanics are fine. It#s the number tuning that is off.
    They need to make the mechanics actually dangerous.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebalina View Post
    Do not like the fact they are mandatory to do 5 times a week.

Also no they are a snore fest at best pulling whole rooms without any problem of dying.
    Yes this also can be done from people with lesser gear then your average 690-700ilvl runners because classes are way too powerful then they once used to be.
    They aren't mandatory to do 5 times a week. If they were I wouldn't like the feature, but it isn't.

These 'events' happen every weekend and there are something like 5-6 of them that they cycle through every single weekend. When Monday turns around timewalking event will be gone, and next Friday we will get a new event, but it won't be the time walking event. 5-6 weeks later we will get timewalking again but this time it will be the WoTLK ones.

They are on a rotating schedule, will go through all of them and they are meant to give you a reason to play each weekend for each particular bonus. One gives a bonus roll, one gives a heroic HFC cache, one is pet related, and one is PvP related IIRC.

I really don't think the mechanics are fine. Some of the bosses are just incredibly simplistic by today's standards, and only some of the trash is remotely dangerous (namely, half of Arcatraz). Mana tombs would be dangerous if it was actual dangerous damage, but all they do is CC you.

Granted some of the bosses do have interesting mechanics and would only need a numbers pass virtue of making them live a lot longer. This would allow you to see their abilities for longer. The first boss in mana tombs use to be fairly brutal, considering the reflection shields would destroy people if they didn't stop attacking.

It's a mixture really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Unlike the garrisons, I'm not sure these are manditory. If they are please explain. I was worried from the start these would end up undertuned. They are such a side content thing, I think the dev preferred to error on the side of too easy instead of too hard due to the general complaints and demands to fix them they would've gotten.
    I think they give you a bonus roll thingy in raids.

Anyway, you can't do them 5 times a week, only 5 times every 7-8 weeks.

Way way too easy to be any kind of fun. From start til finish u never stop running and just pulling mobs/bosses on the way and kill them while running.

Double the damage all mobs do, and triple the health and maybe we can start talking about fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unlike the garrisons, I'm not sure these are manditory. If they are please explain.
    5 dungeons = 1 bonus roll.

Apparently getting 30 golds with a chance at a current raid item is "mandatory" these days.

Gee how did we raid before Bonus rolls were conceived?

Quote Originally Posted by willemh View Post
    You're so wrong it hurts. TBC heroics in pre-raid gear were SIGNIFICANTLY harder then any dungeon of todays standards. If a tank would tank 2 'big mobs' or 4-5 'lesser mobs' without CC he could easily just get 1-shot. If you would ninjapull something it would instantly be GG because there was no way on earth the tank would ever be able to get threat again. Hell you had to have your eyes on KLHThreatmeter as a dps all dungeon long because 1 wrong move and you would get 1 shot because you overagroed.

CC and Threat are 2 factors that if introduced in todays dungeons would cause complete chaos and make dungeons a LOT harder.

And if you honestly argue that heroic shadowlabyrint/arcantraz/shattered halls were similar in difficulty as todays dungeons you're completely out of your mind in my eyes.
    True. Remember the two bog lords in Underbog right before the first boss? If you pulled both of those at the same time, just give up and let them pound you. Same with the mobs after you went up the stairs in Setthek Halls - I forget what they were called, but they were really difficult. And take my word for it - as a warrior tank in BC, when they nerfed Thunderclap to only hit four or five mobs, and then gave us seven in most pulls, it was horrible. Towards the end of BC, everyone was looking for paladin tanks. Warriors only got a chance when they couldn't find a paladin.

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    They aren't mandatory to do 5 times a week. If they were I wouldn't like the feature, but it isn't.

These 'events' happen every weekend and there are something like 5-6 of them that they cycle through every single weekend. When Monday turns around timewalking event will be gone, and next Friday we will get a new event, but it won't be the time walking event. 5-6 weeks later we will get timewalking again but this time it will be the WoTLK ones.

They are on a rotating schedule, will go through all of them and they are meant to give you a reason to play each weekend for each particular bonus. One gives a bonus roll, one gives a heroic HFC cache, one is pet related, and one is PvP related IIRC.

I really don't think the mechanics are fine. Some of the bosses are just incredibly simplistic by today's standards, and only some of the trash is remotely dangerous (namely, half of Arcatraz). Mana tombs would be dangerous if it was actual dangerous damage, but all they do is CC you.

Granted some of the bosses do have interesting mechanics and would only need a numbers pass virtue of making them live a lot longer. This would allow you to see their abilities for longer. The first boss in mana tombs use to be fairly brutal, considering the reflection shields would destroy people if they didn't stop attacking.

It's a mixture really.
    Unless the extra roll quest is one time thing then they are mandatory each week.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    5 dungeons = 1 bonus roll.

Apparently getting 30 golds with a chance at a current raid item is "mandatory" these days.

Gee how did we raid before Bonus rolls were conceived?
    We raided just fine without it.
    When blizzard introduced it they made it mandatory like it or not it is a fact every raider worth their salt even if they are raiding normal shouldn't pass on items that can increase hes chances of faster progression gear wise if you think otherwise then you are deluding your self quite big.

hmm, if they give an extra roll token, then I do see why these might be seen as mandatory. I didn't know that.
    Last edited by slime; 2015-06-26 at 01:43 PM.

Nope, not having fun. They are snooze fest, at the level of MoP scenarios. Best option would be to queue with 5 dps. Having a lot more fun in mythic dungeons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebalina View Post
    Unless the extra roll quest is one time thing then they are mandatory each week.
    I believe you can get the extra roll quest every time that they do a Timewalking event but from what I understand they aren't going to be every week. They are going to rotate them with some of the other stuff they have planned so I think it should only be every 5-6 weekends. It does feel mandatory for anyone who takes raiding seriously, especially at the start of a tier where an extra roll for everyone can be very helpful, but having to do it every several weeks really isn't that bad in my opinion.

If I'm wrong and this is a weekly thing, then it will quickly feel like a chore.

hmm, if they give an extra roll token, then I do see why these might be seen as mandartory. I didn't know that.
    Just out side your garrison main building there's a mob who gives you a quest to do 5 of them and gain one of the new seals "fate something something" as a reward for completing 5 of them.

Deleted
    Some of the 1 stat items you get are actually really nice for cms.

It's easy but I'm cool with it, just wanted the bonus coin quickly

Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness View Post
    I believe you can get the extra roll quest every time that they do a Timewalking event but from what I understand they aren't going to be every week. They are going to rotate them with some of the other stuff they have planned so I think it should only be every 5-6 weekends. It does feel mandatory for anyone who takes raiding seriously, especially at the start of a tier where an extra roll for everyone can be very helpful, but having to do it every several weeks really isn't that bad in my opinion.

If I'm wrong and this is a weekly thing, then it will quickly feel like a chore.
    Well hopefuly its like every 2 weeks or so it will still be a chore but less of a one i guess.

I'm unsure what gear is scaling atm. My cloak worked, saw that, but cunning was a no-go, which was sad.

Had they been tuned a bit harder, it could have been a lot of fun, rolling with old tier bonuses and old trinkets :/

You can view it on the calendar. We won't be getting it for another 7 weeks, this particular TBC timewalk event anyway. There's 2 timewalks and 1 dungeon event to care about for pve purposes

Quote Originally Posted by Kasperio View Post
    What kind of nonsense is that? I'm sorry, did you get your nostalgia jimmies rustled? I can assure you I not only did them in my greens back then I never had a wipe in any of the dungeons during the TBC era. I -loved- them, as most people did, but only because we didn't have anything better at the time.
    "Never had a wipe..." uh, okay.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasperio View Post
    What kind of nonsense is that? I'm sorry, did you get your nostalgia jimmies rustled? I can assure you I not only did them in my greens back then I never had a wipe in any of the dungeons during the TBC era. I -loved- them, as most people did, but only because we didn't have anything better at the time.

What we percieved as 'challenging' back then is what we today consider facerollingly easy. For starters, it's impossible to have a determinedly 'wrong' spec these days, there's very few 'bad' choices and you have to deliberately work hard to be as bad as what an average player was back then.

The idea that they were difficult or challenging is a false perception of truth. As was mentioned before, class mechanics was the largest hinderance and bringing the wrong specs and people to a dungeon was obviously going to make it more challenging. Bringing good players made them far easier than dungeons are today by modern standards. And modern dungeons are by NO means difficult either.

Vanilla had challenging dungeons by default as their learning curve was trial-and-error progression and your party compositions often were terrible unless surrounded by keen players. TBC was FAR easier than Vanilla in that you had HAD the time to learn your classes and there was no excuse for just being bad - yet people still were.

When you think back at old TBC dungeons and if you at ANY point consider them to have been difficult or challenging, you or your team were bad or downright doing it wrong. Really, really wrong.

I was by far the WORST player in my dungeon group for heroics (Running regularly) but even I was running with the most optimal spec and our party composition was perfect. The only times I remember the TBC dungeons being difficult in restrospect was when running with absolute idiots or non optimized specced players (Shockadins for one as DPSers.. *Shudders).

Before Timewalking, I'd remember the 'bad' groups and think "Hey, TBC was atleast somewhat challenging". Timewalker dungeons has reminded me that no, no they were not.

TL;DR:

If you had trouble with TBC dungeons and heroics, you were a bad player OR everyone else in your party was. They were NOT hard...
    I did a few TBC heroics, in the state they were on release, not 3 weeks ago, so nostalgia hardly affects my view of what they were like. Your post just further proves you either have bad memory, or did not play them before they were nerfed (which they continuously were throughout the expansion).
    If you would like to know what they were actually like, the server I played on will hold another test in about a week. I'm willing to bet you would not be able to clear Shattered halls or Arcatraz hc in your greens without any wipes, as you claim to have done.

Do you still get a hfc cache?

Only thing worthwhile from them is the seal you get for completing 5 of them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Do you still get a hfc cache?
    That's the dungeon event for doing mythic dungeons.