Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Riphie, I like how your shaman gives a "not found" message, says a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea even the great Arold doesn't play his Shaman anymore because they are so terrible

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kissthebaby View Post
    Yea even the great Arold doesn't play his Shaman anymore because they are so terrible
    It's kinda funny how all we've seen was a nerf for 6.2. Not even a necessary nerf because we were performing so well but a "just in case" nerf. Elemental Shamans seem to be the PvP of classes right now in how we're treated and viewed. Apparently unless all of us stop playing they'll delude themselves into thinking we're fine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by riphie View Post
    You just proved it. Thanks.
    You dont get it. I'm not angry or something because he does less content now, things change in life - no problem. The thing is, he tries to make fun of people tweeting him.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Riphie, I like how your shaman gives a "not found" message, says a lot.
    Yup says a lot about not prioritising updating my MMO-C forum signature after transferring to another realm. Thanks for pointing it out tho.

It's kinda funny how all we've seen was a nerf for 6.2. Not even a necessary nerf because we were performing so well but a "just in case" nerf. Elemental Shamans seem to be the PvP of classes right now in how we're treated and viewed. Apparently unless all of us stop playing they'll delude themselves into thinking we're fine.
    That's the thing though, I see everywhere people saying that Shamans need a complete overhaul, but am I the only one that REALLY enjoys playing Elemental? I find the rotation flows very well, it's simple but I enjoy it, I've tried playing my other alts but I always come back to my shammy. I'm not in any world first guilds so not pulling enough numbers won't get me benched, but it sure does demoralize me a bit...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonlily View Post
    That's the thing though, I see everywhere people saying that Shamans need a complete overhaul, but am I the only one that REALLY enjoys playing Elemental? I find the rotation flows very well, it's simple but I enjoy it, I've tried playing my other alts but I always come back to my shammy. I'm not in any world first guilds so not pulling enough numbers won't get me benched, but it sure does demoralize me a bit...
    That is the point, but you dont have to be in WF guild to get benched as Elemental Shaman. WF guilds, or top 50 just dont bring any Elemental Shaman in the first place. Just look at Archimonde, unlike Blackhand (who wasnt great or bad as Ele), at Archimonde you'll be outright the worst option as Ele. There's no possibility you could justify bringing an Elemental to that fight. Not on heroic, and I doubt mythic will change something about it.

Deleted
    na I really enjoy playing elemental, it's just not optimal to bring elementals on pretty much every fight. We don't need an "overhaul", we need more tools and small buffs.

Deleted
    This tier made me finally bench my Elemental, the first tier ever I'm not playing it (unless something changes). I'll better put all the Mail gear on a Hunter. The 2-3 early gimmick bosses just cannot justify an Elemental spot for mythic raiding, and yes, heroic Archimonde is hell as Elemental.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Microchaton View Post
    na I really enjoy playing elemental, it's just not optimal to bring elementals on pretty much every fight. We don't need an "overhaul", we need more tools and small buffs.
    I guess we've to determine what "overhaul" means for everybody. What we certainly need was already posted countless times since MoP beta, but Watcher prefers to focus on totems rather than fixing the main issues.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonlily View Post
    Look that's fine and all but elemental is performing atrocious in PvP, seems to be heading there in PvE also, it's slow, clunky and outright annoying. Seriously my hunter who has far worse gear is breezing through Tanaan easily, often times the biggest issue being not having enough stuff to make barrage worthwhile. On my shaman it's painful.

You might like it, many others don't and especially those who'd like to be competitive often don't.

Deleted
    Look that's fine and all but elemental is performing atrocious in PvP, seems to be heading there in PvE also, it's slow, clunky and outright annoying. Seriously my hunter who has far worse gear is breezing through Tanaan easily, often times the biggest issue being not having enough stuff to make barrage worthwhile. On my shaman it's painful.

You might like it, many others don't and especially those who'd like to be competitive often don't.
    Try it as balance druid. At the docks you can literally pull the whole zones, pop up Guardian and the outpost artillery perk and 80% of the objective is done in like 10 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Epsi View Post
    You dont get it. I'm not angry or something because he does less content now, things change in life - no problem. The thing is, he tries to make fun of people tweeting him.
    So does everyone else that TCs for the most part. They all hate repeat questions, and shit that you can find using Google. Or in your case, looking at the simple values associated with the different stats.

If you think you can do better, do it. If not, maybe make a polite suggestion, because he's doing this shit for free. If you don't want to do either of those, then just shut up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Markooo View Post
    So does everyone else that TCs for the most part. They all hate repeat questions, and shit that you can find using Google. Or in your case, looking at the simple values associated with the different stats.

If you think you can do better, do it. If not, maybe make a polite suggestion, because he's doing this shit for free. If you don't want to do either of those, then just shut up.
    Being polite and respect is a two way street. And he has a patron site, where people donate real life money - good manners could be expected.
    Last edited by mmoc59b5827c7e; 2015-06-29 at 04:34 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Try it as balance druid. At the docks you can literally pull the whole zones, pop up Guardian and the outpost artillery perk and 80% of the objective is done in like 10 seconds.
    Yeah, it's a bit absurd seeing how I breeze through things on other classes and how painful it is on shaman. For some reason we also seem to take extreme ammounts of damage and I'm baffled by that. Healing stream totem does nothing, heck often it heals some random guy who's nearly at full hp if he's to close by rather than myself and healing wave also heals for very little.

I really wish they'd give us class change, so I can take my reputations/achievment points (22k~ of my 23k on that char) with me and play a properly working class.)

Deleted
    I'm not sure what the fuck you're doing with your shaman then, a well geared elemental can easily clear packs of elites, the only annoying ones are the guys who bump you in throne if you pull more than one at a time. It's definitely not as good as some classes to solo shit, but it's hardly crippling. Use your spells.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Microchaton View Post
    I'm not sure what the fuck you're doing with your shaman then, a well geared elemental can easily clear packs of elites, the only annoying ones are the guys who bump you in throne if you pull more than one at a time. It's definitely not as good as some classes to solo shit, but it's hardly crippling. Use your spells.
    You certainly cant solo packs of elite mobs, atleast not in 707 ilvl gear. You slowly die cause you cant both, heal yourself up and deal enought damage. Taking away Spellpower also didnt help with soloing.

Quote Originally Posted by Epsi View Post
    Just shut the fuck up, please. You can talk like this to your parents, or whoever. I donated to him on his patron website, I have all rights in the world to be upset. But he doesnt just retire, or does less content - he tries to insult the people who tweet him.
    I'm sorry, but that Patreon has never been about an "entitlement" to the TheoryCraft stuff I do for WoW. If that was the case I would take the advice (semi in jest) and set up a paid access only site for posting things. The patreon was purely intended as a "hey, if you like what I do and want to send a few $ my way, here's how to do it", especially since I've probably spent 40+ hours working on 6.2 stuff so far.

In fact, nobody in the WoW community has any entitlement, expectation or demand on any work that I do. If you feel that the patreon somehow infers that, please feel free to cancel your contribution (and I'd do it now before the end-of-the-month processing kicks in too).

As for the item optimisation stuff, like many other Theorycrafters, I feel that people spend too much time focusing on their "optimal" set rather than whether items that have currently dropped are an upgrade over what you currently have. This is why, as per my usual methods, I try to make the information available for you to make your own choices. As to the weapon conversation earlier, it's impractical to optimise a 1H/OH vs 2H comparison as it entirely depends on whether you have a good 1H or OH as to whether a 2H is an upgrade (plus there are many more people who could benefit from the 2H than 1H Maces). Also, Edict of Argus beats Voidcore Greatstaff by roughly 2.67% because Edict is a 2:1 Haste/Mastery item, with 5 ilvls on Voidcore, which is a 1:2 Haste/Multistrike item, and while Mastery is listed as being ~65% of Multistrike, Haste is ~97.6% of Multistrike and the additional 19 Int more than makes up the difference. If you doubt the calculations feel free to copy the spreadsheet and look at it yourself to confirm what it is showing.

Being polite and respect is a two way street. And he has a patron site, where people donate real life money - good manners could be expected.
    Yes, yes it is. I would like you to apply that same logic to your own posts, and see whether they match up to the standards that you expect of me. Please note that this post may appear combative/inflammatory, but I did not intend for it to appear that way (I mostly blame how I think/write). In fact, I could go so far as to say that people like yourself & Epsi are a large part of the reason why many players dislike this forum, and want to avoid it as much as possible. You only get out what you put in, as they say.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by binkenstein View Post
    Yes, yes it is. I would like you to apply that same logic to your own posts, and see whether they match up to the standards that you expect of me. Please note that this post may appear combative/inflammatory, but I did not intend for it to appear that way (I mostly blame how I think/write). In fact, I could go so far as to say that people like yourself & Epsi are a large part of the reason why many players dislike this forum, and want to avoid it as much as possible. You only get out what you put in, as they say.
    There's a difference between people writing on your twitter page, asking for help and me, who combats people's opinion on how great Elemental is currently. One of the differencies is, that I couldnt care less about what you or anyone else thinks about me while I argue over Shaman things. God, I'd fall in deep depressions if I wouldnt be so cold on this matter. But on the other hand, I (probably) know how you feel currently with your private problems and the best thing would be really retiring from public for some time. You dont do anyone a favour, especially your own health, if you keep it up like you did before.
    Last edited by mmoc59b5827c7e; 2015-06-29 at 09:41 PM.

But on the other hand, I (probably) know how you feel currently with your private problems and the best thing would be really retiring from public for some time. You dont do anyone a favour, especially your own health, if you keep it up like you did before.
    I'm cutting back on a lot of things at the moment, and hopefully once I get a few more guide updates sorted over the next week or two there won't be much more required (unless there's hotfixes/patches that give us some buffs for a change)

Deleted
    From yesterdays interview of Vanion.eu (german fansite) with Watcher:

Quote Originally Posted by Vanion.eu with Watcher
    In der nächsten Woche werden werden erst einmal keine größeren Klassenänderungen mehr kommen. Blizzard schaut sich jedoch einige Gegenstände und Set Bonis aus der Höllenfeuerzitadelle genauer an.

No big class changes planned for the next week. Blizzard will be obversing HFC sets and items closely, tho.
    Maybe I'm missing some context here.

Quote Originally Posted by June 29 Hotfixes
    Glyph of Ghostly Speed should no longer incorrectly trigger its movement speed increase while in combat.
    Glad they took they time to fix this one.
    Last edited by mmoc59b5827c7e; 2015-06-30 at 08:13 AM.