6,2, what garrison setup would be best for goldmaking?

So after 6,2 patch release what would be best setup in garrison focusing on making money? I have now:
    Large: Barracks, War Mill,
    Medium: Barn, Trading post,
    Small: enchanting/tailoring + salvage yard.

Would spirit lodge be better than war mill? I still dont have all geared followers. Frostwolf tavern worth taking after 6,2 (dont have followers with treasue hunter traits)? I had break in WoW and Im really not sure what to pick.

Great questions, I'm very interested in people's opinions on this as well.

I'm seriously considering getting the Mage Tower / Spirit Lodge instead of Dwarven Bunker / War Mill. I no longer need the follower gear all my followers are max ilvl epic. But I will lose the free token... which means spending an extra 2000 apexis crystals each week. (as I see it 1000 Garrison resources for a token is WAY too much, just I can buy 250 dust or ore and sell for minimum 2g each, so worth 500g) Apexis crystals are hard to monetize and seemingly in limitless supply what with all the stuff in Tanaan.

Anyway, I still think salvage yard is a must as is the Inn.

I recently got rid of my War Mill for a Spirit Lodge, for a few reasons. One, work completion orders for the shipyard. Two, apexis crystal work orders are pretty easy to keep maxed out if you spend 30 minutes every couple of days farming waystones.

Also, I got rid of my Tavern for a Lumber Mill, as the Shipyard takes a large amount of increased resources for attachments and such.

Quote Originally Posted by Forde View Post
    I recently got rid of my War Mill for a Spirit Lodge, for a few reasons. One, work completion orders for the shipyard. Two, apexis crystal work orders are pretty easy to keep maxed out if you spend 30 minutes every couple of days farming waystones.

Also, I got rid of my Tavern for a Lumber Mill, as the Shipyard takes a large amount of increased resources for attachments and such.
    Even with the gold nerf, I can't see shipyard missions ever being as lucrative as garrison missions. While I too am interested in getting the Work Completion Orders to speed up the missions, I just can't see giving up the extra treasure missions you get from the Inn/Tavern. I see your point about wanting/needing more GR but I'm already hard pressed to spend them now, and I certainly won't spend 1000 GR just so I can do a two day mission for 100 gold... right now the missions I see from shipyard so far aren't terribly lucrative.

Now I do want to continue my Legendary ring quest as quickly as possible so hence the need for the Work Completion Orders, but I'm still more focused on gold for the Garrison than anything else.

Deleted
    Large

Barracks for the bodyguard and increased follower count.
    Spirit Lodge for the Apexis Crystals (going for the 150k mount), the Rune of Power buff, and Mission Completion token thingies.

Medium

Trading Post
    Gladiator's Sanctum (for the achievements and HP, I run with the Inn instead on my alts)

Small

Warehouse
    Salvage Yard
    Enchanters Study

And how Gladiator Sanctum help make gold? Im asking about garrison focused on moneymaking, not buffs, achi etc.

I don't think we really know until we get a better understanding of how the accountwide gold mission stuff works; if the treasure hunting missions from the inn are now being 'shared' with every character on the account, it might not make much sense to have inns anymore.

I'm keeping my two barns, at least until I run through the large cages I had piled up. There's been a spike in the price of fur on my server this week, so that's been a nice little windfall.

You could consider dropping one of your smalls for a JC building; the dailies from it are decently lucrative. The enchanting building isn't too profitable at this point unless you're absolutely rolling in dust for some reason

ed: I also think dropping the barracks is worth considering; without the gold from cache missions there's less need for highly specialized treasure hunters (although if your followers aren't on lock with upgrades/traits yet, probably keep it)
    Last edited by Cheze; 2015-06-26 at 05:23 PM.

Nothing have really changed, except that gold missions are being nerfed in a couple of ways - there are less followers to send now, so way less income from triple treasure huntards; also, 225g and 100g missions appear much rarer than they were pre-patch; and 500g mission now is uber rare - I've never seen any of these playing for three days with 10 characters (before 6.2 got it at least on one of my characters once per day minimum). I won't comment about Blingtron's vault, because it was uber rare before 6.2, and it is even more uber rare now.

So, my setup is:

Big buildings: Barracks lvl3 (obviously, +5 followers is a huge bonus), and Mage Tower lvl3( because MT is super awesome, it gives instant completion missions, portals, apexis crystals and a 100% crit rune which helps a lot in Tanaan).

Medium buildings: Inn lvl3 (because gold missions, obviously) and Trade Post lvl3 (no need to explain, really).

Small buildings: I use enchanter's study and tailoring, to support my character; but, if you wish to have pure gold farming garrison setup, I'd build Jeveler's hut for daily, Inscription hut for daily and Salvage yard for free moneys.

Yes, Salvage yard, even after nerfs, still is better than any alternatives, because it still generates a lot of gold out of thin air.
    Last edited by l33t; 2015-06-26 at 05:49 PM.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Quote Originally Posted by Cheze View Post
    I don't think we really know until we get a better understanding of how the accountwide gold mission stuff works; if the treasure hunting missions from the inn are now being 'shared' with every character on the account, it might not make much sense to have inns anymore.

I'm keeping my two barns, at least until I run through the large cages I had piled up. There's been a spike in the price of fur on my server this week, so that's been a nice little windfall.

You could consider dropping one of your smalls for a JC building; the dailies from it are decently lucrative. The enchanting building isn't too profitable at this point unless you're absolutely rolling in dust for some reason

ed: I also think dropping the barracks is worth considering; without the gold from cache missions there's less need for highly specialized treasure hunters (although if your followers aren't on lock with upgrades/traits yet, probably keep it)
    I agree we don't really know yet, but so far from what I see, the treasure missions (thus the Inn) and indeed having multiple toons with multiple treasure hunters is still VERY lucrative. It's not the 8-10K gold per day average I was making from my four lvl 100 toons, but it's still a solid 3-4k gold per day. That's a game token every 6 to 9 days or so... which is pretty darn great. Let's just say the gold generation from the garrison is still way more (for next to no effort) than I spend.

I concur with JC daily. It's great.

There is still nothing else even remotely close to the Inn and treasure hunter gold generation. There is literally nothing to replace it with that will make you gold, so that in my books is a lock. Everyone interested in just gold generation, still needs the Inn and a significant number of treasure hunters (minimum 10 out of your 20/25 toons).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    Nothing have really changed, except that gold missions are being nerfed in a couple of ways - there are less followers to send now, so way less income from triple treasure huntards; also, 225g and 100g missions appear much rarer than they were pre-patch; and 500g mission now is uber rare - I've never seen any of these playing for three days with 10 characters (before 6.2 got it at least on one of my characters once per day minimum). I won't comment about Blingtron's vault, because it was uber rare before 6.2, and it is even more uber rare now.

So, my setup is:

Big buildings: Barracks lvl3 (obviously, +5 followers is a huge bonus), and Mage Tower lvl3( because MT is super awesome, it gives instant completion missions, portals, apexis crystals and a 100% crit rune which helps a lot in Tanaan).

Medium buildings: Inn lvl3 (because gold missions, obviously) and Trade Post lvl3 (no need to explain, really).

Small buildings: I use enchanter's study and tailoring, to support my character; but, if you wish to have pure gold farming garrison setup, I'd build Jeveler's hut for daily, Inscription hut for daily and Salvage yard for free moneys.

Yes, Salvage yard, even after nerfs, still is better than any alternatives, because it still generates a lot of gold out of thin air.
    I agree with everything here and feel it is the best set up as far as I know for now.
    Last edited by allgar; 2015-06-26 at 05:58 PM.

I agree that if you're talking about one character, an inn is the way to go. But if those missions are being affected by the accountwide lockout or whatever there could be diminishing returns for alts. Unfortunately the only real alternative (barn) requires you to farm, though