Page 1 of 94
... LastLast

Mafia 58: Whose Lynch Is It Anyway?

IF YOU ARE NOT PLAYING, PLEASE DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD. THANK YOU.

If you are interesting in playing in the next game or just checking out what this is all about, please head over to
    The Mafia Discussion Thread and check us out!

Background

In the late-1930s, Carl Fredricksen is a young 8-year-old boy who idolizes famous explorer Charles F. Muntz. Muntz has been accused of fabricating the skeleton of a giant bird he says that he discovered in Paradise Falls and vows to return there to catch one alive. One day Carl befriends a girl named Ellie, who is also a Muntz fan. She confides to Carl her desire to move her "clubhouse"—an abandoned house in the neighborhood—to a cliff overlooking Paradise Falls. Carl and Ellie eventually get married and grow old together in the restored house. Though they planned to have children together, Ellie is diagnosed as infertile. Carl therefore wants to fulfill their promise of travel to South America, repeatedly pooling their savings for a trip to Paradise Falls. An elderly Carl finally arranges for the trip, but Ellie suddenly becomes ill and dies.

Years later, Carl still lives in the house, even with his neighborhood getting take down by construction, but when he accidentally injures a construction worker over damage to his mailbox, a court orders him to move to a retirement home. However, Carl comes up with a scheme to keep his promise to Ellie—he turns his house into a makeshift airship, using thousands of helium balloons. Russell, a young Wilderness Explorer, becomes an accidental passenger in his effort to earn his final merit badge for assisting the elderly.

After surviving a thunderstorm, the flying house lands near a ravine facing Paradise Falls. Carl and Russell harness themselves to the still-buoyant house and begin to walk it around the ravine, hoping to reach the falls before all of the balloons deflate. They later befriend a tall, colorful flightless bird (whom Russell names "Kevin") trying to reach her chicks, followed by a dog named Dug, who wears a special collar that allows him to speak.

Carl and Russell encounter a pack of dogs led by Alpha and are taken to Dug's master, who turns out to be an elderly Charles Muntz. Muntz invites Carl and Russell aboard hisdirigible, the Spirit of Adventure, where he explains that he has spent years since his disgrace searching Paradise Falls for the giant bird. When Russell notes the bird's similarity to Kevin, Muntz then becomes hostile, mistakenly believing them to have been attempting to steal the bird, prompting the pair to flee with Kevin and Dug. Muntz catches up with them and starts a fire beneath Carl's house, forcing the old man to choose between saving it or Kevin. Carl rushes to put out the fire, allowing Muntz to take the bird. He eventually reaches the falls, though Russell is disappointed in Carl over his decision to abandon Kevin.

This seemingly long winded and completely random background is very important. It is a part of the special rules for this game. Here's how it's going to work: 1. Do not mention the existence of this paragraph in the game thread or any other thread you might have or bad things will happen to you. Even hinting at it probably isn't the best idea. 2. Each day will start off with a post of this variety. These posts are very important. If you can figure out the title of the movie, you'll be in much better shape. The title is going to tell you in which direction and how far votes are going to shift at the end of the day. The exact number of places they will move on the list of alive people will be based the number of words in the title. I would give you an example but that would give today's away wouldn't it? 3. Vote shifts will not occur in vote counts before the final one at the end of the day. Updated rule post can be found here.

Settling into his home, Carl looks through Ellie's childhood scrapbook and finds photos of their happy marriage added into it, along with a note from Ellie thanking him for the "adventure" and encouraging him to go have a new one. Reinvigorated, he goes to find Russell, only to see him sailing off with some balloons to save Kevin. Carl empties the house of furniture and possessions, lightening it, and pursues him.

Russell is captured by Muntz, but Carl manages to board the dirigible in flight and free both Russell and Kevin. Dug defeats Alpha and become the dogs' new leader. Muntz pursues them around the airship, finally cornering Dug, Kevin, and Russell inside Carl's tethered house. Carl lures Kevin out through a window and back onto the airship with Dug and Russell clinging to her back, just as Muntz is about to close in. Muntz leaps after them, only to snag his foot on some balloon lines and fall to his death. The house then descends out of sight through the clouds.

Carl and Russell reunite Kevin with her chicks, then fly the dirigible back to the city. Carl presents Russell with his final badge: a grape soda cap that Ellie gave to Carl when they first met and made their promise. The two then enjoy some ice cream together. Meanwhile, Carl's house is shown to have landed on the cliff beside Paradise Falls, as promised to Ellie.

Rules
    Once you are dead, you may not continue to post in this or your faction's thread if you were in one. Also, please keep communication with alive players about anything related to this game to a minimum so as to not give an unfair advantage. If you post as a dead player in this thread, your post(s) will be deleted.
    ** Editing of posts after 10 minutes is forbidden.
    ** Editing a vote is forbidden, if you wish to change your mind do so in a separate post.
    ** Deleting posts is forbidden.
    ** Quoting/Screenshotting/using anything provided by me in a PM as evidence is forbidden. You may however paraphrase if needed.
    ** No PM'ing or talking about this game outside of this thread is allowed.

You are free to discuss whatever you want, claim whatever you want, and draw whatever conclusions you want. Just remember that anything can be faked.

Night phase

The order of night actions is as follows: Unknown.

Day phase

Everybody has one vote per day to use to decide who to lynch. You can always change your vote, or even have no current vote. Once a player has acquired more than half the votes, they are immediately lynched and may no longer post in the thread - if you have information you need to make public, make sure you say it before you get that last vote.

Please put your decision in Bold Letters (ex: UNVOTE VOTE [Player you want lynched])
    To vote for someone, use "VOTE: [Player]
    To remove your vote, use "UNVOTE" on a line by itself.
    To change your vote, use "UNVOTE VOTE: [OtherPlayer]” to cancel your previous vote and change the vote to lynch [OtherPlayer]
    To vote for not lynching anyone use "No lynch"
    To peg someone as a suspicious candidate that you would potentially vote for, without actually voting, use the Finger of Suspicion; FoS: Largehorn
    If no one reaches majority or modified majority vote by the end of the day, then the result will be a No Lynch. The modified majority lynch rule is any player who at the end of the day has a majority of the votes cast on them will be lynched.

At the beginning of each day phase, edited versions of the role cards from the night’s deceased players will be revealed unless a night action prevents it.

Alive Players
    1. Dranxadin
    2. Maxilian
    3. Nahriel
    4. PalawinFC

Dead Players
    Day 1: KurenaiXIII (Mafia Goon) has been lynched.
    Night 1: Graeham (COP) has been killed.
    Night 1:
    Anakso (Vanilla Townie) has been killed.

Day 2: Valyrian the Eternal (Mafia Goon) has been lynched.
    Night 2: Catta (Vanilla Townie) has been killed.
    Night 2:
    Lellybaby (Vanilla Townie) has been killed.
    NIght 2:
    Reticence (Vanilla Townie) has been killed.

Day 3: Monkz (Mafia Goon) has been lynched.
    Night 3: Celtic209 (Mafia Goon) has been killed.
    Night 3:
    Robozerim (Vanilla Townie) has been killed.
    Night 3:
    Strikered (Vanilla Townie) has been killed.

Day 4: Lora (Vanilla Townie) has been mod-killed.

Day 4: Phaetonknight (Mafia Goon) has been lynched.
    Night 4: tumppu (Mafia Godfather) has been killed.
    Night 4: Lysah (Vanilla Townie) has been killed.
    Night 4: dupti (Vanilla Townie) has been killed.

Day 5: Virothe (Mafia Goon) has been lynched.
    Night 5: kel (Vanilla Townie) has been killed.
    Night 5:
    PistolPink (Vanilla Townie) has been killed.
    Night 5: Xanjori has ascended into the heavens!

Day 6: Karragon (Doctor) has been lynched.
    Night 6: Blood Fox (Vanilla Townie) has been killed.
    Night 6: Uggorthaholy (Serial Killer) has been killed.

Day 7: Omertocracy (Vanilla Townie) has been lynched.
    Night 7: listo95 (Watcher) has been killed.
    Night 7: Crackleslap (Vanilla Townie) has been killed.
    Night 7: JynxMoonchild has ascended into the heavens.

Day 8: Cruelle (Mafia Goon) has been lynched.
    Night 8: Razamith has ascended into the heavens.

Day 9: Arialla (Vanilla Townie) has been lynched.

With that, the game is over. Mafia has won!

Congratulations to the following players:
    KurenaiXIII
    Monkz
    Phateonknight
    Dranxadin
    PalawinFC

Along with those who met their alternate win conditions:
    Xanjori
    JynxMoonchild
    Razamith

Here's a list of the quick topics for this game:
    http://www.quicktopic.com/51/H/b8udjWPtWEmN3

I'll get a list of the role cards into that quick topic thread once I have some time to do it.
    Last edited by Largehorn; 2015-07-17 at 12:27 PM.

First.

Again!

Right so everyone should have a RC. If you don't, please PM me.

Vote: Celtic

Its obligatory.

Deleted
    Vote: Lysah

I remember that I told myself to always do this D1.

Vote: Valyrian

i expect a role claim in about 20 minutes

Hay.
    This is.. interesting.

Vote Xan

Vote: Razamith

Missed you. <3

Vote: Palawin

Just it get that out of the way

10+ Year Old Account
    Psh. Changed my mind.

unvote
    vote: Tumppu

Vote Blood Fox

LaC

Lynch all Chemists.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reticence View Post
    Vote: Razamith

Missed you. <3
    don't we all?

I've decided not to trust anyone with an "O" in their name this game. Zeros are wannabe Os and just as bad. Using this rule i can see some patterns forming and pretty sure i've nailed down the two mafia teams and SK.
    Anakso,Celtic209,Karragon,listo95,Lora,Monkz,Phaetonknight,PistolPink,Virothe,Xanjori
    JynxMoonchild,Omertocracy,Robozerim,Uggorthaholy
    Blood Fox
    Clearly the second mafia has extra powers to make up for their numbers. So ya that's game sorry for ruining it for everyone.

vote: JynxMoonchild

Deleted
    Also, can we just talk about the fact that we have to somehow manage to gather 18 people to vote for the same target in order to get a lynch today? I'm exhausted just by the thought alone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you guys voting for the sake of killing someone? O.o

Quote Originally Posted by PistolPink View Post
    Also, can we just talk about the fact that we have to somehow manage to gather 18 people to vote for the same target in order to get a lynch today? I'm exhausted just by the thought alone.
    ^ But at least we have modified majority.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Razamith View Post
    Anakso,Celtic209,Karragon,listo95,Lora,Monkz,Phaetonknight,PistolPink,Virothe,Xanjori
    JynxMoonchild,Omertocracy,Robozerim,Uggorthaholy
    Blood Fox
    All of these people confirmed for not being members of Razamith's 10man SK team. I've got you all figured out!