Deleted

Help me with my master thesis and win a WoW in-game shop item of your choice!

Hello!

The title pretty much sums is up. I am working on my master thesis about gamification, advergaming, in-game advertising and its usability. For the analysis I'm doing, I need to make a small survey. Therefore I'd like to ask a small favor of you guys - filling in the following questionnaire. It will help me greatly with finishing the work.

I don't expect you to do it for free though. If you are a WoW player, you have a chance of winning any in-game shop item of your choice. Don't forget to enter your battletag or character name/realm at the end of the questionnaire. I will pick one of the names at random and contact you about it.

Sadly, since I only created the account recently, I am not allowed to post links and you will have to copy&paste the row.

goo.gl/forms/dm9gvcSGM2

Thank you kindly and good luck if you are entering the competition.

EDIT: I've been reminded by Flabberly to define product placement (later only PP) - thanks for that. I hope the following explanation is understandable.

In general, it's any kind of an existing real-life brand/product/known person involved with a brand wchich finds itself implemented in a visual, audio or audiovisual medium; with the primary intention of raising the revenue or simply increasing the awareness. Good examples are Aston Martin cars in James Bond movies, Coca-cola drinks on the table during a TV talk-show, EA games ad in a FIFA game or even mentioning a beer brand in a book. Since videogames indeed are a valid audiovisual medium, they're being used more and more often as an advertising tool over the past few years.
    Last edited by mmoc7782aa7abe; 2015-06-26 at 09:52 PM. Reason: explanation

EU or US?

Also, you should state how you define product placement. We're entering slightly ambiguous fields here.
    Last edited by Flabberly; 2015-06-26 at 07:51 PM.

Deleted
    Hope my answers help ya brah

10+ Year Old Account
    Hope it helps.

Deleted
    Flabberly: My mistake for not letting you know, it's EU and US, I have accounts on both

Thanks to all who have replied so far, it's a great help indeed.

Deleted
    It's great with all these surveys i suppose but how did you find mmo-champion? Unless you have ever visited it thanks to a game?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnish Nerd View Post
    It's great with all these surveys i suppose but how did you find mmo-champion? Unless you have ever visited it thanks to a game?

That's true of course. But since you've probably heard of MMO-champion from someone else, not in an in-game ad, it's not exactly product placement. From the marketing communications point of view, it's simply called buzz, or word of mouth.

Anyway guys, I need just a few more answers for my analysis, so go ahead, answer the questions and get a mount or a pet of your choice.