10+ Year Old Account

Fallout New Vegas Bug

Like I'm sure many other people are, I've recently started replaying Fallout New Vegas. It is a buggy mess to be sure, with crashes all around, but it's only a minor annoyance. That was until I finished the Honest Hearts dlc, where the ending slideshow causes me to crash 100% of the time. I don't know if there is something wrong with my computer or some choices that I made during the dlc are doing it, but I can't continue. My only save is in Zion RIGHT before the triggering event, so just not doing it is not an option. Does anyone know a mod or console command that can cause the ending slideshow to not play so I can get on with the 97% of the game I have left to do?

From my experience things like this are mod conflictions, disable/enable mods until you get passed that point then turn them back on again. I had a similar thing happen when entering that zone it would CTD right after the scripted sequence, as soon as you got control back, CTD, fixed the problem by toggling mods.

NV is a touchy beast though, there are scripts that help limit the crashes like this http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/53635/?

but yes its either a mod conflicting with another mod or its just the load order.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2015-06-25 at 02:53 PM.

Crashing at the end of honest hearts is a fairly common bug.

Mission mojave

YUP

those are the two big bug fix mods pick one and only one

NVAC

This will stop you from crashing 99% of the time for other reasons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Update for anyone having similar problems: I downloaded NVSE (new vegas script extender) as well as some bug/crash fixing mods like the above posts have mentioned. New vegas is indeed a mess, and when I had the issue I was running the game clean, no active mods at all, so it can happen to anyone. Thanks for the input!