High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Talking Searching for a new nameplate addon!

I currently use sqwnameplates and I used doc's nameplates before that.
    I love how clean they look.

I'm looking for a replacement since sqw seems to have nobody to maintain it.

The one big thing that bugs me about it now is that the elite indicator is huge and there is no way to make it more compact.

What I require:

I would love the nameplates to only show class colored names and no health bar for friendlies.
    I would love for the font settings to stick after an update (this kicks Tidyplates from the list).
    I would love the addon to have a somewhat simple config gui (trying to avoid messing with lua files since they will get overwritten when the addon updates).
    I would love that the addon be actively maintained.

Does such a thing exist?

I tried kuinameplates, as it comes so close to what i want but i can't figure out how to have friendlies NOT show a health bar.

Any and all help is appreciated.

Thanks,

MM

Quote Originally Posted by Mil Mascaras View Post
    I tried kuinameplates, as it comes so close to what i want but i can't figure out how to have friendlies NOT show a health bar.
    Shift-V toggles those.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tordenflesk View Post
    Shift-V toggles those.
    Yes, but the way I have the addon configured, friendlies and npcs have their names displayed in the font and style of the addon sans health bar.
    Hitting shift-v takes me to the horrible wow names. (I installed kuinameplates to try it out)

It's incredibly hard to pick someone out in a crowd with the wow name display. It is incredibly easy to pick out someone the way i have sqwnameplates configured.

Tidyplates offers if I recall a Headline style which is a text only nameplate, which would be far superior for legibility though only when they are in nameplate range.
    Outside of that range it would resort to the blizzard default, and there is no way to change that except possibly for the font used.
    I shall need to look at KUI which I use myself, to see if that offers similar.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Tidyplates offers if I recall a Headline style which is a text only nameplate, which would be far superior for legibility though only when they are in nameplate range.
    Outside of that range it would resort to the blizzard default, and there is no way to change that except possibly for the font used.
    I shall need to look at KUI which I use myself, to see if that offers similar.
    Tidy plates does offer that.
    My beef with Tidy plates is that any font changes have to be made through lua files and those get overwritten when it updates. Which can be a pain in the butt if it happens more than once a day.

NamePlateAdvance2 may have what you are looking for if you have the patience. Not sure if it has what you want, all I know is it has a lot of options I never got around to figuring out because I could not stand any nameplate addon for more than 5 minutes(Long story short, I wrote my own.).
    "I have not failed, I simply found 10,000 ways that did not work." - Thomas Edison

Quote Originally Posted by Mil Mascaras View Post
    Yes, but the way I have the addon configured, friendlies and npcs have their names displayed in the font and style of the addon sans health bar.
    Hitting shift-v takes me to the horrible wow names. (I installed kuinameplates to try it out)

It's incredibly hard to pick someone out in a crowd with the wow name display. It is incredibly easy to pick out someone the way i have sqwnameplates configured.
    I think you can change the font of the default unit names with a line like:

Code:
    UNIT_NAME_FONT = "Interface\\AddOns\\yourFontsFolder\\yourFont.ttf"
    In an addon. PM me if you want to try this. I hacked/fixed an old out of date font changer addon, and I'm not 100% sure how it works, but it does and is easy enough to edit. I'll send you the addon if you need (it's in the KaitUI download also).