Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    flying gronnling confirmed? Certainly feels like people are just complaining for the sake of it. It's like people complaining about being 'forced' to fly if they arent using it. No you aren't.

Deleted
    strap some wings on it and it'll fly, it worked for Illidan

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Difference is I do have that. The OP is complaining he can't use his ground mount when he can. There is absolutely nothing stopping him at all. Therefore there isn't anything to complain about except for the hidden context of "I don't want flying to exist so I can use my ground mount".
    No you clearly dont. The point is once upon a time earning Gladiator gave you an mount that could 'gasp' fly AND 'gasp' be used as a ground mount! AND it even gives you the fastest flying training if you don't already have it! Because clearly the intent was these mounts would be flying mounts.

So yeh the WoD Glads get shafted on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dotcha View Post
    No you clearly dont. The point is once upon a time earning Gladiator gave you an mount that could 'gasp' fly AND 'gasp' be used as a ground mount! AND it even gives you the fastest flying training if you don't already have it! Because clearly the intent was these mounts would be flying mounts.

So yeh the WoD Glads get shafted on that one.
    So getting a ground mount instead of a flying mount is "getting shafted", nowadays?

Yeesh, people will whine about anything.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post

Yeesh, people will whine about anything.
    The irony in this statement of yours is perfect!

Quote Originally Posted by Dotcha View Post
    ...once upon a time earning Gladiator gave you an mount that could 'gasp' fly AND 'gasp' be used as a ground mount!...
    No it didn't. Flying mounts couldn't be used as a ground mount until 6.0. In bc your glad mounts were basically good for afking in shattrath, and they even took that away in wrath because dalaran was a no-fly zone.

At least the gronnlings work in pvp areas--presumably where you actually spend all your time. Maybe in another eight years they'll grow wings; until then it's not that big a deal.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nerdjames View Post
    No it didn't. Flying mounts couldn't be used as a ground mount until 6.0.
    What are you smoking, bro? Flying mounts could be used as ground mounts since TBC.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Deleted
    Sympathising for the OP. Must say even thou the s1-s4 were really spectacular, ofc the runner up season mounts were nice looking aswell. Getting a ground only mount since flying is coming back is rather unfair. But who knows maybe it will be a one season only deal and just rework some other mounts for the upcoming seasons.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Proof (as if we needed it) that people will complain about anything.

What are you doing with your "hard earned" Vicious War Wolf and similar rewards? Why no complaints back then? Oh..because it makes sense to reward a ground mount from a BG achievement that you then can SHOW OFF (and instill awe in the hearts of the foes) there
    Not sure if trolling or just stupid.

Do you have any idea what so ever what it takes to get a glad mount compared to vicious war wolf as you choose to use as your example.
    I honestly couldnt give two shits about a easy to get mount, but what i do give to shits about is my mount that i worked my ass off to get.

Glads of this xpac gets as someone before me "shafted" because we get a mediocre mount compared to all the previous freaking 15 mounts.

As i stated in my original post, i could deal with it being a grounded mount heck i could even deal with it being a gronnling if flying wasnt returning to wow like blizzard originally stated. Because in this case i might not be able to use it in OLD zones but i could atleast use it onward in the future of the game.

But now that fact has changed and i have litteraly no reason to use it unless im in a noflying zone which is like 5% of the game if not less , after they implement flying into wod.

Dont tell me you wouldn't be pissed if you worked towards buying a new car and finally bought it, but hey oops did we forget to mention you cant turn it on while its on the roads but you can still push it which is nice. but its all good man we got you covered, you can drive all you want in my backyard.
    Last edited by mmoce9a77ae127; 2015-07-02 at 03:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venedia View Post
    Do you have any idea what so ever what it takes to get a glad mount compared to vicious war wolf as you choose to use as your example.
    It costs the same amount of cash.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    It costs the same amount of cash.
    The hell are you on about?

10+ Year Old Account
    The hell are you on about?
    Both can be bought with cash. No, not in Blizzard shop.

Not sure if trolling or just stupid.
    So I finally came to the conclusion after reading everyone's responses later on. If we think it's dumb you are complaining about it then it automatically means we are trolling which isn't the case. You just don't like our viewpoint.

I honestly couldnt give two shits about a easy to get mount, but what i do give to shits about is my mount that i worked my ass off to get.
    Just because one is harder to get doesn't negate the fact the mount is still usable in every aspect of the game. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the mount that makes it non-functional anywhere. Sure flying is faster, but it doesn't mean your mount is unusable.

Glads of this xpac gets as someone before me "shafted" because we get a mediocre mount compared to all the previous freaking 15 mounts.

As i stated in my original post, i could deal with it being a grounded mount heck i could even deal with it being a gronnling if flying wasnt returning to wow like blizzard originally stated. Because in this case i might not be able to use it in OLD zones but i could atleast use it onward in the future of the game.
    Again, you are wrong. You did not get shafted at all. You knew 100% going into this that the reward was a ground mount. There is no way around this. Also, they never stated there was "no" flying until some point in 6.1. Prior to that it was always "up in the air", so you had plenty of time to know that it was a possibility of coming back. Just because they went with maybe, swapped to a no in 6.1, and then a yes at the end of 6.1 doesn't mean that there was always a no. In fact, you'd be better off assuming flying would come back at some point.

Unless there are some kind of "facts" you can prove that show flying from Day 1 was never going to be in then the argument of "well they said we weren't getting flying so it made it worth it" would be valid then it isn't.

But now that fact has changed and i have litteraly no reason to use it unless im in a noflying zone which is like 5% of the game if not less , after they implement flying into wod.
    Again, it goes back to what I said for all of 6.0 and part of 6.1 it was always a maybe. This should've been a red flag if you didn't like ground only mounts. Again I have yet to see any reason why you can't use it in a flying zone period. The only reason to use a flyer would be faster traveling or running up in the sky to hide so you don't have to engage in PvP. Neither one affect your personal use of a ground mount. Someone said it provides a PvP advantage. Please explain how it provides a PvP advantage unless you mean "I get to fly faster to someone!"

You can claim it's a troll post all you want. The point is, you guys are just complaining because you think you got shafted. You didn't. You knew from Day 1 it was a ground mount. You knew from Day 1 flying was still a possibility. Your mount works in the game everywhere 100% of the time. Flyers won't always work, such as new areas/expansions, battlegrounds, arena's (I might be wrong and they disabled them. Last time I did one they could still be used), old areas that don't have flying enabled. All of those areas still count even though you may not visit them because they are still a part of the game, they are still content.

Dont tell me you wouldn't be pissed if you worked towards buying a new car and finally bought it, but hey oops did we forget to mention you cant turn it on while its on the roads but you can still push it which is nice. but its all good man we got you covered, you can drive all you want in my backyard.
    Your example has absolutely nothing to do with a comparison of this. Getting a ground mount knowing you could possibly fly is not the same as buying a car that can't start. The Gronnling still is 100% usuable everywhere. A nonstarting car is just a big paperweight. Not to mention a car you can have fixed/returned if it isn't working like it should and no, selling a brand car knowing it doesn't start doesn't count as "working as intended".

Deleted
    Both can be bought with cash. No, not in Blizzard shop.
    You're talking about boosting i reckon?

What would be the point tho? you have not earned it, the title is a sign of skill and if you dont play on that level then why fake it, i can spot if im playing a 2k person or a 2.8k person there is a pretty major difference.

but that is a whole other discussion i wont get into, stay on topic

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    So I finally came to the conclusion after reading everyone's responses later on. If we think it's dumb you are complaining about it then it automatically means we are trolling which isn't the case. You just don't like our viewpoint.

Just because one is harder to get doesn't negate the fact the mount is still usable in every aspect of the game. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the mount that makes it non-functional anywhere. Sure flying is faster, but it doesn't mean your mount is unusable.

Again, you are wrong. You did not get shafted at all. You knew 100% going into this that the reward was a ground mount. There is no way around this. Also, they never stated there was "no" flying until some point in 6.1. Prior to that it was always "up in the air", so you had plenty of time to know that it was a possibility of coming back. Just because they went with maybe, swapped to a no in 6.1, and then a yes at the end of 6.1 doesn't mean that there was always a no. In fact, you'd be better off assuming flying would come back at some point.

Unless there are some kind of "facts" you can prove that show flying from Day 1 was never going to be in then the argument of "well they said we weren't getting flying so it made it worth it" would be valid then it isn't.

Again, it goes back to what I said for all of 6.0 and part of 6.1 it was always a maybe. This should've been a red flag if you didn't like ground only mounts. Again I have yet to see any reason why you can't use it in a flying zone period. The only reason to use a flyer would be faster traveling or running up in the sky to hide so you don't have to engage in PvP. Neither one affect your personal use of a ground mount. Someone said it provides a PvP advantage. Please explain how it provides a PvP advantage unless you mean "I get to fly faster to someone!"

You can claim it's a troll post all you want. The point is, you guys are just complaining because you think you got shafted. You didn't. You knew from Day 1 it was a ground mount. You knew from Day 1 flying was still a possibility. Your mount works in the game everywhere 100% of the time. Flyers won't always work, such as new areas/expansions, battlegrounds, arena's (I might be wrong and they disabled them. Last time I did one they could still be used), old areas that don't have flying enabled. All of those areas still count even though you may not visit them because they are still a part of the game, they are still content.

Your example has absolutely nothing to do with a comparison of this. Getting a ground mount knowing you could possibly fly is not the same as buying a car that can't start. The Gronnling still is 100% usuable everywhere. A nonstarting car is just a big paperweight. Not to mention a car you can have fixed/returned if it isn't working like it should and no, selling a brand car knowing it doesn't start doesn't count as "working as intended".
    You are basicly just ignoring everything, and just twisting the words to fit your own agenda. good riddance to you

And a question what made you come to this thread from the dark abyss we call steam forums and movie threads

Quote Originally Posted by Appelgren View Post
    You should probably not be a mod if you lack basic logical thinking and analyzing skills. Thats all I can say on the matter...
    Quote Originally Posted by solarfallz View Post
    So do you intentionally just ignore the fact that it's a multiplayer game and using a ground mount puts you at a disadvantage that you wouldn't have if flying weren't allowed? Or, do you simply just not understand very basic concepts of WoW? If the former, then great job trollposting, if the latter, that's unfortunate, but I hope you enjoy your life as you aimlessly wander through it.
    Last edited by mmoce9a77ae127; 2015-07-02 at 07:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're talking about boosting i reckon?

What would be the point tho? you have not earned it, the title is a sign of skill and if you dont play on that level then why fake it, i can spot if im playing a 2k person or a 2.8k person there is a pretty major difference.
    Of course I (not me personally, I don't care about pvp) earned it, it says gladiator right there. I earned the money, just because you chose to spend time instead - doesn't mean you earned it more. And we are talking about the mount, not pvp skill here. If my goal is to get a mount I don't care if you can spot me.

And while we are there, If you are in it for pvp (for earning process) - you shouldn't care about the mount that much as to create a thread about it.

You are basicly just ignoring everything, and just twisting the words to fit your own agenda. good riddance to you
    What am I ignoring exactly? I've answered each part you guys have ask and how is it exactly twisting if it's the exact truth that's been spoken time over time? If you want to disagree that's fine, but everything I've said Blizzard has said over time themselves. There's really no twisting about it.

Frankly, Warlords is full of little disappointments. Welcome to the club.

What are you smoking, bro? Flying mounts could be used as ground mounts since TBC.
    Sure, in the sense that they could run on the ground in flying zones. But flying mounts were not useable outside of flying-enabled zones except for a few odd dual-purpose ones (e.g. engineering flying machines, headless horseman, blizzard store mounts). You couldn't use glad mounts--or any drakes for that matter, as far as I'm aware--in arenas or battlegrounds at any time. I'm not guessing here; I'm 100% certain this is how the game was.
    Last edited by asb; 2015-07-03 at 02:06 AM.