Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Animosity View Post
    You cant open with the cheapshot after the vanish because you won't gain the 50% bonus damage from stealth with your envenom. 50% more damage 5cp envenom with 100% chance to crit is insane.
    unless he is using Subterfuge, then you would open with a cheap after a vanish

im gonna try out that opener listed in the video - i think i like it better than what i was doing.
    Last edited by Avada Kedavra; 2015-06-29 at 04:37 PM.
    “What was God doing before the divine creation? Was he preparing
    hell for people who asked such questions?” - Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by Avada Kedavra View Post
    unless he is using Subterfuge, then you would open with a cheap after a vanish

im gonna try out that opener listed in the video - i think i like it better than what i was doing.
    you don't understand subterfuge is in the same talent tree as nightstalker.. lol you would need to open up with envenom after vanish with nightstalker for maximum dps. That's what sativ does anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by chaarrllee3000 View Post
    Now I have another question lol:

Ambush or Mutilate?

What is better to use?
    What does more damage?

I don't use Ambush.

Just because Assassination rogues are all about their poisons and poison damage, magic damage. I just don't like the thought of using Ambush.

Ambush is more of a Sublety rogue ability. Sublety rogues are all about that PHYSICAL damage. Ambush. Backstab.

I can play all three specs well (Played sub for over a year in cata, very comfortable with it). Sub was also my favorite spec.

Ambush sucks unless you're shadow dancing. It doesn't even really make sense. Even in that case it's only to replace backstab with a armor pen version of itself.

you don't understand subterfuge is in the same talent tree as nightstalker.. lol you would need to open up with envenom after vanish with nightstalker for maximum dps. That's what sativ does anyway.
    yes im aware which is why i said if one is using subterfuge opening with a cheap is the way to go
    “What was God doing before the divine creation? Was he preparing
    hell for people who asked such questions?” - Stephen Hawking

Open cheap shot > mutilate > rupture > MFD > kidney > vanish > 5cp (set bonus) >envenom

I think before the envenom though, I should cheap shot stun him first lol.

Open cheap shot > mutilate > rupture > MFD > kidney > vanish > 5cp (set bonus) > CHEAP SHOT STUN >envenom

I like this opener though. Thank you. I will try this!
    Wait what? You're going to cheap shot right after a 5cp Kidney shot?

Open cheap shot > mutilate > rupture > MFD > kidney > vanish > 5cp (set bonus) >envenom

I think before the envenom though, I should cheap shot stun him first lol.

Open cheap shot > mutilate > rupture > MFD > kidney > vanish > 5cp (set bonus) > CHEAP SHOT STUN >envenom

I like this opener though. Thank you. I will try this!
    No. Just...no. If you vanish you get 5cps from your 4pc and you get cold blood buff which gives 100% critical chance to envenom. If you vanish and open with anything else other than envenom/eviscerated then youre doing it wrong. Only exception to that is if you're about to die and you need to save yourself. And you miss out on dps and a combo point by vanishing into a cheap shot. Assuming you are using night stalker or shadow focus.
    Last edited by Sicarius87; 2015-07-01 at 01:56 PM.
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel

And it's safe to assume night stalker because that damage bonus on the guaranteed crit is hawt
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

My (PvP) burst opener as assassination:
    Vendetta (while in stealth) -> Cheap Shot -> Rupture -> Mark -> DfA -> Vanish -> Envenom
    You can fit these all during the Cheap Shot, especially with the glyph for it.
    It is important to put rupture on before the burst (in bold) so you can continue doing good damage after the burst AND to get all the procs up (trinket and weapon enchants).

I did some world PvP fun with buffs yesterday using this opener:
    | Ryzen R7 5800X | Radeon RX 6800 |

How about this:

Stealth>Vendetta+Trinket>Cheap>Rupture>MfD>DfA>Vanish>Envenom >Mut/Disp to 5cp> Kidney > Vanish > Envenom > Mut/Disp to 5cp> DfA if of CD or Rupture > dead?

Quote Originally Posted by Appelgren View Post
    How about this:

Stealth>Vendetta+Trinket>Cheap>Rupture>MfD>DfA>Vanish>Envenom >Mut/Disp to 5cp> Kidney > Vanish > Envenom > Mut/Disp to 5cp> DfA if of CD or Rupture > dead?
    Using trinket from stealth breaks stealth. unfortunately. idk why

Using trinket from stealth breaks stealth. unfortunately. idk why
    This. And you get more out of your trinket if you use it right before DfA/Envenom with a macro for example instead of using it with vendetta. This way you don't waste your trinket uptime (vendetta triggers GCD).
    | Ryzen R7 5800X | Radeon RX 6800 |

Quote Originally Posted by Ambushu View Post
    No. Just...no. If you vanish you get 5cps from your 4pc and you get cold blood buff which gives 100% critical chance to envenom. If you vanish and open with anything else other than envenom/eviscerated then youre doing it wrong. Only exception to that is if you're about to die and you need to save yourself. And you miss out on dps and a combo point by vanishing into a cheap shot. Assuming you are using night stalker or shadow focus.
    Whats the prob with vanish cheap shot if u not using nightstalker? didnt got it. Actualy looks better because of prey of the weak

Quote Originally Posted by sepulturaa View Post
    Whats the prob with vanish cheap shot if u not using nightstalker? didnt got it. Actualy looks better because of prey of the weak
    As I explained you lose out on that cp that cs gives you because when you vanish, your 4pc gives you 5 cps. You can do it if the situation calls for it but if you're going to vanish and reopen it should be with envenom. Else put those cp's from vanish into a recuperate and open cs
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel

I do not worry with cp lost if that means a kill realy. And the second stun also means he cant use any cds.
    The only way u dont loose cps in pvp or pve is using anticipation and u usualy dont use that talent.

Deleted
    Whats the highest burst you can do in opener ?

Quote Originally Posted by byitz View Post
    Whats the highest burst you can do in opener ?
    I've done 250k on a target dummy in full pvp gear. Then again it was a target dummy
    My Youtube Channel

Deleted
    what opener did you do?

I have been doing some pvp and got full blue gear with some purple pieces. The damage is crazy. Had a few 100ks but not during an opener. Should prob check what i can do in opener.

Quote Originally Posted by byitz View Post
    what opener did you do?

I have been doing some pvp and got full blue gear with some purple pieces. The damage is crazy. Had a few 100ks but not during an opener. Should prob check what i can do in opener.
    I do not like to give out my secrets but I'llsay it does not involve subterfuge or dfa.
    My Youtube Channel

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambushu View Post
    I do not like to give out my secrets but I'llsay it does not involve subterfuge or dfa.

Pm me i wont tell anyone :P

Correct maximum potential burst is as follows:

a) Nightstalker / Internal Bleeding / MfD / DfA
    b) Open on target, 5cp rupture, pool to 5cp
    c) Trinket > KS > Vendetta > MfD > DfA > Vanish > Envenom > Prep > Vanish > Envenom

Credit to Sativ. Very important to not use any other yellow damage in between Vendetta - Envenom and Vanish - Envenom as you will clear the gtd crit + 50% damage buffs. To be on the safe side, make a /cast Vanish /cast Envenom macro and mash it.

Note that this is not a "take your opponent by surprise and rekt him out of stealth" opener, it is a strategy on how to do maximum damage within a brief time span (hence you are rolling rupture and Internal Bleeding DoT at the same time). If you have a friend with you, see if they can purge buffs / HoTs before you go beastmode. Also, don't blindly herpderp into the burst if your target uses a big mitigation ability and you have no way to get rid of it. Also it's kind of a waste of time vs anyone who can use an on-demand immunity (esp. hunters, mages, rogues, pallies), but works very nice vs overconfident plate in order to take them from 80% to execute range while they mash buttons.

Another point - while this combo is fun, it will not make you better at the game. It's great for BGs where you can reliably catch people outside of cooldowns, it's workable in low bracket 2dps arena, but not well suited for competitive play nor (gasp) dueling most classes.

Have fun.
    Last edited by shaithis; 2015-07-13 at 07:14 PM.
    Ragnar-Os! The only cereal with the Molten Core!
    BY FIBER BE PURGED!
    TASTE THE FLAVORS OF SULFURON!
    TWO SCOOPS, EXECUTUS! TWO SCOOPS!