Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Why do people complain about WoW that much?

So I wanted to renew my sub yesterday, and went to reddit and MMO-Champ main site to check up on the latest things.
    All i can see is whining. Everywhere. What the hell happened? I know most of the community has always been unsatisfied with every change they made. But Why I can't see a single post about something that you like?

I changed my mind and didn't renew my sub, came here to make this post to make things clear.

Is it really THAT bad or people just exaggerate?

"Do I care for the lives of mortals? No. Do you care for the lives of ants that crawls beneath your feet?"

Signature by the awesome Winter Blossom

Those upset that the game is not catering to their personal whims exaggerate, as shown by the fact that the game still has millions of players, a significant portion of even its peak, not representative of the vocal majority bashing it. Therefore the vocal feedback is not representative of the overall feelings.
    People happy spend time playing and rarely need to convince others of their view.
    Those with an unfounded negative view feel the need to justify it with supporting voices rather than a good argument.
    As demonstrated regularly by the instant "fanboy" accusation thrown at a lot of people who don't share a narrow negative viewpoint, despite that entire accusation relying on checking the post history and therefore feelings of that player on the whole of the game.
    Something nobody ever does before saying that.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

7+ Year Old Account
    Those on the forums are the (very) vocal minority. People will find something to complain about and take it to the forums, as that's one of the star reasons for a forum. Not necessarily a bad thing, as a complaint helps strengthen a game for the future. However, I have noticed that WoW has some of the bitchiest people who voice their opinions, whether in trade or in MMO-Champs. I'd ignore it and dive into the game if you're interested in WoW, because people will complain just to complain.

Deleted
    It's not that bad.
    Go re-sub and enjoy the game. Much less whining there!

Because it's poop.

But seriously, it's not like this doesn't happen with almost any game. As an example, just look at what happened when Nintendo announced the 3DS Metroid game, people started a petition to get it canceled.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrick View Post
    So I wanted to renew my sub yesterday, and went to reddit and MMO-Champ main site to check up on the latest things.
    All i can see is whining. Everywhere. What the hell happened? I know most of the community has always been unsatisfied with every change they made. But Why I can't see a single post about something that you like?

I changed my mind and didn't renew my sub, came here to make this post to make things clear.

Try it for yourself and make your own judgement. No one here is really going to help you.

People are really passionate about this game sometimes to a fault.
    Did you not see the whole Kung fu panda bashing that went on all last expansion?
    This time their are some legit problems with the game.
    Seems blizz is either it ignorant to them or just plain don't care.
    Add that to a passionate fan base and you get this.

Deleted

It's probably THAT bad, however remember that the ones enjoying themselves are probably busy playing and not all over the forum, don't you think?
    So, if you at first glance found patch note and trailer good, perhaps you should give it a try, we are all different.
    Personally Im not doing much content, Im doing garrisons and are very much willing to say my negative opinion about the changes there :P

Yeah, it's THAT bad. Anyone telling you otherwise has horrifically low standards or is playing with the coolest people in town to make the game somewhat fun. The worst part is, the game used to really, really good. Like, damn good. And now I'd rather play some indie game on Steam rather than WoW.

I think MMO-C is about the ONLY place on the internet left that still actively defends this game, and is outraged that people criticize it. The last bastion of denial and naivety.

10+ Year Old Account
    Go play in WoW itself, those haters are no where to be found.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

The best way to judge if you want to come back to the game, is to find others whom you have played with in the past who share as best as you can tell similar interests in the content.
    You won't find that here or on any public outlet.

If you don't want to fork out the cash, then a token is a possibility if you can afford it.
    A random nobody can't say if the game is worth it for you, and nor can any single person.
    Just those with whom you have shared in-game experiences are I feel the most objective, as you most likely share more in common with those than anyone on here.

Quote Originally Posted by WarlordsofDraenor View Post
    Yeah, it's THAT bad. Anyone telling you otherwise has horrifically low standards or is playing with the coolest people in town to make the game somewhat fun. The worst part is, the game used to really, really good. Like, damn good. And now I'd rather play some indie game on Steam rather than WoW.

I think MMO-C is about the ONLY place on the internet left that still actively defends this game, and is outraged that people criticize it. The last bastion of denial and naivety.
    Proves my earlier statement, instead of providing a good argument make an accusation towards anyone with a positive viewpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Pity they aren't mature enough to leave it alone, but no they have to have their audience, to satisfy their addiction to being a drama queen.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2015-06-27 at 01:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Oh lord no, they're there. Just go say in Looking for Group how you enjoy not flying or something, or you love all the new content. Yes, those are bait statements obviously, but you'll see the chat explode.

It's not that bad if you are into raiding. But the game doesn't have much else going for it right now, other than that. It's clear Blizzard is now making an effort to add things, but for many players, it's too little, too late. I actually very much enjoyed WoD up until the release of BRF, when I realized I didn't want to schedule my life around raid time anymore. I already had the Warlord of Draenor title (and played through old content when it was relevant, so no desire to do that stuff/ play alts again) so there really wasn't anything else left keeping me in the game. I had friends that played, but I felt like I was playing next to them, not with them, and it just wasn't enough to keep me subbed.

This couldn't be more wrong. I log in on my "free" version and go to capital cities and people are complaining about the game almost non-stop.

Friends aren't playing/have left, guilds are falling apart. But please stay in your fantasy world of denial. The game is objectively bad.

Proves my earlier statement, instead of providing a good argument make an accusation towards anyone with a positive viewpoint.
    I don't need an argument. I simply opened my eyes to the truth unlike you. The lost subs, the vast amount of complaints, the general contempt for the game among the greater gaming community is all there for you to see.

Trust me when I say this, none of my arguments could ever convince you that the game sucks when you're that deep in denial. There's no chance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WarlordsofDraenor View Post
    This couldn't be more wrong. I log in on my "free" version and go to capital cities and people are complaining about the game almost non-stop.

Friends aren't playing/have left, guilds are falling apart. But please stay in your fantasy world of denial. The game is objectively bad.
    i have like 50 friends onl playing WoW, most of them don't care that much about the changes, they adept to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

What?
    First off you might have a point of nowhere to be found because the servers are real low or dead because so many people quit playing or only hang out in garrisons.
    Secondly, check out trade chat and one will see plenty of hate going on there.

So the hate is even in game and not hard to find

The problem is two fold.
    First of all, Blizzard has supported casual play so heavily the last three expansions that now an insane majority have no commitments within the game and barely do anything worth speaking of.
    Second of all, 10 years of a game makes you feel very attached and familiar. At this point, everyone thinks the hundreds of dollars they have given in sub makes them a share holder and their specific ideas are now the only thing that will satisfy them.

Unfortunately, the game has gotten worse because of the community - the single most important reason. The developers do try their best to integrate feedback, but when they try to add something new, everyone forms an uprising and tries to counter every single point.

A third factor, albeit less specific, is likely a lot of people's age who complains here. Many have no real social attachments in the game or otherwise, and no real professional commitment within the game or probably even in real life. Their attention span has dwindled so severely that they are happy to hop from game to game and play whatever feels fun for a few hours then as soon as its not, use words like "its shit" or "is has no content," when reality is WoW literally has more things than you can ever do.

This is a product of the times though. Convenience has made us soft, in real life as well. Try to get your average 18 year old gamer to play a pen and paper RPG and see how it goes.

Anyway, the best course of action from my viewpoint is just to continue the course. HOPEFULLY the game gets "so bad" that all these people will just quit. But I have a feeling its an endless cycle, because these people have no idea what they actually want and continue to come back each expansion then complain how bad it is.

I'd like to believe that if we dropped below 5m subs a higher percentage of players would actually be doing things in the game instead of just logging on, claiming there is nothing to do, then posting about it.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Shortsy View Post
    Those on the forums are the (very) vocal minority. People will find something to complain about and take it to the forums, as that's one of the star reasons for a forum. Not necessarily a bad thing, as a complaint helps strengthen a game for the future. However, I have noticed that WoW has some of the bitchiest people who voice their opinions, whether in trade or in MMO-Champs. I'd ignore it and dive into the game if you're interested in WoW, because people will complain just to complain.
    You have no idea whether the views expressed on these boards by "whiners" are minority views or majority views. It well may be that what people complain about here is what is REALLY wrong with the game. Personally, I think that they are. Can anyone doubt that garrisons/shipyard are crap? You can try to defend those features but the overwhelming opinion expressed by the "whiners" on these message boards seems likely to be the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Stellan View Post
    You have no idea whether the views expressed on these boards by "whiners" are minority views or majority views. It well may be that what people complain about here is what is REALLY wrong with the game. Personally, I think that they are. Can anyone doubt that garrisons/shipyard are crap? You can try to defend those features but the overwhelming opinion expressed by the "whiners" on these message boards seems likely to be the truth.
    Even if I agree with you that those features are crap, which they are in my opinion, this site is not the majority opinion for the whole game.
    Just by the number of players and number of posters here alone proves that.
    Just because you or me don't like something doesn't mean others don't like it.
    You and me can only truthfully account for are own opinion.
    Anything else is pure speculation

And no, Gimlix is correct. Maybe there is a cesspool on locked realms but on the two medium-high pop realms I plan on you don't see anyone complaining. It would be pretty ridiculous to, as they are actually logged into the game they are complaining about. It would be pretty humorous to see some one actually try to say there was nothing to do while playing the game though, because I would just armory and link them the thousands of things they haven't done that my 13 year old brother has.
    Especially around patch time, the haters are on MMOchampion and the wow forums, and will stay casual. The people who play the game are doing it.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV