Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's not that WoD is bad... It's because Pandaria was better, and the competition is looking very good too. Damn, even the other Blizzard games are starting to look better - Look at the Diablo 3's patch 2.3, it's HOT.

And I love the franchise, so I will complain until it gets better for me!

The game is really good. The raids are better than ever. PvP is meh... its like PvP has always been, some OP classes some not. But its always been that way. However, I think its a little more balanced than before. The fact Alliance is dominating is a bit disheartening but it used to be that way with Horde, so idk.

Honestly, I think that Blizz caters way too much to the player base. They then learn that if you bitch enough, Blizz might change it, so thats all you see know is massive bitching about anything and everything in the hopes that Blizz changes whatever they are bitching about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    The community has killed itself with full knowledge of what it was doing, but keeps blaming blizzard for what is player behaviour by choice only.
    THAT is Blizzard's fault though.

They're the store owner and the store owner is responsible for who they allow as patrons, too. A restaurant that caters to low-lifers will attract low-lifers. Same with game studios.

You want a balance between good social interactions, and not having stuffiness you'd expect from being in a prison, either.

A balance.

What people do in the privacy of their own PRIVATE groups, that's for them to decide within the game rules. But PUBLIC groups, it's the very front door of Blizzard's flagship, they should long have had more pride in their craft. 22 year-olds acting just like spoiled 12 year-olds is not something to be proud of as hosting. -_-

Freaking final straw for me with the whole cross-realm premade feature is someone using it to plead to others to buy them a $60 instant 90 toon. They have no shame and treat the game like it's a public restroom. And Blizzard welcomes them, as it's their kind they WANT to attract. -_-
    Last edited by Kevyne-Shandris; 2015-06-27 at 03:06 PM.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BotFen View Post
    It's not that WoD is bad... It's because Pandaria was better, and the competition is looking very good too. Damn, even the other Blizzard games are starting to look better - Look at the Diablo 3's patch 2.3, it's HOT.

And I love the franchise, so I will complain until it gets better for me!
    Damn right. I can't wait for D3 Patch 2.3 - looks fu***** awesome!

And that is exactly why I still have hope for WoW. Yeah maybe WoD did not do as well as planned, but we don't know what they have in store next. Maybe they learn from all the whiners? Maybe they will hit us with something great in the next expansion .

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    WoW had that better community years ago.
    FF14 is new, and the playerbase less jaded only because it is new and shiny.
    It will go the same way given time.
    WoW never really had that community, I played wow vanilla through BC and quit not because I stopped enjoying the game but because I burned out on the toxic community. I eventually came back and luckily enough managed to find a guild that's pretty balanced this time around, but it took some shopping around and really was just luck. and even then I had lots of knowledge / experience from before, I can't imagine what a new player experiences these days with how things are.

FF14's community has nothing to do with newness, I promise you that. Everyone one of these newer MMO's has a solid foundation of former WoW players who are already conditioned to be assholes. The reason it's community is better is because of very simple systems in place that encourage / reward you for playing with people, especially new ones.

For instance something really simple that I've been experiencing while leveling up, they have a random dungeon que that gets you some kind of currency and will literally pick from any dungeon you have unlocked regardless of level and it will downscale you to the level of the dungeon when you enter it. Upon entering a dungeon this way with a new player (so me) it:

1) automatically announces that a new player is in the dungeon which sets expectations so that people don't flip out when everyone doesn't know everything.

2) gives people a useful bonus reward (such as an increase in said currency or other rewards) for playing with a new player.

Really simple and basic concept, yet it has a huge impact in how a new player is treated by veteran players AND gets new and veteran players playing together AND keeps old content relevant. Veteran players are happy to be playing with a new player because they're being rewarded for it, which makes them much nicer people when they have to explain something to the new player, which gives the new player a better experience because they're getting someone who isn't angry about their presence hindering them and instead a willing person who will guide them.

This sort of thing is sprinkled throughout the game and creates camaraderie and a positive community vs what we're used to. Which also perpetuates itself when someone starts acting like your average wow / league of legends player where people will shun or quickly move on from that negativity.

WoW really has no such systems in place, they give us access to each other (like any decent mmo does these days) but they do not encourage or incentivize us to help each other.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by WarlordsofDraenor View Post
    I don't need an argument. I simply opened my eyes to the truth unlike you. The lost subs, the vast amount of complaints, the general contempt for the game among the greater gaming community is all there for you to see.
    Why are you active in a forum dedicated to an "objectively bad" game, then?

If you're part of this "greater" gaming community, why don't you go play and discuss those good games, instead of lingering here trying to prove the game is bad to people who still enjoy it?

It's very easy to say the game is bad, or the game is in the worse state ever, but the fact is the very few that actually give any reasons or justification, don't agree with each other. For some it's balance that makes it bad, for others is lack of some type of content... it's simply and plainly subjective.

The big majority of people (here, in other forums, or in the WoW community in general) simply don't know enough about game design to have any sensible, informed and accurate opinion that comes close to being an objective analysis of the game. They can only say what they personally think, and what they personally believe makes the game bad (or would make the game better).

To this day I haven't seen a single one good reason for the game to be objectively bad (or worse than what it used to be). Just personal opinions.

And personal opinions are fine. Just don't try to shove them on others as "facts".
    Last edited by Kolvarg; 2015-06-27 at 03:34 PM.

It is that bad.

You get half of the content compare to all other expansion (such as Cata, MoP, etc).

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    OP, it's simple. Make up your own mind, don't refrain from subbing based on other people's opinion. Think for yourself.

But, keep in mind there are major issues with the game now, and you may very well end up complaining here along with the masses of other people. Generally if the majority of people are complaining about something, there is at least some validity to it. And the people that do complain are offering constructive criticism most of the time. It's because they care about the game and don't want to see suck. If people simply were negative and didn't care about wow they'd not waste their time and they would just move on to another game. There are plenty of other great games to play now, and IMO many better than wow in it's current state. But make your decisions for yourself, and you'll be better off in many areas, not just wow.

Deleted
    these people helped you save some money and time. be glad for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    WoW really has no such systems in place, they give us access to each other (like any decent mmo does these days) but they do not encourage or incentivize us to help each other.
    Because WoW has been created by these very same type of raiders...

Who staged in game riots because a paladin beat their warrior in tanking.

So we got WoW with the #1 class listed as Warrior (EQ/EQ2's Guardian), and the messed up class design because that Warrior always has to be #1 because of class hatred from a previous game (no GC, you can just stop lying about Blizzard would fire devs if they took a keen interest in one class design on purpose. We know now the three former EQ players now WoW devs staged a server protest all over class pettiness, and it's why and how WoW's Paladins fared so awful in 10 years ... all due to 3 of those guys and the politics they brought into WoW).

The 4.0.1+ class changes, in light of all that, yeah, it's no wonder why the game lost it's magic. Bitterness and pettiness robs a game of it's soul (especially right off a hit expansion). Warcraft didn't have that because Warcraft existed before EQ did.

EQ2 wasn't EQ, either. ^-^
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    Because WoW has been created by these very same type of raiders... <snip>
    That entire post was a mess, I'm not sure what it has to do with my post. It is very unclear what I should be getting from that SS.

because the people that post on this board a lot are sour fucks.

Deleted
    I think the most common fundamental reason is because most people know it is a great game but it could such a higher standard than it currently is.

Deleted
    Regardless of what you may read or what anyone on here may tell you on whether it's bad or not, you could always just spend the 9.99 of whatever currency you use and try it for yourself.

Games are very personal to people. Either you like what's going on in it or you don't, and that's up to you.

Though I think it's safe to say that if the game was -awful- there would be little to no one playing anymore. This is not the case however.

I'm try to figure why people are so addicted to the game they think it's above criticsm.

The ones who take complaints about Warcraft and turn them into personal assaults on their Fandom are much worse to me.

"Waaaah! Stop insulting WoW you're ruining my game!"

Weird and creepy. You're way too invested in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by bryroo View Post
    I'm try to figure why people are so addicted to the game they think it's above criticsm.

The ones who take complaints about Warcraft and turn them into personal assaults on their Fandom are much worse to me.

"Waaaah! Stop insulting WoW you're ruining my game!"

Weird and creepy. You're way too invested in the game.
    I think the reverse extreme of this is also true, that people like the OP find it odd that people are so addicted to the game that even when they appear to hate everything about it and criticize EVERYTHING they still play it or at the very least haunt forums to join in on the negativity.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrick View Post
    So I wanted to renew my sub yesterday, and went to reddit and MMO-Champ main site to check up on the latest things.
    All i can see is whining. Everywhere. What the hell happened? I know most of the community has always been unsatisfied with every change they made. But Why I can't see a single post about something that you like?

I changed my mind and didn't renew my sub, came here to make this post to make things clear.

Is it really THAT bad or people just exaggerate?
    I played the game from the start and loved the changes that were added since it was mostly for the better up until WotLK. Cataclysm was the first time I had to take a break because it started to be boring and grindy.

After that it just went all downhill and I seen myself taking longer and longer breaks each expansion. WoD is okay, nothing special. The leveling is good but when you hit max level there is nothing to do. Especially if you are an old player with so many achievement points.

It is just so repeptitive and sitting in a garrison with nothing to do is not how this game should be. The fact that there are now 4 different versions of each boss that can be killed each week doesn't help either.

For the first time ever I have unsubbed 4 months into an expansion and I just think that the game has taken a wrong turn. The price of the sub does not justify the content and the expansion itself is the most expensive while adding the least amount of content.

They have spaced out content very thin to maintain subscriptions and when they do add content it is usually not enough and can be consumed in a matter of weeks.

A lot of people love the game and are very passionate about it. When they see it taking a turn for the worse, they get very upset and vocal.
    WoW certainly isn't a terrible video game or anything, but it's been suffering from a lot of poor design this expansion, with relatively little hope of meaningful improvements on the horizon. The game, overall, is generally in worse shape than it's been in for a long time, which absolutely should not be the case with 10+ years of development to build on. Baffling design philosophy and a regression of many core systems come across as immensely frustrating when the problems seem so glaringly obvious to a lot of the playerbase.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    That entire post was a mess, I'm not sure what it has to do with my post. It is very unclear what I should be getting from that SS.
    -_-

Everything...

http://lorddictator.blogspot.com/200...din-nerfs.html

So why do Paladins get shafted?

It's simple, really. Oh so simple.

I should preface this post by stating that I have absolutely no insider information of any kind about their corporate workings...only an eye for the obvious.

You see, when WoW was released, it did not have these monkeys on the Dev Team.The monkeys being Jeff Kaplan (Tigole Bitties), Tom Chilton (Kalgan) and Alex Afrasiabi (Furor Planedefiler). These guys were hardcore Everquest guild leaders, the sort of people who thought 24 hour raids should be the next olympic sport. Between them is zero prior MMORPG design experience.

Furor and Tigole hated hybrid classes. Their anti-hybrid stance was notorious in Everquest. Furor was an obnoxious baby who organizedserver crash protests because Paladins out-tanked him in the EQ Planes of Power expansion. He was a loudmouthed brat who didn't care a lick about taking all the fun out of the game for other people.

Tigole was his best friend.

When Vivendi bought Blizzard, much of Blizzard's developing talent left.
    Now I hope you see the problem in all colors and sizes now, too. -_-

5 freaking years to get Holy Paladin BoAs. 5 years in a game that said you had to "l2p" it's class, and the devs didn't know that class basic needs of having gear to begin with???

Yeah, WoW needs some parental help at Blizzard HQ. The boys got to learn WoW isn't their raid guild, too.
    Last edited by Kevyne-Shandris; 2015-06-27 at 05:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    OP starts thread. 4 pages later, OP hasn't come back to engage at all. Hmm....

Some people are over the top in their criticism and anyone with a brain will recognize those posts and skip them. The critical posts to focus on are the ones that identify real issues. Now, will those issues both you? No idea. If you raid, the expansion has been pretty good and HFC looks good too. If you don't raid or if you want to do more than just raid, there's not a lot to do in comparison to prior expansions. However, this isn't new to 6.2. If OP left, why? If something annoyed you about 6.0/1 to the point of making you quit then 6.2 doesn't change anything much and you're unlikely to like the game just because of 6.2 changes. If you quit because of something else but were liking the game, give it a try. We can't tell you more than that